What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazal

Post Whore
I like the number of sooks around lately. Sure, I think the place is going to the dogs, but a good sook is always way better for a laugh, and a laugh is what I need with the way the team is going.

"Where are the mods mummy..." :lol:

bartman

Immortal
Just an idea... has anyone seen those "troll free threads" set up in the main NRL forum here?

Perhaps the mods in the Parra section could mark a few of the routine/sticky serious threads here in the same way, like this one for example? And then enforce it for a little while so people get a sense of which threads they can do off-topic banter in, and which regular/ongoing threads should stay respectful, on-topic and more readable.

Worth a shot to at least make some parts of the Eels forum a bit less whingy, and a bit less full of back and forth personal disputes?

Haynzy

First Grade
Seriously so what if they go off topic, it's not like on field performance is providing much food for serious discussion.

Some people just need to lighten the f**k up because this year is bad enough as it is without adding to it. I can't see the problem in a little light heartedness now and then unless you just want to rehash the same garbage ad nauseam until you feel like slitting your wrists.

What's the big deal about a thread having a little humour FFS, there are no rumours to discuss and better the lightheartedness than wallowing in misery and self pity.

Here, here.

Threads have been hijacked in this place for as long as I can remember.
Some people are just cranky cos we're not going so well.

I think some people need to change their thread settings too. Rather than 3 pages of crap you can have it all on one.

dazeely

First Grade
Wasnt the Parallel dimension section set up for more of the humor etc. It's nice to quickly visit certain threads for nrl updates only to find pages of hijacked irrelevant shit. Time and a place for some of this stuff.

Gronk

Staff member
Wasnt the Parallel dimension section set up for more of the humor etc. It's nice to quickly visit certain threads for nrl updates only to find pages of hijacked irrelevant shit. Time and a place for some of this stuff.

Yep. I belong to a running forum and it was plagued with random shit like this in every thread. Do the mods created "A thread for hijackers". crap like this Star Wars rubbish was simply moved there, rather than deleted. That left serious talk in all the other threads and all the crap in one thread. The hijackers thread actually flourished and became a place where people got things off their chest or simply posted whatever random shit was on their minds.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm happy to have a troll free thread for the rumoured signings and perhaps a chat thread if that is the general consensus.

Not sure how many of you guys visit the FFB but there is a chat thread called Superthread that is purely for random chat similar to what is being posted here, it cant be hijacked as there is no theme.

The Rumoured/Confirmed signings can then be troll free.

Ask and you shall receive.

Don't complain about the problem, be part of the solution.

SDM

First Grade
If it becomes troll free, will boxhead start posting hourly team lists again?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If it becomes troll free, you may only see one or two posts a week, hence the reason its being used for general chat

I can make it troll free by locking it so only the mods can post rumoured signing updates, we have a few options.

I just need to know what you guys want.

the_eel

Juniors

I'm with Daz. All good and well to have random stuff but we need to have some threads that are footy only.

SDM

First Grade
I think we should keep this thread on topic, I am sick of coming on here to check for rumours only to find boxy is MIA and morons are using this thread to whinge about how they can't remember the good old days.

Binga

Juniors
very strange, but in RLW there is an article about player signings for next year and it ranks the clubs in order of who has made the best signings to their roster. Parra are ranked number 3, but under players gained it includes Willie Tonga*.

jk13

First Grade
surely we're getting close to the news article "tonga wants his future sorted to focus on finals"

spammed me too

Status
Not open for further replies.