What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

caylo

Bench
I have heard it is $1.3 million for four years...

425K a year for Moltzen... that is down right crazy, he is an avg fullback and has never shown any ability to be a leader in the halves. That is too much to pay for a utility player... good work souths

Suitman

Post Whore
425K a year for Moltzen... that is down right crazy, he is an avg fullback and has never shown any ability to be a leader in the halves. That is too much to pay for a utility player... good work souths

How do you know that figure is right? :roll:
I'm guessing it ain't even close. It'd be at least double that.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal

Stagger eel

Staff member

why would I, when we're got the best available...

-Chris-Sandow-6078397.jpg

SDM

First Grade
That is true, he may be very busy in 18 months with a crate of eggs and a whole forum of people to chuck them at.

hybrideel

Bench
Personally i can't see it turning out Dykes like.
Firstly Dykes was seen as the 1 missing component in our premiership search where Sandow is just a better solution to what we have and will help make us competitive. I don't think he's coming with the expectation of winning us a premiership in his first year.
Secondly Dykes was a sharks fan all the way through, a local junior who's father played for and coached their reserve grade side.
Sandow is a Queenslander who only came to Souths in 08. So other than them giving him his first grade shot, he really has no emotional ties with them

Kornstar

Coach

He has never lost a game with the number 7 on his back......

SDM

First Grade
The game on the weekend, Souths were hopeless. Got battered in the middle, and dropped a lot of ball.
Their defence was great and kept them in touch. They could have won the game quite easily.
Even with poor go forward, Sandows kicking was much better than anything our halves can manage, and he also looked to hit the edges to get out of trouble. Everytime I have seen him go around this year he has gone good. I couldn't care less if he misses 10 tackles a week, our halves do that anyway while offering nothing.

Bigfella

Coach
And in 09 when Robson was the best defensive halfback going ... he offered nothing in the GF and we didn;t get in the game. And he missed a few crucial ones anyway.

Bigfella

Coach
The thing about Dykes was though - it was a great signing at the time.

I know it turned out disastrously but he was exactly what we needed when we signed him. I don't think anyone could have foreseen what happened tbh.

caylo

Bench
He has never lost a game with the number 7 on his back......

Having Farah at 9 and Benji at 6 helps a lot. Every time I watched Moltzen play at halfback he played more a pure support player role or as a 5-8. Farah does a lot of the halfback work which is why he is such a good player. Very similar to Cam Smith in that manner and about the only two hookers that can do that.

I actually think someone like Lui would struggle to perform better then Robson if it wasnt for his 6 and 9, any halfback would look good in that team tbh.

TheRam

Coach
Having Farah at 9 and Benji at 6 helps a lot. Every time I watched Moltzen play at halfback he played more a pure support player role or as a 5-8. Farah does a lot of the halfback work which is why he is such a good player. Very similar to Cam Smith in that manner and about the only two hookers that can do that.

I actually think someone like Lui would struggle to perform better then Robson if it wasnt for his 6 and 9, any halfback would look good in that team tbh.

Are you kidding? For most of the season, Farah and Marshall have had their heads up their arse for huge periods of the game and then just decide to click and do something miraculous to try and win games, sometimes working and sometimes not.

The point is he has done fairly well while not having much support from either of them for long stretches in games. I actually think that he has been playing well for someone whose is still only 21 I think and probably less then 30 games in 1st grade. Sure he makes mistakes here and there but that is because he is always trying to do things.

Watch him carefully next time and tell me what you think. I particularly like the way he holds the ball out in front of him with both hands while running with the ball looking for runner's ala Prince. It is just that his team as a whole have been playing poorly for huge chunks of games.

I think the biggest problem he has is his error rate in dropping the ball and sometimes taking the wrong option. But that will get better as time goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts