What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
still room to add a Willie Tonga or a Vidot before the start of next season.

I don't think either of them is off contract.

The only guy left who would improve our squad is Yow Yeh, and I doubt we'll match his asking price unless we could turn him into a centre.

I'd also re-sign Reddy but I don't have all the facts.

DeanPay98

Juniors
If he will be fully fit next year then it might be worth keeping Reddy given the weakness of our backline.

Either way it will be a very different team next year. Even if there are only four or five major personnel changes.

84 Baby

Referee
I don't think either of them is off contract.

The only guy left who would improve our squad is Yow Yeh, and I doubt we'll match his asking price unless we could turn him into a centre.

I'd also re-sign Reddy but I don't have all the facts.
I don't profess to actually knowing details of every player's contract. Best sources I have say Tonga is off this year and Vidot next year but there is a rumour that he and Canberra are looking to part ways on mutual agreement.

I wouldn't chase Yow Yeh, would get expensive and he'll never be a centre, top class Australian winger but not a centre.

I wouldn't get my hopes up at re-signing Reddy

Kornstar

Coach
I understand how you feel mate but take heart from the way our NYC team has improved over the season. Not only have we blooded some very good juniors in top grade this year but we have some excellent ones coming through and a lot of time is being devoted to their development.

I know it doesn't make you feel any better but trust me, I do know how disheartening being an Eel supporter can be, it really does test your loyalty and not everyone can go the journey.

The NYC boys are certainly making things look a little brighter, I just hope they can progress through and be as ready as some of the Bronco's kids are.

Trust me though, I ain't going anywhere, if I sat through the 90's every week on the hill with my dad and still be excited every week, this won't deter me......it is just frustrating is all......

CrazyEel

Bench
The NYC boys are certainly making things look a little brighter, I just hope they can progress through and be as ready as some of the Bronco's kids are.

Trust me though, I ain't going anywhere, if I sat through the 90's every week on the hill with my dad and still be excited every week, this won't deter me......it is just frustrating is all......
I am very confident we now have proper systems in place to help players in that transition. It makes a big difference and the Bronco's and Storm have always been excellent in that area.

Never doubted your committment Korny, not for a second as you always show up at games regardless of the frustration. We all feel it mate just have different ways of dealing with it is all.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I've said most of my piece on the "our recruitment is average" debate, but I do want to add one thing to the general conversation:

I think that people underestimate how little there is between being top 4 or 8 and the also-rans these days. Think about how many teams are in the 8 one year and not the next, or vice versa.

We have been very close to wins in a few games recently, and any number of those games could have gone a different way with just the addition of a decent halback and some pressure off Hayne. Add in a bit more quality out wide and we would be around the top 4.

Whilst that quality out wide may not be forthcoming, the current batch will get better, and if there's no-one on the market that the club wants then we just have to be patient.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think that people underestimate how little there is between being top 4 or 8 and the also-rans these days. Think about how many teams are in the 8 one year and not the next, or vice versa.

I was just thinking about this on my run earlier. We don't need to add much to be a better side.

Just adding a halfback to our popgun attack will make the world of difference. Any signings we make after that are just gravy.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I've said most of my piece on the "our recruitment is average" debate, but I do want to add one thing to the general conversation:

We have been very close to wins in a few games recently, and any number of those games could have gone a different way with just the addition of a decent halback and some pressure off Hayne. Add in a bit more quality out wide and we would be around the top 4.

Whilst that quality out wide may not be forthcoming, the current batch will get better, and if there's no-one on the market that the club wants then we just have to be patient.

well said, totally what I have been thinking. Amazing what a decent half could do for our side without even mentioning a fit poore and Reni, Tonga and Roberts added to the side. Also think Tautia and Paulo could be good additions to the side and may surprise a few people.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I was just thinking about this on my run earlier. We don't need to add much to be a better side.

Just adding a halfback to our popgun attack will make the world of difference. Any signings we make after that are just gravy.

Wouldn't mind a big strong fast winger added to the side - but yeah wonder what Hayne is thinking that he will have a partner next year to help out.

CrazyEel

Bench
ok then - i blame myself ... none of you other nuffies have had the guts to put your hands up yet hey!
Well if your gunna be so fiesty about it then because I'm such a peace loving person I'll concede to your better judgement on the matter :lol:

Reddy is gone - he was walking to the ground on Friday, a guy near me asked him if he was staying and his answers were pretty clear that he wasn't.

Eels Dude

Coach
Reddy is gone - he was walking to the ground on Friday, a guy near me asked him if he was staying and his answers were pretty clear that he wasn't.

It's a foregone conclusion that Reddy won't be re-signed. But your evidence is just like saying my aunt's best friend's sister's boss's son's best mate's uncle told me that.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Players bullshit the fans all the time though. I certainly f**king would.

"Hey Poupou you staying at Parra next year?"

"Mate I retired last week and the board's asked me to take over coaching the first grade team. Everybody in the club has had it up to f**ken here with Kearney. Do you think I should?"

And then after the game I'd switch on callback radio and giggle my arse off.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Players bullshit the fans all the time though. I certainly f**king would.

"Hey Poupou you staying at Parra next year?"

"Mate I retired last week and the board's asked me to take over coaching the first grade team. Everybody in the club has had it up to f**ken here with Kearney. Do you think I should?"

And then after the game I'd switch on callback radio and giggle my arse off.

:lol:

Taulima...:fist:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts