What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanPay98

Juniors
Pretty sure the Poms do too and I am sure they do a lot right now.

I am neither Pom nor Indian and I care about cricket all the time.

I expect that the Poms and the Indians care about cricket right now given that they're playing a test match!! Dhoni recalled Ian Bell after he was controversially run out.

Wonder if Mortimer plays cricket ...... we could hide him at gully

SDM

First Grade
I expect that the Poms and the Indians care about cricket right now given that they're playing a test match!! Dhoni recalled Ian Bell after he was controversially run out.

Wonder if Mortimer plays cricket ...... we could hide him at gully

You need skills to field at gully.

Morts >>>> Fine Leg

Hallatia

Referee
Well Australia have begun their tour of Sri Lanka (sort of) first international fixture this Saturday. Time for Australians to start caring too.

That Bell incident was pretty bizarre, I think appealing the wicket wasn't in the spirit of the game but he was legitimately out and if it wasn't for the tea break he would not have been recalled. Dhoni and co would have copped some flak for it, but the guy was out, the fact that he believed it was tea doesn't change that

SDM

First Grade
Bit like when those filthy kiwis ran out that knob Singh when he walked down the pitch to shake hands with a team mate.

Eels Dude

Coach
With 12 games to go, that's probably what we needed to do to make the 8:(

We will be better next year. Where ever we finish on the ladder this year, we will finish higher next year. That's my prediction.

That's not too hard to do when you finish last or second last and second last is where we sit now.

Noise

Coach
Bit like when those filthy kiwis ran out that knob Singh when he walked down the pitch to shake hands with a team mate.

Or when those filthy kiwis threw the bat in the air , possibly injuring one of the aussies, after the useless merkins couldn't hit a 6 off our underarm delivery

DeanPay98

Juniors
Well Australia have begun their tour of Sri Lanka (sort of) first international fixture this Saturday. Time for Australians to start caring too.

That Bell incident was pretty bizarre, I think appealing the wicket wasn't in the spirit of the game but he was legitimately out and if it wasn't for the tea break he would not have been recalled. Dhoni and co would have copped some flak for it, but the guy was out, the fact that he believed it was tea doesn't change that

It was definitely weird. I like how Dhoni appaently put it to a team vote!!

I think a similar thing happened with Dean Jones back in 1991 in the West indies and even further back Greg Dyer did something like that to a batsman in a 1986 state one dayer.

SDM

First Grade
I am rather looking forward to the All Blacks doing their best Paul Carige impersonation later in the year. On home soil too, priceless.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Was reading through Rothfields live blog today, had a sharks supporter ask him and I quote "Please tell me we are in a chance for W.Tonga, we need a quality centre and I dont care how much he will cost"

To which Rothfield replies: "Tonga is a DONE deal at parra"
Thankd buddy finally an actual rumour!

DeanPay98

Juniors
If we do get Willie Tonga it will be a huge relief. Aside from Hayne our backs (excluding the halves) for next year are either very young (Esi Tonga, Loko, Morgan) or near the end (Burt). I think Atkins is around next year but he is solid but not spectacular.

Hallatia

Referee
It was definitely weird. I like how Dhoni appaently put it to a team vote!!
He put it to a vote after Strauss and Flower paid him a visit and asked him to. In my opinion, that wasn't in the spirit of the game. The appeal wasn't in the spirit of the game either (and was probably worse), but retracting it doesn't take that away, it took away a legitimate delivery and replaced some of the criticism they would have gotten for doing a shit thing with praise for retracting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts