What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrT

Juniors
so we're talking about some young good player at the moment who has turned us down from Melb?

Kornstar

Coach
i think some people are missing what players are wanting and thats not just premierships..!! this was part of a chat i had over lunch with a current player and an ex player who has won a premiership i know these people as we grew up together and played our junior league togther...ahh sorry no names but you will probally know one by the end of this..during the lunch there was an example of a current player resigning with melbourne ( who we also know) but tried to come back but there was a 3rd party deal that got the deal over the line as this deal would not be in place at the old club...he is slayin it at melbourne and is probally gonna get a ring out of it but what he likes the most is the 3rd party deal he got becuase this offers employment opportunities outside of league..see he is getting maximum exposure playing at a successful club where at he's old club he was just an average 1st grader...see it goes to show players want and they do look at what a club has to offer and parra doesnt have much to offer a player other then money...thats it..there no gatorade deal here at parra as we dont score tries !!! and i can tell you 30k just to advertise a drink aswell as a semi final football is atractive...or getting smashed singing your victory song 5 times a year...then thats it...not much exposure is it....and by the way the player that turned the club down will be a SOO player within 2 years easy.!!

Why would Gatorade sponsor Hinchliffe? He is going great but not really the marketable player at the moment.......

Eels Dude

Coach
Why would Gatorade sponsor Hinchliffe? He is going great but not really the marketable player at the moment.......

Why would any company sponsor any player at the Storm apart from maybe Slater or Smith? The rest of their players have a higher profile here than they do in Melbourne... and that says a lot when someone like Ryan Hinchfliffe would be unknown and unrecogisable to about 99.9999% of the Sydney population.

Sounds like one eye blue eye or whatever his name is just pulled a statement from nowhere.

Hallatia

Referee
I think it's a smart move for young players to benefit from Melbourne as much as they can and they can (if the opportunity presents itself) and take that to another club for a higher price later.

That would be short term pay cut, which would pay off big later. Blair should serve as a good example of this when he returns to Penrith, but there are a bunch of others too.

Gronk

Staff member
The news Parramatta prop Carl Webb has retired will soon be followed by confirmation that star centre Willie Tonga will join the Eels next season.
Parramatta announced Webb's retirement yesterday. The former Queensland and Australian representative only joined the Eels this year and was contracted until the end of next season, but he has struggled with injury this season. His retirement is effective immediately.

Tonga was recently granted a release from the final year of his contract with North Queensland.

The Eels have been negotiating with him, but have been unable to finalise an agreement because they needed to make room under the salary cap first.
It looked like another of their players, Daniel Mortimer, might move on ahead of his contract running out, but he is staying.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/webb-out-tonga-in-20110809-1ikyb.html#ixzz1UZCU2VS8

i didnt say this melbourne player was joining the eels...or tried to join the eels it was another sydney club or i was saying was players look at maximum exposure thats all on and off the field...the player that was in talks with the eels is currently under contract at another club but has been told to look elsewhere as he is overpaid and he wont be in the starting side next year...be interesting when or what happens as this player is a good player and young player too..!!!

Gronk

Staff member
i didnt say this melbourne player was joining the eels...or tried to join the eels it was another sydney club or i was saying was players look at maximum exposure thats all on and off the field...the player that was in talks with the eels is currently under contract at another club but has been told to look elsewhere as he is overpaid and he wont be in the starting side next year...be interesting when or what happens as this player is a good player and young player too..!!!

From a sydney based team?

Granted we are taking a risk with Roberts, but I doubt that we paying overs for him. An overpaid young player on the outer with his club ? Unless his club wants to pay 1/2 of his contract, why would we want him ?

Sounds like Inu! to me anyway.

spiderdan

Bench
SBW has NOT signed for 2012 with NZRU.

Waratahs on alert as Sonny Bill 'signing' is questioned

interesting to see if they will actually end up in league or if the new tv deal will just be used to bump up their contracts....
from article...
Nasser would not be drawn into hypotheticals last night, only saying: ''We have given the NZRU an agreement that Sonny will be there next year.''
Nasser's plan was for Williams and Cooper to be presented as a dual package signing for NRL and overseas rugby clubs in 2013.

*waits for boxy to write up another hypothetical team list*

Status
Not open for further replies.