What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
C'mon Lebanon is in Asia isn't it?

It is but Arabs are genetically closer to Europeans than they are to the people indigenous to southern and eastern Asia. In fact, western Asia is usually called the 'Middle East', just to reinforce the distinction.

'Asian' in the context of this discussion refers to genetics, not geography, otherwise we're all technically Pacific Islanders since we live on an island in the Pacific Ocean.

unclekane

Juniors
Mate, I grew up playing league at school in the late 70's. Around the time of the last refugee influx. They just happened to be Vietnamese then.
We had a kid that was "allocated" to our school in Dundas. Couldn't speak a word of English, but made the First XIII on the wing. Was as fast as that Looney Tunes Road Runner dude. Beep Beep. He ended up being one of our best players and became a school legend. It can happen.

In saying that, I don't know many Vietnamese players in the NRL, so to be perfectly honest, I haven't a clue what my point is. :lol:

Suity

Hey Suity did you go to Yates Avenue Public School?

Ratchy

Juniors
Saw a tweet from Planet Eels saying heard a rumour about a possible massive signing....a credible source?

caylo

Bench
blairs not coming..for the 88th time.

Yer I have heard from the grape vine that Gall is sick of the cold weather down south and wants to head home, Tonga wants to join his brother and Gardner is set to follow suit. Team for 2012:

Gardner, Loko, Tonga, Tonga, Burt, Roberts, Sandow, Mannah, MK, Poore, Hindy, Gallen, Matuia: Mitchell, Fui, Shak, Lasalo

Hayne has been relegated to Wenty to learn how to play the fullback role because he plays too much like a 5-8 and also has attitude issues :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.