What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm telling you, if his main factor is money, there will be other clubs willing to pay more than us.

I don't think we're as desperate as a lot of player managers have hoped.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm telling you, if his main factor is money, there will be other clubs willing to pay more than us.

I don't think we're as desperate as a lot of player managers have hoped.

no shit

even if we had tons of cash, he aint worth that much

Blue & Gold

Juniors
He is definitely not worth that much cash. Is there any other centers off contract for next year? Looks like it might be Esi/Morgan and Loko once he is back from injury next year. I suppose we have TT as backup, I thought he played well in last nights game against the broncs, he had good footwork and leg drive.

caylo

Bench
no shit

even if we had tons of cash, he aint worth that much

100% agree, for around $300K he is worth it but not much more. We have Loko and Esi who are good first graders and then Morgan as a back up. We probably need to go after a few more players for depth at least but Sio and Jennings are also options.

Eels Dude

Coach
Yeah I know, but we have always been so thin on halves at this club, that if the opportunity arises to add some real depth when it suits us and at the right price, then I say grab it. I mean what if something goes wrong with Sandow(loss of form or injury) then we are basically at the same place we have been for the last 2 years.

Also have you thought of the distinct possibilty that what if Ben Roberts' form is too erratic and not good enough and our depth in the backs is still thin through injury or lack of quality singings, which way do we go then?

Maybe then we keep Hayne at 1, Burt at 2, Sandow at 6 and Walsh at 7.

That to me sound better and more consistently dangerous than at Roberts-Sandow combo. I chose Walsh at seven because he is a more dominant half then Sandow is at this point, who can drift in and out of games.

I also think that this would make Hayne happier too and give him his desired extra couple of seasons at the back till he is ready and a little more mature to play the 6 roll.

But what we really need more than anything else is a good centre and hooker.

I agree on both your points regarding Walsh and Roberts. But Walsh has established himself as a genuine first grader so he wouldn't come cheap. Far too expensive for simply a back up player. He'd probably be worth 250-300k on the open market. Unfortunately with the lack of quality halves running around in the NRL at the moment even a semi decent half can command that kind of cash.

Eels Dude

Coach
Tonga for 500k... I wonder if that is like Sandow's 650k being thrown up. He's not worth that much. Think we still need another centre though.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
no centre is worth 500k to a side (in relation to the cap and top 25 players), only hookers, halves and fullbacks are worth that amount of dollars.

Would lokve to have Tonga in the side however not at that amount. For 500k we could pick up a handy centre with experience along with 2 off the better backs from the Toyota cup comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts