What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parra Pride

Referee
"Adapt to the times"? As in, liking the fact that this thread - designed for rumours and/or confirmed signings - has been turned into a pics thread and a thread for banter about absolute garbage like Star Wars?

I agree, the prequel trilogy was garbage, but its a bit harsh to group the original trilogy together with them. :sarcasm:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
"Adapt to the times"? As in, liking the fact that this thread - designed for rumours and/or confirmed signings - has been turned into a pics thread and a thread for banter about absolute garbage like Star Wars?

It's not hard to see why people are blowing up every second day. Every single thread veers completely off topic, and people seem to encourage it. It's frustrating. But are we supposed to "adapt to the times" and sit here silently and let it slip by? Seems rather...Ironic...That you use the term "hypocritical", and yet...

I agree this thread is f**ked most of the time, but I believe Eels Dude was more referring to Avenger's whiny 'This Forum Was Cool When I Had More Friends Here But Now It Sux' thread.

We have plenty of good discussion here (rarely in this thread but often in others) but Avenger can't handle it because he's not the centre of attention any more.

CrazyEel

Bench

It's not hard to see why people are blowing up every second day. Every single thread veers completely off topic, and people seem to encourage it. It's frustrating. But are we supposed to "adapt to the times" and sit here silently and let it slip by? Seems rather...Ironic...That you use the term "hypocritical", and yet...
Seriously so what if they go off topic, it's not like on field performance is providing much food for serious discussion.

Some people just need to lighten the f**k up because this year is bad enough as it is without adding to it. I can't see the problem in a little light heartedness now and then unless you just want to rehash the same garbage ad nauseam until you feel like slitting your wrists.

What's the big deal about a thread having a little humour FFS, there are no rumours to discuss and better the lightheartedness than wallowing in misery and self pity.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I agree, the prequel trilogy was garbage, but its a bit harsh to group the original trilogy together with them. :sarcasm:

the-gay-side-of-the-force-hello-kitty-darth-vader-star-wars-demotivational-poster-1248712521.jpg

Eels Dude

Coach

When I say "adapt to the times" I'm referring to how forum users come and go. And if certain friends have stopped using this forum and people you've no connection to join up and start posting is no reason to say this forum has gone downhill. It's just whingeing that former posters you previously got on with have left

PouPou made a point the other day about a clique, fair enough enough too. It sounded silly to me at at first but in hindsights it makes perfect sense. It does seem everyone who joins this forums gets degraded just by being new. And I say that being one of the first people to join this forum way back in 2003.

Wow this forum is really going to shit. At least they talk footy on the other site. Keep posting your stupid pics and everyone will Piss off. Where are the f**king mods???

CrazyEel

Bench
PouPou made a point the other day about a clique, fair enough enough too. It sounded silly to me at at first but in hindsights it makes perfect sense. .
Yeah that was a real tearjerker, had me crying until I realised he was full of crap, he actually deserved everything I gave him at the time. :D

Anyways, we've moved on now and I like him cause he reminds me of me when I was young and stupid.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I can't stand Star Wars, so my opinions on the matter....

I agree this thread is f**ked most of the time, but I believe Eels Dude was more referring to Avenger's whiny 'This Forum Was Cool When I Had More Friends Here But Now It Sux' thread.

We have plenty of good discussion here (rarely in this thread but often in others) but Avenger can't handle it because he's not the centre of attention any more.

Well, fair enough, then.

Seriously so what if they go off topic, it's not like on field performance is providing much food for serious discussion.

Some people just need to lighten the f**k up because this year is bad enough as it is without adding to it. I can't see the problem in a little light heartedness now and then unless you just want to rehash the same garbage ad nauseam until you feel like slitting your wrists.

What's the big deal about a thread having a little humour FFS, there are no rumours to discuss and better the lightheartedness than wallowing in misery and self pity.

Every thread will go off topic once in a while - it's natural. And you're right - our on-field results aren't exactly anything to stimulate debate over.

But mate - I have logged into the Rumours thread and seen, at times, 3 pages worth of rambling nonsense about Star Wars and silly pictures. Now, OK - I will admit that rumours and/or confirmed signings don't happen all the time, so that particular thread should be expected to move slowly and you enter at your own peril. But it gets a little tiresome when threads get hijacked so off topic that you have pages upon pages upon pages of off-topic banter. I don't mind it enough to say anything generally, but I mistook Eels Dude's post and thought I would say my piece as I understand it.

But see, you say some people need to, "Lighten the f**k up." I don't disagree. But on the flipside, can you understand how every topic eventually crumbling into off-topic banter can be a little bit annoying for some people? Can you see that point? That's all I am trying to say. I am not blaming anyone in particular - just expressing myself because I thought someone (who I think shares a similar view to me) was being criticised. So I said my piece proactively defending myself, if that makes sense. Turns out I was wrong, anyway!

When I say "adapt to the times" I'm referring to how forum users come and go. And if certain friends have stopped using this forum and people you've no connection to join up and start posting is no reason to say this forum has gone downhill. It's just whingeing that former posters you previously got on with have left

PouPou made a point the other day about a clique, fair enough enough too. It sounded silly to me at at first but in hindsights it makes perfect sense. It does seem everyone who joins this forums gets degraded just by being new. And I say that being one of the first people to join this forum way back in 2003.

That's true and a fair point. I misunderstood your point.

Eels Dude

Coach

That is exactly what I meant Poupou, well along those lines anyway. If Avenger, Stagger, or whoever choose to not use this site anymore because they don't like other posters etc.. well it's sad they cannot complain. If you want to start a discussion between friends where everyone agrees and thinks the same way there's facebook groups or group MSN discussions.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

All this time we've been looking across Earth to find that special motivational sports psychologist, he was already amongst us.
As each day went past, we just did not notice until now.
Mate, you are the best pep talker - there is no doubt about it.
Are you reading this SK & PO?
Please sign this bloke up.
Players will do anything for this bloke just to be in his presence once a week.

CrazyEel

Bench
But mate - I have logged into the Rumours thread and seen, at times, 3 pages worth of rambling nonsense about Star Wars and silly pictures. Now, OK - I will admit that rumours and/or confirmed signings don't happen all the time, so that particular thread should be expected to move slowly and you enter at your own peril. But it gets a little tiresome when threads get hijacked so off topic that you have pages upon pages upon pages of off-topic banter. I don't mind it enough to say anything generally, but I mistook Eels Dude's post and thought I would say my piece as I understand it.

But see, you say some people need to, "Lighten the f**k up." I don't disagree. But on the flipside, can you understand how every topic eventually crumbling into off-topic banter can be a little bit annoying for some people? Can you see that point? That's all I am trying to say. I am not blaming anyone in particular - just expressing myself because I thought someone (who I think shares a similar view to me) was being criticised. So I said my piece proactively defending myself, if that makes sense. Turns out I was wrong, anyway!.
I completely understand your point of view and even share it myself as I'm just not a Star Wars or pic posting sort of guy. I've often thought WTF when coming into this thread and just moved elsewhere without reading it. However I can't see the harm in it and if they get a laugh out of that sort of stuff then good for them, I don't find it funny myself so I just don't read it.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I completely understand your point of view and even share it myself as I'm just not a Star Wars or pic posting sort of guy. I've often thought WTF when coming into this thread and just moved elsewhere without reading it. However I can't see the harm in it and if they get a laugh out of that sort of stuff then good for them, I don't find it funny myself so I just don't read it.

The much older generation grew up around bombs and bullets, the not so older generation grew up around marijuana and lsd and the recent generations grew up around Justin Timberlake, Brittney Shears and Justin Beiber, so it is comprehensible why one generations humour is yuk and boring to another.

However, some of us can embrace most types of humour some of the time.

CrazyEel

Bench
The much older generation grew up around bombs and bullets, the not so older generation grew up around marijuana and lsd and the recent generations grew up around Justin Timberlake, Brittney Shears and Justin Beiber, so it is comprehensible why one generations humour is yuk and boring to another.

However, some of us can embrace most types of humour some of the time.
Yes very true Casper, although I do like to think even when I don't see the humour myself I at least respect others right to lighten their spirits wherever they can find it.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Yes very true Casper, although I do like to think even when I don't see the humour myself I at least respect others right to lighten their spirits wherever they can find it.

Is why I respect you immensely.
Look forward to meeting you one day.
I'll shout you celery sticks, mushrooms and carrots dipped into one of the raw-spice sauces I make with a whole range of flavours exploding in your mouth, one after the other, that's if you don't mind spicy food, hot or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.