What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eels Dude

Coach
this years team is pretty much Andersons

what were his plans?

it's a horrible squad and he had a lot to spend

We'll never know what Anderson could have got out of this squad. Even if this squad was made up of entirely his own choosing (which I doubt) he wasn't given the luxury to coach this side. Which for all we know, could probably include Tahu, Grothe, Murray, and Mitchell still.

For all we know Anderson could have had very good plans, but he wasn't allowed to execute them so you cannot criticize him for that.

The writing was on the wall for Anderson early last year, the constant leaks didn't help. But they would certainly have affected recruitment, retention, and our side's performance on the field last year. Thankfully those leaks have stopped this year. The club has learned a good lesson from 2010.

spartan2153

Juniors
this years team is pretty much Andersons

what were his plans?

it's a horrible squad and he had a lot to spend

maybe he was thinking because there was nothing to spend our money on last year he was saving it for this year.

Thats what kearney seems to be doing & is being applauded for it

Maroubra Eel

Coach
We'll never know what Anderson could have got out of this squad. Even if this squad was made up of entirely his own choosing (which I doubt) he wasn't given the luxury to coach this side. Which for all we know, could probably include Tahu, Grothe, Murray, and Mitchell still.

For all we know Anderson could have had very good plans, but he wasn't allowed to execute them so you cannot criticize him for that.

The writing was on the wall for Anderson early last year, the constant leaks didn't help. But they would certainly have affected recruitment, retention, and our side's performance on the field last year. Thankfully those leaks have stopped this year. The club has learned a good lesson from 2010.

With all the crap that went on at the club last year it's little wonder that nobody wanted to sign with us.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I should have said more money clear to chase players. You have to admit. They did not have no wear near the money available to chase talent than what learney does.

You're probably right. But so what?

Should they give Kearney less money? Would that make you happy?

Suitman

Post Whore
We'll never know what Anderson could have got out of this squad.

No, but we all saw what he got out of last years squad, which arguably was better than 2009's.

It's really quite simple. The Board made a decision that going forward, they thought Stephen Kearney was the better man for the job.
It's their jobs on the line.
Am I happy with how we are positioned on the table this year? Not on your life.
Am I happy with my perception of what is happening behind the scenes to the club and for our future - damned straight I am.

I'm not ready to death ride a coach who has had 16 games in charge of a team that wasn't his. That's the simple part.

Suity

Eels Dude

Coach
More importantly, why should we care?

It's in the past now. Let it go.

I wasn't the one who brought him up. It was El Diablo. If people keep bringing up DA as an excuse for this year's failures, then naturally people are going to comment on that if they disagree. Can't have it both ways Poupou.

spartan2153

Juniors
I wasn't the one who brought him up. It was El Diablo. If people keep bringing up DA as an excuse for this year's failures, then naturally people are going to comment on that if they disagree. Can't have it both ways Poupou.

Warren ryan said it the best. When parra lose its da's fault when they win its kearneys

that comment sums up the whole argument

Kornstar

Coach

You are not allowed to talk about DA unless you are rubbishing him and you are not allowed to talk about SK unless you are praising him.......you also are not allowed to criticize the board because they made a profit last year.......get with the program!!!!!!

Eels Dude

Coach
No, but we all saw what he got out of last years squad, which arguably was better than 2009's.

It's really quite simple. The Board made a decision that going forward, they thought Stephen Kearney was the better man for the job.
It's their jobs on the line.
Am I happy with how we are positioned on the table this year? Not on your life.
Am I happy with my perception of what is happening behind the scenes to the club and for our future - damned straight I am.

I'm not ready to death ride a coach who has had 16 games in charge of a team that wasn't his. That's the simple part.

Suity

I don't think we should be bagging out DA for 2010. The way the club itself operated off the field last year was a recipe for disaster. On a positive note Osborne and co have learned from it and are doing a much better job in 2011.

I'm not going to deathride our current coach either. I want him to succeed and have us a force again. I will question certain decisions made by any of our coaches though, as any fan should.

I like the fact our club has put a stop to leaks seems to have some sort of long term plan. But that's all we know, so i'll save the praise until we see the results of this plan.

spartan2153

Juniors
I don't think we should be bagging out DA for 2010. The way the club itself operated off the field last year was a recipe for disaster. On a positive note Osborne and co have learned from it and are doing a much better job in 2011.

I'm not going to deathride our current coach either. I want him to succeed and have us a force again. I will question certain decisions made by any of our coaches though, as any fan should.

I like the fact our club has put a stop to leaks seems to have some sort of long term plan. But that's all we know, so i'll save the praise until we see the results of this plan.

it could be that the leaks done there job & there was no need for them this year

Suitman

Post Whore

That's a logical post except for one thing. If you're going to save the praise, why don't you save the criticism for the very same reasons?

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
You are not allowed to talk about DA unless you are rubbishing him and you are not allowed to talk about SK unless you are praising him.......you also are not allowed to criticize the board because they made a profit last year.......get with the program!!!!!!

That's not inherently true Korny.

No problems with criticising anyone to be honest. Just make the criticism justified and based on fact. You tread a fine line, but are far better than some of the other muppets around here.

Suity

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I don't have it both ways.

Anderson's gone so I don't care about him. Kearney's the current coach so I support him.

I think the board was vindicated by the fact nobody else has offered Anderson a job.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I will question certain decisions made by any of our coaches though, as any fan should.

But you're not questioning; you're flat out saying he's wrong or that he doesn't know what he's doing. As if you know any better.

Even if you were on the inside of the club and knew what was going on, you still wouldn't know as much as one of these professional coahces you like to second guess.

If all you were doing was 'questioning' like you innocently claim, you would say "I wonder why he made that decision", not "He doesn't understand the salary cap" or "His use of the interchange is amateurish" or "he should have selected X player instead of Y player".

It's like you think you f**king know better when you're just a f**king nobody. If you want to question then phrase it as a question. Otherwise you just give youself away as an ignorant armchair critic.

Kearney's made decisions I didn't understand (as did Anderson) and rather than thinking I knew better I tried to understand those decisions. You don't even attempt to understand what's going on, instead casting aspersions on the footballing knowledge of a bloke who has been involved in the game full time for the past 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.