What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrT

Juniors
mate, unless your privy to negotiations who's to know what the roosters had offered blackman? and how to you know that we didn't do what we can to keep him.

for the life of me I don't understand how thos kid isn't starting at 9 ahead of Mahoney.

Jake Friend, Anthony Mitchell and now Blackman. they are all young and Friend is already established. We are very very weak in the hooking role right now. I really hope we sign a hooker with 1st grade experience.

I agree. I cannot believe Blackman doesn't start

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake Friend, Anthony Mitchell and now Blackman. they are all young and Friend is already established. We are very very weak in the hooking role right now. I really hope we sign a hooker with 1st grade experience.

I agree. I cannot believe Blackman doesn't start

on the outside, fair call we probably are pretty weak, but then again do we actually know what's going on??..maybe we signed a gun hooker who's about to break into firstgrade?? and decided to let Blackman go..

boxhead

First Grade
on the outside, fair call we probably are pretty weak, but then again do we actually know what's going on??..maybe we signed a gun hooker who's about to break into firstgrade?? and decided to let Blackman go..

Exactly, no one really does know, and so many people are making mostly stupid assumptions about our recruitment simply because they don't know the full story. It's like with the Tony Williams situation, people are b*tching about us not signing him, well hey maybe we are trying to,or he doesn't fit into the plans, none of us really knows.

Forty20

First Grade
I'm with Stagger, Terepo should definitely be the number one priority out of those 3. Seumanufagai goes alright and with good coaching and patience, Blackman may turn out to be a decent hooker but Terepo is a raw diamond.

As with so many juniors there is no guarantee he would make it but a big off-season honing his size and acceleration would put him on the fringe of first grade.

booligal bill

Juniors
Exactly, no one really does know, and so many people are making mostly stupid assumptions about our recruitment simply because they don't know the full story. It's like with the Tony Williams situation, people are b*tching about us not signing him, well hey maybe we are trying to,or he doesn't fit into the plans, none of us really knows.

..........or maybe we have already signed him

Eels Dude

Coach

I don't think people are bitching or making stupid assumptions at all. It's getting to that midpoint of the season where most players want their futures wrapped up. There's not a lot of high quality players left on the open market so the longer it goes without any news the less likely it is that we'll actually get any established NRL quality players for next year.

strider

Post Whore
:shock: ... but but, boxy ... i thought YOU knew :(

foreel

Juniors

I hope you're right and I hope his name is Slade Griffin, Melbourne NYC hooker, he's built like Brad Drew, very strong runner, averages over 100 metres a game and is stuck behind Cameron Smith.
As far as Blackman is concerned, he doesn't run enough and I think he's too small for first grade (what's with the roosters targeting small hookers, very questionable recruiting IMO).
I'd be devastated if we lost Terepo, especially after putting so much time into developing him, has the potential to be a rep quality prop, I'd have him in front of Shackleton in next years pecking order.
Ava Seumanufagi has been a big improver in the last year, with a 10% improvement in fitness he'll be knocking on the door of first grade.

born an eel

Bench
how many young props can step straight out of toyota cup straight into first grade, it takes a couple more season to develop the size and strength. Is it worth tying up too much cash for that long only to loose them when they are ready?

If we keep them fine, if they get offered more, so be it, we can then spend the money as we need it on players now and not tie it up in developing players.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
This prick O meley rejected us several times in his prime, why the hell would we sign him now, say it isnt so.

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
I don't think people are bitching or making stupid assumptions at all. It's getting to that midpoint of the season where most players want their futures wrapped up. There's not a lot of high quality players left on the open market so the longer it goes without any news the less likely it is that we'll actually get any established NRL quality players for next year.

:lol: Mate I've seen a LOT of people complaining about the fact we haven't signed Tony Williams, and that's just one example.

Eels Dude

Coach
how many young props can step straight out of toyota cup straight into first grade, it takes a couple more season to develop the size and strength. Is it worth tying up too much cash for that long only to loose them when they are ready?

If we keep them fine, if they get offered more, so be it, we can then spend the money as we need it on players now and not tie it up in developing players.

At the moment we've god a solid prop rotation for 2012. After that who knows the future of Fui, Shacks, and Poore but young players aren't going to want to wait around for players to retire or move on. If there is an opportunity for a first grade spot elsewhere they're going to want to take it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah, we're better off buying props when we need them, not keeping them around for later.

When has Melbourne ever spent big money on front-rowers? (Besides '06-'09 lol) When the ones they've got start wanting too much money they can't let them go quick enough.

If you're going to have big money tied up in a handful of players you want them to be 80 minute players in the team's spine.

At every other position you just need solid first graders, and we've already got a lot of cap space tied up in props.

his name is Slade Griffin

That's not a real name! That's up there with Cooper Cronk and Fuifui Moimoi.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
:lol: Mate I've seen a LOT of people complaining about the fact we haven't signed Tony Williams, and that's just one example.

I don't know why.

He's sooo average. Manly will get found out big time in the finals, unless the Stewarts play out of their skin. Greg because his desire and ability to shift it and cause trouble on the edges makes up for the lumps of crap that are T. Rex and Rose. And Brett, obviously, because when he is confident (he's still not totally comfortable out there at the moment) he is the payer that can cause maximum havoc.

If Kearney buys back T. Rex I'm starting the "bring back Ando" petition.

H0WZAT

Juniors
First Cross and now Ogre, why are we being linked to props when it's the best covered position in our squad?

It's been repeated a thousand times on here but we need a quality replacement in the centres to partner Loko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts