What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

84 Baby

Referee
I suggest we ease up on the rumours.

Your doing exactly what some of you have accused Ozzie of doing.

Ironic isn't it ?
And people were complaining about this thread being about Star Wars. As Twiz said, it is for the greater good we bury these rumours. I'll get it back on track
images

CrazyEel

Bench
Certain players signed over 2 years ago, and strangely not the ones you mentioned are apparently on very generous terms that are not in the clubs favour ( and not negotiaited by anyone around now).
Was gald to see the end of Smith but jeez we have made some monumental f**kups since his departure.

Gronk

Staff member
Read into this waffle how you wish.

South Sydney Rabbitohs thrashed Parramatta Eels by a horrific 56-6.

"Parramatta go through coaches like Paris Hilton goes through pina coladas, but still no one is accountable," Geyer exclaimed.

After another shocking game for the Parramatta Eels, Triple M's Twitter followers and Facebook friends were up in arms over the fact that Eels coach Stephen Kearney is not under the pump the same way 2010's sacked coach Daniel Anderson was for, as Monday Night Football's Dan Ginnane says, "far less ineptitude than was served up last night."

Triple M's Matty Johns defended Kearney's performance, declaring the Eels will be in better shape by next season.

"I think he's inherited this playing group. I know for a fact, next year they're going to do a lot of tinkering with the squad," Matty said.

"Next year, you'll have a look at him, and how many wins, how many losses, and you'll get a real reflection of the job Kearney's done," he added.

Dan agrees that Kearney isn't going anywhere. "Kearney is safe for a long time, because Paul Osborne and the Board don't want to be seen as making a mistake," he explained.

"They're the ones that punted Anderson, and they were the ones that slotted Kearney in. They'll give him every possible chance to make it right."

"[Parramatta] are offloading players like no other club," Geyer replied. "For offloading Petero, Gus Gould gets lambasted for doing so. At the moment, Parramatta are no better."

"They're pretty ordinary players they've gotten ridden of. No disrespect, but they're all past it," Ginnane concluded, the sad fate of the Eels seemingly sealed for the 2011 season.
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...-goes-through-pina-coladas/20110809-e67x.html

Kornstar

Coach
Spart, dont comment on hearsay, I try not to say too much given who I know, but don't discount what Stagger said. Certain players signed over 2 years ago, and strangely not the ones you mentioned are apparently on very generous terms that are not in the clubs favour ( and not negotiaited by anyone around now).

You can come on as usual and get stuck in to the current admin, but I guess that one day we may really know what went on, no leaks currently

Lol spartan accusing others of agendas! I would take delboys word on anyone here based on what I know and there's no point shooting the messenger brother!

So between October/November 2008 and the Elections in December 2008 and April 2009 DA managed to screw the club, he signed about 3 players in that time, 1 of which is our current hooker and also re-signed by the current coach!

As you are putting it, no blame can be on the current administration?

I have never been anywhere that previous management are praised, the new guys can and will always blame the previous management, it makes them look better when they c*ck up too.......just a thought!

To me, the new guys (who I voted in and do not regret it) wanted DA gone from day one, even as far back as the footy club elections in December 08. They made a decision last year that they probably realize is unpopular and considering how shit we have been this year, they have needed to be in damage control, queue the blaming of the last coach and previous board.......

Before you go off, I don't care that DA is gone, it probably was the right decision, and thank f**k DF and his cronies are gone but to say that the new inexperienced board haven't made some monumental mistakes is ridiculous!

Continuous leaks last year and recruiting a rookie coach are 2 of them!

I am happy that they are trying to change things but I don't want to hear how wonderful they are and how everything that is wrong is the previous coach and administrations fault, like our team, the current administration need to man up and be accountable!!!!

Delboy

First Grade
I don't believe everything is wonderful, was trying to bring some realism into the situation when the incoming coach had little input into the roster.

We should be prepared to make judgements from next year on, the things I do know, is that they are peddling fast to get some depth back into the club, they have made calls on suitablility for NRL on some of our second tier players, not that I am aware of who they are chasing to fill those gaps.

We stagnated a fair bit in recruitment and retention, and that had to change and unfortunately the changes were hard to take as we all knew that DA was a Parra man. The way we were playing up until last night gives me hope for next year that we will finish much higher on the table, I did not have that confidence previously.

CrazyEel

Bench
Our club hasn't been run properly or professionally since way back in the early 80's, that was before Fitz rested absolute control from the board. Since then it has been one f**k up after another with politics and power being of more importance to club officials than on field performance.

Bigfella

Coach
Geyer wants to bag the performance, then bag us for letting players go?

Are any of the blokes we let go current SOO or Australian reps comparable to Petero?

He's the same bloke that wanted Trent Hodgkinson picked as halfback for origin 1.

Next please.

spartan2153

Juniors
So between October/November 2008 and the Elections in December 2008 and April 2009 DA managed to screw the club, he signed about 3 players in that time, 1 of which is our current hooker and also re-signed by the current coach!

As you are putting it, no blame can be on the current administration?

I have never been anywhere that previous management are praised, the new guys can and will always blame the previous management, it makes them look better when they c*ck up too.......just a thought!

To me, the new guys (who I voted in and do not regret it) wanted DA gone from day one, even as far back as the footy club elections in December 08. They made a decision last year that they probably realize is unpopular and considering how shit we have been this year, they have needed to be in damage control, queue the blaming of the last coach and previous board.......

Before you go off, I don't care that DA is gone, it probably was the right decision, and thank f**k DF and his cronies are gone but to say that the new inexperienced board haven't made some monumental mistakes is ridiculous!

Continuous leaks last year and recruiting a rookie coach are 2 of them!

I am happy that they are trying to change things but I don't want to hear how wonderful they are and how everything that is wrong is the previous coach and administrations fault, like our team, the current administration need to man up and be accountable!!!!

That's right in 12 months day had control he screwed us by signing long term to players.

At least u see the truth kornstar

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Anderson was stabbed in the back by the board, they wanted everything to do with Fitzy gone from the club including the coach he signed. He has one bad year and he got the flick, Kearney has had a bad year and they want to re-sign him for a further 3 years.

At least Anderson spoke the truth and fired up at the players when they got smashed or were down at half time, he didn't care if it was Jarryd Hayne or a kid on debut, if they were not playing to their potential he would let them know. Our super coach now just continues to talk crap after every match, and its getting really annoying "again, you know the lads......"

FAT570

Juniors
It's funny that all of a sudden these newbies have all this inside goss.

Do I need 2000 posts to have credibility?
Don't realy give a damn what you think, I had stated what it was but had it deleted which is fair enough as it was against forum guidelines.....
Ul be suprised mate, hopefully the alleged RUMOUR is just that, but if it does come to fruitation then you can be my new biatch!!

Joely01

Bench
Spart, dont comment on hearsay, I try not to say too much given who I know, but don't discount what Stagger said. Certain players signed over 2 years ago, and strangely not the ones you mentioned are apparently on very generous terms that are not in the clubs favour ( and not negotiaited by anyone around now).

You can come on as usual and get stuck in to the current admin, but I guess that one day we may really know what went on, no leaks currently

If it wasnt the two mentioned who else could it be?

Ben Smith?
Fui?
Burt?

whall15

Coach
Anderson was stabbed in the back by the board, they wanted everything to do with Fitzy gone from the club including the coach he signed. He has one bad year and he got the flick, Kearney has had a bad year and they want to re-sign him for a further 3 years.

At least Anderson spoke the truth and fired up at the players when they got smashed or were down at half time, he didn't care if it was Jarryd Hayne or a kid on debut, if they were not playing to their potential he would let them know. Our super coach now just continues to talk crap after every match, and its getting really annoying "again, you know the lads......"

As long as they are being blasted behind the scenes I see no point in criticising the players in public.

Stagger eel

Staff member
That's right in 12 months day had control he screwed us by signing long term to players.

At least u see the truth kornstar

the truth is we're being punished for previous f**k ups from people that were there before..I'll stick to the truth and I know the truth, you can please yourself.

Kornstar

Coach
I don't believe everything is wonderful, was trying to bring some realism into the situation when the incoming coach had little input into the roster.

We should be prepared to make judgements from next year on, the things I do know, is that they are peddling fast to get some depth back into the club, they have made calls on suitablility for NRL on some of our second tier players, not that I am aware of who they are chasing to fill those gaps.

We stagnated a fair bit in recruitment and retention, and that had to change and unfortunately the changes were hard to take as we all knew that DA was a Parra man. The way we were playing up until last night gives me hope for next year that we will finish much higher on the table, I did not have that confidence previously.

As I said, I am happy with what is happening in theory, everything seems like it is being worked on.

I also realize that DA made errors, probably by his doing and the pressure knowing he was a dead man walking!

I'm not even judging SK, yes I have questioned the board for hiring a rookie but he needs time before I will be criticizing him!

My real point is that we see all these comments from people who speak to people at the club and those people keep telling them that it was somebody else's fault, which I find hard to believe that they have been perfect! Of course, that is no reflection on those passing information back either......

I am never confident on anything parra related anymore, doesn't mean that I don't support them 100% though!

Eels Dude

Coach
My real point is that we see all these comments from people who speak to people at the club and those people keep telling them that it was somebody else's fault, which I find hard to believe that they have been perfect! Of course, that is no reflection on those passing information back either......

What do you expect from people currently at the club? Of course they're going to blame previous staff for their stuff ups if there are any. It'd be the same in any club or business. They're hardly going to pass on inside information blaming themselves for the stuff ups.

Kornstar

Coach
the truth is we're being punished for previous f**k ups from people that were there before..I'll stick to the truth and I know the truth, you can please yourself.

So the new admin have been perfect because they say so?

That is pretty much my only gripe, they seem to go out of their way to tell everybody (several randoms have also satiated the same thing when speaking with any of them) that they have done nothing wrong!

Just wish they'd put their hand up every now and then is all....

Delboy

First Grade
Kornstar, I agree , what we would all like is some real info about direction and signings, problem is that we criticise every so called leak.

In a way, the fun times were under Brain Smith, he had a way of getting things out and the fans were able to talk about it, maybe social networking has taken the fun out of it all. This forum has got pretty negative to be honest, but that is the current media I guess, glad I am a baby boomer and enjoyed life when it was much more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts