What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
I saw somewhere on twitter last night that the latest RLW says that Etu has not been offered a contract for next year. Anyone heard anything ? He may not be a Jharal Yow Yeh, but he is no doubt a solid player.

Kornstar

Coach
Twitter also suggested today that Talanoa and Pettybourne have been told to look elsewhere.

Both are decent if you ask me.

CrazyEel

Bench
Talanoa is a goose from wht I have seen. Makes some very dumb plays.
Very true. He lost so many games for Souffs I used to follow him every week just to see what he would do next. I was disapointed when Langie punted him earlier in the year. :lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
I saw somewhere on twitter last night that the latest RLW says that Etu has not been offered a contract for next year. Anyone heard anything ? He may not be a Jharal Yow Yeh, but he is no doubt a solid player.

I wouldn't call him solid. I'd say reliable back up. But he's not a youngster therefore unlikely to improve so probably not worth keeping. He's probably lucky he's been giving as many opportunities as he's been given.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I wouldn't call him solid. I'd say reliable back up. But he's not a youngster therefore unlikely to improve so probably not worth keeping. He's probably lucky he's been giving as many opportunities as he's been given.

We have a few decent wingers in the lower grades who may end up being better than just decent. Uaisele is just decent.

He's a decent man.

Eels Dude

Coach
We have a few decent wingers in the lower grades who may end up being better than just decent. Uaisele is just decent.

He's a decent man.

That's what I mean. Most wingers his age and with his experience are on second tier deals playing park footy. He's fortunate enough he's had a top 25 contract for the past few seasons. Etu is a handy winger and served our club well, but there comes a time when a club has to make that decision where if the player isn't good enough now then he's never going to be. We're better of giving youngters a chance instead.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Except when I hear the name Eddy Pettybourne I picture a guy who looks like this:

spiv.jpg

CrazyEel

Bench
That's what I mean. Most wingers his age and with his experience are on second tier deals playing park footy. He's fortunate enough he's had a top 25 contract for the past few seasons. Etu is a handy winger and served our club well, but there comes a time when a club has to make that decision where if the player isn't good enough now then he's never going to be. We're better of giving youngters a chance instead.
Yep, that sums up my thoughts on him as well. It's time to prune ALL the wilting leaves.

oldmancraigy

Coach

Whether or not he's fat is irrelevant!

What we really want are guys who can play footy, fat or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.