What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Love to sign Coote, now that is one way I would think Hayne should ply 5/8. If we had Coote, it wouldn't matter as much if we didn't have one first class, rookies would do the job. This spine

1. Coote
6. Hayne
7. Sandow

has a lot of points in it.

by the way who is this Stagger guy?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Love to sign Coote, now that is one way I would think Hayne should ply 5/8. If we had Coote, it wouldn't matter as much if we didn't have one first class, rookies would do the job. This spine

1. Coote
6. Hayne
7. Sandow

has a lot of points in it.

by the way who is this Stagger guy?

To this forum he is the

sound-of-music-photo1.jpg

well have you ever wondered what a staff member of the eels would say about a site like this..well i showed my mate both sites !! and he said "it shows how desperate eel supporters are for success, they want to buy everyone" and fair comment..he laughed at some of the rumours but he did say the reason there stalling on recruitment announcment is there is 2 players that they in talks with who are under contract to other clubs at the moment and dont want to rush things are they dont want to make anymore mistakes in this area.!! fair call i say..and he didnt tell me who they were either just in case you ask..gotta say the ships well and truly tight this year no leaks..!!!...so i say dont panic lets see what happens.

Eels Dude

Coach
well have you ever wondered what a staff member of the eels would say about a site like this..well i showed my mate both sites !! and he said "it shows how desperate eel supporters are for success, they want to buy everyone" and fair comment..he laughed at some of the rumours but he did say the reason there stalling on recruitment announcment is there is 2 players that they in talks with who are under contract to other clubs at the moment and dont want to rush things are they dont want to make anymore mistakes in this area.!! fair call i say..and he didnt tell me who they were either just in case you ask..gotta say the ships well and truly tight this year no leaks..!!!...so i say dont panic lets see what happens.

If what you report is true then we've solved only one of the two problems we had with our recruitment last year.

1) No leaks - Solved
2) Targetting players already under contract - Unsolved

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
well have you ever wondered what a staff member of the eels would say about a site like this..well i showed my mate both sites !! and he said "it shows how desperate eel supporters are for success, they want to buy everyone" and fair comment..

Yeah.

I'm happy with who we've already got for next year and if we don't sign any more players with first grade experience I think we'll have a good 2012.

2) Targetting players already under contract - Unsolved

They might have been given permission to negotiate but their clubs don't want it coming out before any deal is done for risk of pissing of their fans, or creating a media circus.

TheRam

Coach
Anthony Watts could solve our hooker problem for sure. I hope we move fast and give this guy a chance. I wanted him here and so did our club before, but we missed out on him to Easts because we low balled him. I hope we decide to have another go. He is a real talent and knows how to run direct or pass quickly and astutely to spark the attack. A real dangerous player and I feel that he will have a point to prove for whoever signs him. Please SK sign him, he would complete our spine and help make it into a real power house in attacking options.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...of-anthony-watts/story-e6frexnr-1226104471776

Eelementary

Post Whore

Can you blame us? I mean, I'm luckier than most. I have only been hooked on league, and the Eels specifically, since 2000. But some of these poor souls have been craving a title since 1987. That's a long time.

TheRam

Coach
I think the point is if we have Sandow what do we need Walsh for? He's not going to want to come here and play reserve grade.

Yeah I know, but we have always been so thin on halves at this club, that if the opportunity arises to add some real depth when it suits us and at the right price, then I say grab it. I mean what if something goes wrong with Sandow(loss of form or injury) then we are basically at the same place we have been for the last 2 years.

Also have you thought of the distinct possibilty that what if Ben Roberts' form is too erratic and not good enough and our depth in the backs is still thin through injury or lack of quality singings, which way do we go then?

Maybe then we keep Hayne at 1, Burt at 2, Sandow at 6 and Walsh at 7.

That to me sound better and more consistently dangerous than at Roberts-Sandow combo. I chose Walsh at seven because he is a more dominant half then Sandow is at this point, who can drift in and out of games.

I also think that this would make Hayne happier too and give him his desired extra couple of seasons at the back till he is ready and a little more mature to play the 6 roll.

But what we really need more than anything else is a good centre and hooker.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Only thing more laughable is the gullible is the people who run with it.

Why would the Eels want Coote and Walsh when they have Dugan (superstar), Vidot (new Burt), Travis Waddell (new Matt Keating) and maybe Drury Low (new Etu) in their sights..And that is not to mention TLL (replace Fui), or Shaun Fensom (new Hindy)....

Hindy, Fui and Burty don't deserve to be lumped alongside those nuffies tbh.

early this morning my friend let it slip that the eels ARE watching penrith with there player movement as we both live and have both grown up in the penrith area we both know people at that club and 3 players have been told by gus that they are being over paid and there contracts are being restructured and if they dont like it they can look elsewhere and see what they can get..penrith have massive cap problems even though they have let players go..they still cant afford to buy players of any quality...and yes we know 1 of the players but he confused at the moment and doesnt know where he stands but out of respect for our friendship im not gonna say much more !!!...eels are primed for a big game on monday night the players hate the storm with a passion....lol..

Gronk

Staff member
early this morning my friend let it slip that the eels ARE watching penrith with there player movement as we both live and have both grown up in the penrith area we both know people at that club and 3 players have been told by gus that they are being over paid and there contracts are being restructured and if they dont like it they can look elsewhere and see what they can get..penrith have massive cap problems even though they have let players go..they still cant afford to buy players of any quality...and yes we know 1 of the players but he confused at the moment and doesnt know where he stands but out of respect for our friendship im not gonna say much more !!!...eels are primed for a big game on monday night the players hate the storm with a passion....lol..

So those players who have current big contracts Gus is going to simply restructure them ? Wow he is a powerful man. More powerful than contract law anyway. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.