What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornstar

Coach
What I do know is this:
Mitchell had his chances, blew them and has no one to blame but himself.
Matt Keating took his chances with both hands until his dog bit one,which wasn't really his fault, but he's back on track and is the player I would prefer to have in our team.
THIS IS FACT.

A handful of good games in 2 years is not taking it with both hands imo! I would love to know the chances he took???? I must have missed it.....

Obviously MK is a gun trainer, he has the right attitude and does as he is told, unfortunately though, he doesn't do well on the field often enough!

I am disappointed about Mitchell and I think it is a mistake but it is the coaches decision and he will live and die by it......nothing I can do about it except support the team.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What I do know is, if Mitchell was given the chances and opportunity Matt keating was, he'd be miles ahead of where keating is today. THIS IS FACT

No, it's not a fact.

Funny - few years back when Keating almost single-handedly won us the game against the Dragons by kicking the 40-20 that eventually sealed it, nobody was too critical of him. But now he's Scapegoat Of The Month for some of the clowns on here.

For the record, I like Mitchell. He's nippy and has a big heart. But if he got shafted for disciplinary reasons, all Kearney had to do was ask and I would have driven him to Bondi myself.

MrT

Juniors
How does releasing Mitchell mid season help us sign someone else?

Well after having it explained to me. Mitchell's release has been justified if it's true what I heard. I don't want to state here what it was over in case it's not true but lets say it was his attitude and diciplinary reasons.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
A handful of good games in 2 years is not taking it with both hands imo! I would love to know the chances he took???? I must have missed it.....

Obviously MK is a gun trainer, he has the right attitude and does as he is told, unfortunately though, he doesn't do well on the field often enough!

I am disappointed about Mitchell and I think it is a mistake but it is the coaches decision and he will live and die by it......nothing I can do about it except support the team.

Why? Because his service from dummy-half is "slow" according to the vast armchair coaches on this site?

Matt Keating defends just as well, if not better, than any other hooker out there. He is just as fit, if not fitter, than any other hooker out there. He has a pretty handy kicking game (which inexplicably he rarely uses) and when he does run from dummy-half he looks dangerous. So how is it he doesn't perform well enough according to you? I can't recall Matt Keating costing us any games because of his ineptitude.

MrT

Juniors
Why? Because his service from dummy-half is "slow" according to the vast armchair coaches on this site?

Matt Keating defends just as well, if not better, than any other hooker out there. He is just as fit, if not fitter, than any other hooker out there. He has a pretty handy kicking game (which inexplicably he rarely uses) and when he does run from dummy-half he looks dangerous. So how is it he doesn't perform well enough according to you? I can't recall Matt Keating costing us any games because of his ineptitude.

I'm hoping Kearney and Arthurs can improve Keating. His strengths are his defence but his service from dummy half needs vast improvement. He holds onto the ball for way too long and by then the defence comes up in our face

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm hoping Kearney and Arthurs can improve Keating. His strengths are his defence but his service from dummy half needs vast improvement. He holds onto the ball for way too long and by then the defence comes up in our face

Mate, I am not claiming Matt Keating is perfect. He is not. But he is not as bad as people make him out to be - when we're up by 4 with 5 minutes left and we're defending, I would much rather have Keating out there than Mitchell, talented as Anthony is. At least with Keating out there you know your ruck defense is kept tight.

Like I said - I like Mitchell. But poor old Matt Keating cops it in buckets here, and it is not always warranted IMO.

MrT

Juniors
I think Mr T has just given up his identity.
Stating the word "FACT" without any evidence or basis to his claim tips me off that he is actually Mr Telegraph.

Suity

lol Suitman, I have far more credibility than that. Nice one though

MrT

Juniors
Mate, I am not claiming Matt Keating is perfect. He is not. But he is not as bad as people make him out to be - when we're up by 4 with 5 minutes left and we're defending, I would much rather have Keating out there than Mitchell, talented as Anthony is. At least with Keating out there you know your ruck defense is kept tight.

Like I said - I like Mitchell. But poor old Matt Keating cops it in buckets here, and it is not always warranted IMO.

I agree but you have to think that he plays in one of the most important positions on the field. He touches the ball first and more than anyone else, so it's very important he gets things right.

It kills me when he picks up the ball, takes a few steps and then shows the ball and then delays a pass and by then the defence is up in our face.

Just pass the ball from the ground sharply

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
Marmin is so far off 1st grade due to his body it's not funny. I seriously doubt he'll even make it looking at him up close.

Just got a message on the other player movement before June 30.
Stagger failed to name him so I won't either until it's confirmed. I will say this, It's a player coming to us and he's high profile

Poupou, No matter what talent you have or how good you are. If you play close to 100 1st grade games, you will get better before you get worse.

Tautai has signed for Wenty
Either you're joking, don't know or there's a different player

Status
Not open for further replies.