What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDM

First Grade
Boxhead posts an unsubstantiated rumour which fails to come to fruition? Well I never. :x

boxhead

First Grade
It was probably just riling someone up, but hey, better safe than sorry.

Originally posted by SDM
Boxhead posts an unsubstantiated rumour which fails to come to fruition? Well I never. :x

No, no......that could never happen.

boxhead

First Grade
There is however an article in the DT today saying that Schubert won't approve the Tonga deal unless we sell a few players.
Again, I call bullsh*t on the subject matter because, as indicated, I doubt Tonga would have turned down the Sharks (as now seems the case) and gotten a release from his contract.
Two other things to consider as well are that; where did the Hopoate money go? And couldn't we just front-load the contract?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e-space-age-race/story-e6freye0-1226108704417

Schubert is refusing to sign off on Parramatta's deal with Willie Tonga until the Eels release players, with Daniel Mortimer and Carl Webb being shopped around.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Feels like the off season already. Four more games then nothing until February. No signings. <sigh>

256.png

boxhead

First Grade
We don't know that yet, Gronk. Personally, I'm going to wait until March 2012 before I call it quits on our recruitment.

SDM

First Grade
Its ok, Swagger said we will get Tonga, and that he is just a distraction so we can sign the next immortal.

84 Baby

Referee
There is however an article in the DT today saying that Schubert won't approve the Tonga deal unless we sell a few players.
Again, I call bullsh*t on the subject matter because, as indicated, I doubt Tonga would have turned down the Sharks (as now seems the case) and gotten a release from his contract.
Two other things to consider as well are that; where did the Hopoate money go? And couldn't we just front-load the contract?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e-space-age-race/story-e6freye0-1226108704417
It's good to see Schubert is doing his job... It's only taken him 5 years to learn how to

born an eel

Bench
No silly. Cadel Evans. :-$
with the way SK uses the bench it's not a bad idea, the fresh reserve could just sit on the bike on the side line for the whole game. Imagine the increase in crowd to see Cadel on the bike for 80 mins.

Gronk

Staff member
with the way SK uses the bench it's not a bad idea, the fresh reserve could just sit on the bike on the side line for the whole game. Imagine the increase in crowd to see Cadel on the bike for 80 mins.

We can go one better and install a bike track at Parra Stadium like the one at old Lidcombe Oval. Then Cadel and the rest of the Pirtek Racing Team could do laps during the game.

Attachments

• lidcombe oval.jpg
    lidcombe oval.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 6

born an eel

Bench
We can go one better and install a bike track at Parra Stadium like the one at old Lidcombe Oval. Then Cadel and the rest of the Pirtek Racing Team could do laps during the game.
can't wait to read Boxy's Pirtek Racing Dream team list.

I hear Cavendish might be available to add that missing speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.