What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Well they shouldn't have been given that responsibility in the first place, coaches and recruiters are there to coach and recruit. They're not experts in finances and salary cap structures so the buck has to stop with who gave them that power in the first place. You shouldn't be allocating such tasks to people who have no experience in handling such affairs.

ok mate, is that based on what the 15 clubs do?? should Don Feltis not give Phil Gould the responsability to structure payments??

Eels Dude

Coach
ok mate, is that based on what the 15 clubs do?? should Don Feltis not give Phil Gould the responsability to structure payments??

Phil Gould is in an administration role as general manager of football operations and is basically their new CEO as Mick Leary's retiring. He's not being employed as a coach. He's been handed the role of controlling the finances with the position he's been given. Whether he should have been handed this role is something Penrith fans have to worry about, I've got a few mates that are Penrith supporters who are questioning some of his decisions already.

Kornstar

Coach

At the great Melbourne Storm, the coach obviously did not handle the finances, he told them the players he wanted and the correct people dealt with the money!

Isn't that why he wasn't blamed for anything??????

Why should a coach have full autonomy of the finances, that is not their forte, the people in charge of money don't generally coach, so it works both ways.

Parra Pride

Referee
187175-willie-tonga.jpg

WILLIE Tonga could announce his signing for Parramatta within days after his other NRL suitors, the Sharks, conceded they had all but given up hope of snaring the Cowboys centre.

Tonga said yesterday he would finalise his future this week, possibly before North Queensland's clash against the Broncos on Friday night at Dairy Farmers Stadium.

Originally tipped to follow his brother Esi to the Eels next season, Tonga was forced to weigh up his options when the Sharks expressed interest in the Queensland Origin flyer.

But Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan said he expected Tonga, who turned 28 yesterday, to be wearing a blue and gold jumper next season.

"I think it's a done deal with Parra," he said. "That's what I'm hearing. I haven't heard that come from Willie's mouth, but he's got some mates at the Eels like Reni Maitua and his brother's going to Parra, so I believe the deal is done there.

"We expressed some interest in Willie, but we didn't get to talking figures, that's why I think he's done at Parra."

Tonga, who was granted a release for 2012 by the Cowboys a fortnight ago, said he was close to revealing his new club.

But the premiership-winning centre gave the strongest indication yet he would end up at the Eels, saying it was a long-held goal to play alongside his brother.

"I'm expecting to announce something this week," he said. "I'm leaving it to my manager and hopefully it will be sorted this week. There's a couple of clubs interested, so I'll see what the best fit is for me.

"If I was to go to the Eels it would be a dream to play alongside my brother in the NRL. That's a big thing if I was to go to Parra, but we'll see what happens in the next week or so."

Tonga, meanwhile, delivered a withering appraisal of the Cowboys as they prepare for Friday night's Queensland blockbuster with the Broncos.

The former Test centre said the squad needed to get their premiership campaign back on track immediately in Townsville after last week's 14-6 loss to the Bulldogs. Missing stars Johnathan Thurston and Matt Scott, the Cowboys looked flat from the opening seconds and rarely threatened in attack.

"We need to address things quickly," Tonga said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...a-sharks-concede/story-e6frexnr-1226111187838

Stagger eel

Staff member
in all seriousness, the club needs a bit of positive news leading up to the Manly game, if they don't at the very least announce the Tonga signing then they're kidding them selves.

attamarrap

Juniors
willie is back!! stagger have you heard anything regarding tony williams likley to stay at manly or heading home?

Stagger eel

Staff member
No idea About T-Rex, however I heard whispers that we're interested but that really doesn't mean much at all.

Gronk

Staff member
Well Storm pulled our pants down on the edges with their speed of their wingers and centres. Last night Souths followed suit. We need TongaX2 plus get rid of the speed hump wingers.

tell you how bad things have gotten in a short few weeks with this once proud club a certain player manager has told the the club the player they have been in talks with feels that the club is now not the best fit for his client and the client feels his representative chances will be hindered playing for this club...he wished all the best for the club..this was told to me buy a person you works at the club and is just as frustrated with things as we are as supporters...we have now become the laughing stock of the NRL....i would like to thank the board and the staff for the lowest morale i have ever felt as a parra supporter..!!!

Gronk

Staff member
tell you how bad things have gotten in a short few weeks with this once proud club a certain player manager has told the the club the player they have been in talks with feels that the club is now not the best fit for his client and the client feels his representative chances will be hindered playing for this club...he wished all the best for the club..this was told to me buy a person you works at the club and is just as frustrated with things as we are as supporters...we have now become the laughing stock of the NRL....i would like to thank the board and the staff for the lowest morale i have ever felt as a parra supporter..!!!

As much as we got embarrassed last night, that match is not a true indication of our season nor our potential with all players on deck + Roberts, TongaX2 and Sandow in 2012. Fui, Mannah, Poore, Maitua, Hayne plus the potential of Loko ?

We are better off without that rep player wannabe wanker anyway.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think our back line with hayne back to fullback. The Tonga brother s and loko is good enough.guys like sio toutai Morgan atkins will be fine back ups.
our next problem is hooker which I have no idea what's doing there.the other is second row.reni gives us punch at lockt hindy and smith I don't like together.its to workman like.id consider moimoi there if we don't sign anyone.we need some punch out wide.poh is still a year away from giving us this.horo an lassalo are bench players at best.pualo is an interesting player.watched lot of him at penrith and rate him better than these two

hindy111

Post Whore

Status
Not open for further replies.