What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

caylo

Bench
Ouch...Plenty of jobs for dentists in the bush....

plenty of jobs for dentist everywhere, actually much safer career option then medicine where the internship shops is 80% of the grad numbers.

I actually am very interested to do my electives in a remote or rural area if there are any places you know of or can recommend.

IFR33K

Coach
not to sure if you are having a go at my posts, but I have never bagged him out, in fact if look at some of my older posts from 2008-09, I support Tautia quite a lot. I am actually excited with him returning to the eels if it is correct, the kid could really develop into something under Kearney. Tautai showed a lot more promise then Lasalo and look at how he is going under Kearney.

Not having a go at anyone. Tautai reminds me of Paulo. Big for nothing.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Not having a go at anyone. Tautai reminds me of Paulo. Big for nothing.

Yeah but for all his faults, Tautia actually makes metres, something Paulo did not. Tautai has got the correct mindset (runs hard, makes metres and shows agression), just needs some fine tuning (eg learn to stop giving away penalties, work on catching/passing and tighten up his defence - all things that can be fixed with good coaching and the willingness on Tautai's behalf), Paulo was a big Puff ball (also Tautia is still young, Paulo was in his mid 20's).

Also interesting the Storm were aslo making enquires for Tautia - Bellamy doesn't normally chase players unless he can see a bit of up side / improvement in them.

Bazal

Post Whore
Honestly, if a centre can't do as a good a job on both sides, then he shouldn't be in first grade IMO. Obviously some players have a particular strength, whether it be a fend or a step on a particular side and you try and accomodate that where you can but deadset, you pick the best players regardless of whether they are a so-called right or left centre. The basics of the position are exactly the same whichever side you play...if you can't do the basics why are you in first grade.

If we sign Tonga by some miracle and Loko can't play right centre, then he can wait behind whoever can until he works it out. It's really not that hard.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Also, Tautai has big ears so he probably has very good hearing.

Could be handy if the ref calls six again and nobody else hears it.

boxhead

First Grade
Who says we aren't trying to sign big-name players? Does signing depth players at the same time hamper our recruitment or something? :roll:

Avenger

Immortal
Manly teen captain picked off by Parramatta in massive deal

SEA Eagles recruitment guru Noel Cleal has accused rivals Parramatta of seeking revenge on the club by throwing big bucks at the 16-year-old captain of Manly’s Harold Matthews team.

Halfback Joey Lussick, a Beacon Hill junior and younger brother of rising Manly forward Darcy, received a massive deal from the Eels that was just too good to refuse.

“I think it is an attempt to try and get something back at us,” Cleal said.
“They are responding to the success we have had with Parramatta juniors.”

Six players who were in the Eels’ nursery are now members of Manly’s NRL squad after seeing an opportunity on the peninsula - Jamie Buhrer, Tim Robinson, Tony Williams, David Williams, Jamie Lyon and Joe Galuvao.“At least I wait until they have turned 20, now they are poaching them at 16,” Cleal said.

At the same time Parramatta, who have the second biggest nursery in the NRL behind Penrith, have come under heavy fire for their recruitment policy.

“Joey is a good young player and we just got beaten by the size of the offer,” Cleal said. “They threw five times the money that we had and they have five times the amount to spend on their second-tier budget than we do. “So we weren’t even in a bull’s roar of matching their offer.”

Cleal said the same thing happened when the Sea Eagles lost forwards Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Lama Tasi to the Roosters.“That is the nature of the beast, we have a limited budget that we have to stick to.”
While the Sea Eagles have lost Joey, his 22-year-old brother will be at the club for the next couple of years and is one of a number of rising stars who will take the club into the future.

The forward made his NRL debut on Saturday night in the impressive 24-4 win over the Cowboys at Brookvale Oval. “He was always going to be a late developer because of where he plays,” Cleal said.Lussick is another of the players to have graduated from the Sea Eagles under-20 Toyota Cup side along with the likes of Kieran Foran, Jamie Buhrer, Daly Cherry-Evans, Will Hopoate and Michael Oldfield.

Source:

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.a...ain-picked-off-by-parramatta-in-massive-deal/

MrT

Juniors
It isn't whether or not he is rated.... I just think he could potentially be the organiser we lack from what I have seen of him in the lower grades. That is where I see the benefit for us in the hiring of Nolan.

O'Hanlon is a much better acquisition than any of the three depth signings but we already have him at the club. Be interested to see what they do with Rory Brien as well.

Rory has no.14 written all over him. Good utility

Stagger eel

Staff member
IFR33K, Taulima isn't on a full time contract, he's on a second tier deal completely seperate to the 4.1mill that we need to spend, the part time cap still needs to be filled and IO think they've improved the depth by signing guys like Taulima, Matt Ryan and Penese instead of Murray and Paki who have been absolute rubbish, this is an area that they've already improved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts