What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eels Dude

Coach
You seemed to ignore what he said about the Titans. Also, look at the Sharks. When both clubs made their big signings, they were playing like absolute horse-crap; the latter had been doing it for over two years! Frankly, whoever created these rumors either is telling fibs or they have been given rotten information. I've no doubt a clubs performance in a particular year would slightly affect players' decisions to go there, but realistically, it is not as major a factor as you are making out. What players are mostly concerned about are securing their financial and playing future, and going to a struggling club with lots of unfilled squad positions is a good way to achieve both.

Mate, I never said it was a major factor I just said it was a factor and it was in response to someone who said earlier that any player who doesn't doesn't want to go to a club that's struggling they should f**K off as they're not worthy of being signed. If you go back a few pages you'll find the post I was responding to initially.

CrazyEel

Bench
The only debt I've got is investment debt.

But I haven't been able to get as much value for my money because you merkins won't die. At least your own fathers did you that favour.
That's where I took my percentage and why I thank you for your generous contributions.

My father did me no favours at all, I wasn't brought up on hand outs like you lot, I earnt what I have and I have no intentions of leaving it to you freeloaders either. :D

Eels Dude

Coach
Poupou every player is different and they're all going to have different preferences or reasons for joining a club and you nor I don't know them but the current performance of the side they're considering is going to be a factor. Maybe not for every player but it will be one factor a lot of players consider.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's where I took my percentage and why I thank you for your generous contributions.

But you said you got rich on my generation's need to have everything now - implying consumer debt.

Investment debt is better than no debt at all. The alternative is buying without gearing, or worse, 'saving' your money in a bank.

What did I have to have 'right now' besides food and a roof over my head (and my rent is subsidised anyway) that you could have possibly made enough money to retire on?

Are you telling fibs?

My father did me no favours at all, I wasn't brought up on hand outs like you lot, I earnt what I have and I have no intentions of leaving it to you freeloaders either. :D

Don't go feeling too proud of yourself. You've obviously benefitted from market and government structures that weren't sustainable for future generations.

Gen X works longer hours and consumes less than your generation ever did. And we don't get the benefit of free education or guaranteed pensions.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Poupou every player is different and they're all going to have different preferences or reasons for joining a club and you nor I don't know them but the current performance of the side they're considering is going to be a factor. Maybe not for every player but it will be one factor a lot of players consider.

Last night was a blip on our performance over the second half of the year.

Even with next year's roster we would have lost last night (every team has off nights) but with better halves and more speed out wide we would only have lost by 2 or 3 tries. Not bad for a 'worst performance of the year' against a side suddenly high on confidence.

I agree with the bloke who said anybody scared off by one hellish performance either knows nothing about footy or he hasn't got the ticker we want at the club.

hindy111

Post Whore
Everyone has different financial situations.Someone with more money isnt always happier than someone with less and a person retired isnt always happier than a person who is working...
And this is why TONGA WILL JOIN THE EELS

CrazyEel

Bench
But you said you got rich on my generation's need to have everything now - implying consumer debt.

Investment debt is better than no debt at all. The alternative is buying without gearing, or worse, 'saving' your money in a bank.

What did I have to have 'right now' besides food and a roof over my head (and my rent is subsidised anyway) that you could have possibly made enough money to retire on?

Are you telling fibs?
No fibs, depends on what (or whom) you're investing in.

5 years ago gold was around $400 and ounce, yesterday was pushing $1800, many things are better than cash in the bank.

"subsidised" by who? If it's part of your salary it's not subsidisation but tax minimisation, if it's govt subsidised then you are doing what you accused me of.

EDIT: BTW, never said I was rich, just retired at 50.
Don't go feeling too proud of yourself. You've obviously benefitted from market and government structures that weren't sustainable for future generations.

Gen X works longer hours and consumes less than your generation ever did. And we don't get the benefit of free education or guaranteed pensions.
Now that is just absolute misinformed bullshit that even I can't be bothered making fun of. Good luck with that attitude :lol:

Last edited:

CrazyEel

Bench
Everyone has different financial situations.Someone with more money isnt always happier than someone with less and a person retired isnt always happier than a person who is working...
Very true, as long as you are content with where you are at then you can enjoy.

i think some people are missing what players are wanting and thats not just premierships..!! this was part of a chat i had over lunch with a current player and an ex player who has won a premiership i know these people as we grew up together and played our junior league togther...ahh sorry no names but you will probally know one by the end of this..during the lunch there was an example of a current player resigning with melbourne ( who we also know) but tried to come back but there was a 3rd party deal that got the deal over the line as this deal would not be in place at the old club...he is slayin it at melbourne and is probally gonna get a ring out of it but what he likes the most is the 3rd party deal he got becuase this offers employment opportunities outside of league..see he is getting maximum exposure playing at a successful club where at he's old club he was just an average 1st grader...see it goes to show players want and they do look at what a club has to offer and parra doesnt have much to offer a player other then money...thats it..there no gatorade deal here at parra as we dont score tries !!! and i can tell you 30k just to advertise a drink aswell as a semi final football is atractive...or getting smashed singing your victory song 5 times a year...then thats it...not much exposure is it....and by the way the player that turned the club down will be a SOO player within 2 years easy.!!

Eels Dude

Coach
i think some people are missing what players are wanting and thats not just premierships..!! this was part of a chat i had over lunch with a current player and an ex player who has won a premiership i know these people as we grew up together and played our junior league togther...ahh sorry no names but you will probally know one by the end of this..during the lunch there was an example of a current player resigning with melbourne ( who we also know) but tried to come back but there was a 3rd party deal that got the deal over the line as this deal would not be in place at the old club...he is slayin it at melbourne and is probally gonna get a ring out of it but what he likes the most is the 3rd party deal he got becuase this offers employment opportunities outside of league..see he is getting maximum exposure playing at a successful club where at he's old club he was just an average 1st grader...see it goes to show players want and they do look at what a club has to offer and parra doesnt have much to offer a player other then money...thats it..there no gatorade deal here at parra as we dont score tries !!! and i can tell you 30k just to advertise a drink aswell as a semi final football is atractive...or getting smashed singing your victory song 5 times a year...then thats it...not much exposure is it....and by the way the player that turned the club down will be a SOO player within 2 years easy.!!

So Melbourne are still finding new ways to cheat. That's great news for the game as a whole.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
not much exposure is it....and by the way the player that turned the club down will be a SOO player within 2 years easy.!!

Not much exposure?

We're on free-to-air as much as any Sydney club, and that's when we're losing. When we look like winning our share of games we dominate Channel 9's programming in this market.

Don't see much of the Storm on FTA. And down here in Melbourne it's only on after bed time anyway.

Bigfella

Coach

I'd like to offer you a third party deal of a return key so we don't have to read your 400 sentence paragraphs any more.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
not saying he is, but thats generally some one posting from an iPhone or Galaxy phone

MrT

Juniors
So your talking about Matt Duffie?

Isn't Duffie a Kiwi?
I think they're taling about someone else.

I couldn't care less who turned us down. If they don't want to play for Parra, then good luck to them. If they were fairdinkum they would see some of the close games we have had with the best teams (Dragons, Manly and Storm) and would then see we will have a better roster next year

Stagger eel

Staff member
actually Duffie turned down a big deal for us and signed for less at Melbourne prior to us getting Sandow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts