What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eels Dude

Coach
But you're not questioning; you're flat out saying he's wrong or that he doesn't know what he's doing. As if you know any better.

Even if you were on the inside of the club and knew what was going on, you still wouldn't know as much as one of these professional coahces you like to second guess.

If all you were doing was 'questioning' like you innocently claim, you would say "I wonder why he made that decision", not "He doesn't understand the salary cap" or "His use of the interchange is amateurish" or "he should have selected X player instead of Y player".

It's like you think you f**king know better when you're just a f**king nobody. If you want to question then phrase it as a question. Otherwise you just give youself away as an ignorant armchair critic.

Kearney's made decisions I didn't understand (as did Anderson) and rather than thinking I knew better I tried to understand those decisions. You don't even attempt to understand what's going on, instead casting aspersions on the footballing knowledge of a bloke who has been involved in the game full time for the past 20 years.

You just like argueing for the sake of it eh. These forums are for debate and discussion and airing opinions. I have nothing against Kearney. I hope he succeeds as I hope our club does. I don't know what comments you're referring to that have been made by myself in regards to our coach, but if you could enlighten me then I'll respond, because i've not idea what you are talking about.

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't have it both ways.

Anderson's gone so I don't care about him. Kearney's the current coach so I support him.

I think the board was vindicated by the fact nobody else has offered Anderson a job.

I support Kearney too. I want our club at the top of the table as soon as possible and he's the bloke in charge so we should all be supporting him. But as I said, I was responding to El Diablo, so you should be telling him to let it go not me.

Eels Dude

Coach
That's a logical post except for one thing. If you're going to save the praise, why don't you save the criticism for the very same reasons?

Suity

I guess that's a fair point. Probably because so many other posters on here give unwarranted praise. It's good to be optimistic.. but it's almost like this forum has become left wing v right wing these days... which is a shame because we're all Parra supporters.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I support Kearney too. I want our club at the top of the table as soon as possible and he's the bloke in charge so we should all be supporting him. But as I said, I was responding to El Diablo, so you should be telling him to let it go not me.

Yeah you're right, I'm also sick of people blaming Anderson for our predicament.

But Anderson got the arse and I don't believe it was for nothing. Also he's not our coach so I'm not inclined to defend him.

IFR33K

Coach
I don't have it both ways.

Anderson's gone so I don't care about him. Kearney's the current coach so I support him.

I think the board was vindicated by the fact nobody else has offered Anderson a job.

And also that several other clubs were chasing SK, the most sought after coach, but thankfully he signed with the eels.

CrazyEel

Bench
And also that several other clubs were chasing SK, the most sought after coach, but thankfully he signed with the eels.
Good point, even if it was only one the fact still remains Kearney actually has a job as coach.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Read somewhere today, Vidot from the Raiders is off contract, he is defintiely someone we should chase. Big, strong fast, young and good in the air - just needs smoe good coaching.

IFR33K

Coach
No. All our signings are done.

If true, and all our signings are done, what was the reason for releasing Ant Mitchell, mid year.

Its doesn't look like it was done to free up money in the cap, to make a 'big' signing.

If MK is injured next year, who do we have to step up.

Kornstar

Coach
That's not inherently true Korny.

No problems with criticising anyone to be honest. Just make the criticism justified and based on fact. You tread a fine line, but are far better than some of the other muppets around here.

Suity

I honestly have nothing against Kearney, none of this is his fault. He was head hunted for a role, he accepted it, it would be flattering and good on him!

It is not his fault that he doesn't seem up to it at this stage.

I blame the people who put him in this shit! Last year was abysmal across the entire club from top to bottom!!

The knives were out for DA, there were constant leaks and player infighting.......SK has walked into a place that needs a tried and tested coach, not a rookie!

So far, i have been unimpressed, nothing has seemed to have changed (except for the leaks) and i don't feel we have much to look forward to next year........and that is why i have an attitude.......

I also voted these clowns in, not once, but twice!!!

Frustrated is only the beginning to how i feel! I put my heart into this team, as a lot of us do and as sad as it is, the teams performances affect my life and emotions in a big way.........so the thought of having to endure last year, this year and now next year all over again is depressing and i don't see a light at this point in time!!!!!

our club is run by amateurs. it's quite clear to me now they are we are treading water at present. I mentioned late last year and it seems like a good time to mention it again. It looks from the outside that we are saving money from the salary cap for a reason, not sure what that reason is but poker machine revenue is down 13% and the club has spent bucket loads on the Firehouse bistro thing. So is the club doing much worse than is let on so we are cutting costs on the football team to help get the club thru a tough spot?
Is that possiable?

CrazyEel

Bench
I honestly have nothing against Kearney, none of this is his fault. He was head hunted for a role, he accepted it, it would be flattering and good on him!

It is not his fault that he doesn't seem up to it at this stage.

I blame the people who put him in this shit! Last year was abysmal across the entire club from top to bottom!!

The knives were out for DA, there were constant leaks and player infighting.......SK has walked into a place that needs a tried and tested coach, not a rookie!

So far, i have been unimpressed, nothing has seemed to have changed (except for the leaks) and i don't feel we have much to look forward to next year........and that is why i have an attitude.......

I also voted these clowns in, not once, but twice!!!

Frustrated is only the beginning to how i feel! I put my heart into this team, as a lot of us do and as sad as it is, the teams performances affect my life and emotions in a big way.........so the thought of having to endure last year, this year and now next year all over again is depressing and i don't see a light at this point in time!!!!!
While I don't disagree with anything you have said above I would just like to add my biggest concern last year was the lack of structure in the club. Not the on field team or game structure but the recruitment, youth identification, development and skill structures that have fallen apart since Smith left. They were non existent throughout all grades with people in each of those areas doing their own thing independently and not talking to each other and there were no plans in place to rebuild them.

While I don't dispute anything you have said I am at least happy that those backroom structures are now back in place and working and believe they will flow through to on field performances. That and the acquisition of a genuine young halfback that can run the team and take a lot of pressure off Hayne allowing him to be less predictable along with adding Poore, Reni, Tonga and Roberts will make a big difference next year.

That is just my opinion and accept that many disagree but regardless I have been through a lot over the last 53 years of following this mob, including consecutive wooden spoons, and I do feel optimistic about the next few years. Mainly because it is being built from the ground up and not airy fairy crap as has been the case for the last 5 years or so. I am fed up with "Pizza nights" at Hindy's like we've had every f**king year for God knows how long and want to see a more solid foundation and support structure in place. But that's just my opinion.

No one can guarantee the future so no one can know how it will unfold over the next 2 years. The only certainty over that time is that both the board and coach are guaranteed that tenure regardless of whether anyone likes it or not we all have to accept it cause nothing is going to change that.

And that's the most I've ever been bothered to write so hope you at least appreciate the effort Korny :lol:

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
While I don't disagree with anything you have said above I would just like to add my biggest concern last year was the lack of structure in the club. Not the on field team or game structure but the recruitment, youth identification, development and skill structures that have fallen apart since Smith left. They were non existent throughout all grades with people in each of those areas doing their own thing independently and talking to each other and there were no plans in place to rebuild them.

While I don't dispute anything you have said I am at least happy that those backroom structures are now back in place and working and believe they will flow through to on field performances. That and the acquisition of a genuine young halfback that can run the team and take a lot of pressure off Hayne allowing him to be less predictable along with adding Poore, Reni, Tonga and Roberts will make a big difference next year.

That is just my opinion and accept that many disagree but regardless I have been through a lot over the last 53 years of following this mob, including consecutive wooden spoons, and I do feel optimistic about the next few years. Mainly because it is being built from the ground up and not airy fairy crap as has been the case for the last 5 years or so. I am fed up with "Pizza nights" at Hindy's like we've had every f**king year for God knows how long and want to see a more solid foundation and support structure in place. But that's just my opinion.

No one can guarantee the future so no one can now how it will unfold over the next 2 years. The only certainty over that time is that both the board and coach are guaranteed that tenure regardless of whether anyone likes it or not we all have to accept it cause nothing is going to change that.

And that's the most I've ever been bothered to write so hope you at least appreciate the effort Korny :lol:

I appreciate it.
Very muchly.

Suity

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
While I don't disagree with anything you have said above I would just like to add my biggest concern last year was the lack of structure in the club. Not the on field team or game structure but the recruitment, youth identification, development and skill structures that have fallen apart since Smith left. They were non existent throughout all grades with people in each of those areas doing their own thing independently and talking to each other and there were no plans in place to rebuild them.

No one can guarantee the future so no one can now how it will unfold over the next 2 years. The only certainty over that time is that both the board and coach are guaranteed that tenure regardless of whether anyone likes it or not we all have to accept it cause nothing is going to change that.

Thankyou Charlton.

Thankyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.