What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lui is a good player in his own right, i have seem him dominate games while Benji takes a backseat. He looks to a be a confidence player thou.

Delboy

First Grade
Anyone that thinks that Lui isn't light years ahead of Robson is kidding themselves. We applaud his effort, he does some good defence which most people highlight, but makes awful misses that lead to 50 metre breaks and somehow that never gets mentioned.

Good wholehearted Wenty level player, no need to expect anything more from him.

The Colonel

Immortal
El Colon thinks he is worse than Dykes. In 18 months 100 ethiopians could survive by licking egg from his face.

Actually I don't think he is worse than Dykes. Just concerned we have picked up a player wanting the dollars rather than wanting to be at the club. Time will tell but one thing is certain I won't throw eggs but I am bound to cop them. I have big shoulders.....

yy_cheng

Coach
I think Robson is a good one on one defender or cover tackler but he is hopeless on the line or when the opposition is in our red zone. He likes to go around the legs and that's where I feel it fails and thus affects Reddy and his winger

Parraren

Bench
The game on the weekend, Souths were hopeless. Got battered in the middle, and dropped a lot of ball.
Their defence was great and kept them in touch. They could have won the game quite easily.
Even with poor go forward, Sandows kicking was much better than anything our halves can manage, and he also looked to hit the edges to get out of trouble. Everytime I have seen him go around this year he has gone good. I couldn't care less if he misses 10 tackles a week, our halves do that anyway while offering nothing.

Sandow kicked a massive 30/20 in the second half.

He's kicked several 40/20's this year already.

Got a big, big boot on him for such a little bloke. Excellent technique.

Jodeci

Bench
Anyone that thinks that Lui isn't light years ahead of Robson is kidding themselves. We applaud his effort, he does some good defence which most people highlight, but makes awful misses that lead to 50 metre breaks and somehow that never gets mentioned.

Good wholehearted Wenty level player, no need to expect anything more from him.

Completely agree

But Reddy hasn't helped because of his poor defensive reads and letting his man get on the outside of him.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Actually I don't think he is worse than Dykes. Just concerned we have picked up a player wanting the dollars rather than wanting to be at the club. Time will tell but one thing is certain I won't throw eggs but I am bound to cop them. I have big shoulders.....

Can't think of any players who want to come to Parra for less dollars than they can get elsewhere. They all want the cash, and rightly so.

forward pass

Coach
I think we're capable of 2 top 17 signings than a couple more fringies...

we failed dismally last year on identifying fringe first graders, 2 names that come to mind, Murray and Paki Afu who were struggling to make the wenty state cup side, this will no doubt improve with Nolan and SK at the helm.

Peter Nolan will do a great job in this role. He has already said that he has a MASSIVE job in front of him to sort out our recruitment and retention process. Much, much bigger than he ever imagined. He says it will take years.

That is unfortunately a sad indictment on how it was run in the past !!!:x

parra pete

Referee
Peter Nolan will do a great job in this role. He has already said that he has a MASSIVE job in front of him to sort out our recruitment and retention process. Much, much bigger than he ever imagined. He says it will take years.

That is unfortunately a sad indictment on how it was run in the past !!!:x

Smart move..covering his arse...

Delboy

First Grade
No Pete, that is an apt description. The new coaching staff were gobsmacked how poor that area is, and it is one of the major reconstructions that is needed ( as well as those outside the top 17). Poor scouting and no real succession plan for outgoing players in place

It fell apart when Smith left, and this year we are seeing the results of 4/5 years of inaction, as we have no foundation to fall back on. You should be pleased as the Raiders have that area covered, look at their NYC.

born an eel

Bench
looks like we will need the hardest pre-season ever and all will fall into place.

DA shouldn't have asked for a contract extension, he should have just said that it will take years to sort out the mess of the previous "insert appropriate fall guy".

btaag

Juniors
No Pete, that is an apt description. The new coaching staff were gobsmacked how poor that area is, and it is one of the major reconstructions that is needed ( as well as those outside the top 17). Poor scouting and no real succession plan for outgoing players in place

It fell apart when Smith left, and this year we are seeing the results of 4/5 years of inaction, as we have no foundation to fall back on. You should be pleased as the Raiders have that area covered, look at their NYC.

I argree RE: Smith............also, we were in real healthy shape from 1987-1995 in terms of getting our local juniors to the next level (and not just solid first graders).... Michael Buettner was arguably the only elite (vs solid) talent who went to the next level in that era (and he went to Norths). :(

Smith turned us around and had us winning Club Championships again. We are so far away from that at the moment it is depressing. Still, give it a few years and we will be fine - the steady stream of talent has never dried up in the last 30 years, just our ways of harnessing it have been at varying levels of terrible :sarcasm:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Robert Lui is quality. He's going to be an absolute gun. Dominated in NYC as well.

Actually I don't think he is worse than Dykes. Just concerned we have picked up a player wanting the dollars rather than wanting to be at the club.

Why would any player care about a club they've never been to? I bet Hindy didn't give a f**k about Parra before he came here.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
DA shouldn't have asked for a contract extension, he should have just said that it will take years to sort out the mess of the previous "insert appropriate fall guy".

Yeah maybe he should, maybe he shouldn't have. Who f**king cares? Daniel Anderson's got nothing to do with the club.

Are you still keeping tabs on Ron Hilditch and Michael Hagan too? Why don't you tell us what they should've done.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Still, give it a few years and we will be fine - the steady stream of talent has never dried up in the last 30 years, just our ways of harnessing it have been at varying levels of terrible :sarcasm:

I don't think our local junior competition will be the answer either though.

The demographics of Parramatta are changing. The socio-cultural groups who made the Parramatta district so strong in the 90s - bogans and islanders - are moving west and being replaced by groups less likely to display rugby league talent.

If we're going to have strong junior rep teams it'll be because we fill them with kids recruited from Queensland and country NSW.

SDM

First Grade
I don't think our local junior competition will be the answer either though.

The demographics of Parramatta are changing. The socio-cultural groups who made the Parramatta district so strong in the 90s - bogans and islanders - are moving west and being replaced by groups less likely to display rugby league talent.

If we're going to have strong junior rep teams it'll be because we fill them with kids recruited from Queensland and country NSW.

Spend some time in Ermo and get back to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts