What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If a genuine halfback in Hodgkinson is bog average I'd be interested in what you think we have currently in the 7

Sandow's ahead of Hodkinson in the Dally M voting, despite playing less games this year.

That's not to say Sandow's a better player, but you need to get past this whole 'genuine halfback' thing. The number 7 of yesteryear no longer exists. These days it's just a playmaker on one side of the field, with strengths and weaknesses.

hindy111

Post Whore
Some people rate hodkinson others do not.Me I think he is average.About as good as Wallace,soward etc.... I would put Mullen pierce Maloney all above him.
He has been lucky to play in good sides.Otherwise he would not get a mention.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Hodkinson is average, might be able to defend but is pretty poor in attack has a terrible running game. Would prefer an in form Sandow any day.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I rate Hodkinson. His running game is his only downside. As long as you have other dangerous runners around him he is very effective.

natheel

Coach
Hodkinson is a calm headed type player. Nothing flashy but is a good organiser. Handles origin well

The Colonel

Immortal
Corey Norman is our Hodkinson with a better running game. Sandow doesn't have to play the genuine halfback role.

I heard that Loko was found to have been persistently interfering with Sandow's goal kicking training. He was standing just to the left of the posts and mooning him.

natheel

Coach
I always saw on his instagram him with drinks in his hand and blind drunk. This would interfere with his rehab

Chipmunk

Coach
Sandow's ahead of Hodkinson in the Dally M voting, despite playing less games this year.

That's not to say Sandow's a better player, but you need to get past this whole 'genuine halfback' thing. The number 7 of yesteryear no longer exists. These days it's just a playmaker on one side of the field, with strengths and weaknesses.

I'm guessing 3 of those Dally M points came when Sandow was playing Fullback...

If you are going to have a player play in the 7 he still needs to be able to pass the ball and create opportunities for players on the edges, which Sandow does not.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I've heard some stuff but I'm not going to tell you.

I haven't heard anything but I'm happy to tell you merkins. I'll just make it up.

Apparently he was videotaped shitting in his own mouth at Northies. The kids all call it 'soft serving'. The filthy little merkins.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I haven't heard anything but I'm happy to tell you merkins. I'll just make it up.

Apparently he was videotaped shitting in his own mouth at Northies. The kids all call it 'soft serving'. The filthy little merkins.

Nothing worse than trying have a slash at the urinal with some little punk next to you 'soft serving'.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm guessing 3 of those Dally M points came when Sandow was playing Fullback...

Well really what's the difference? He has an excellent running game which is wasted at first receiver. The main reason for using Paulo at first receiver is so Sandow and Norman can get wider and use their running games.

Teams use their halves however they're best suited, but ultimately most of them (including Hodkinson and Sandow) play on one side and create opportunities for their outside men. Sandow (right side) has eight TAs to left-sided Hodkinson's seven.

If you are going to have a player play in the 7 he still needs to be able to pass the ball and create opportunities for players on the edges, which Sandow does not.

I'd say our right side is having no trouble scoring tries. Now that Sandow has a running threat outside him (Pauli) as dangerous as the one outside Hodkinson (Tony Williams) his short passing game is a lot more fruitful. Sandow has four LBAs to Hodkinson's six, but all of Sandow's have come since round eight.

Hodkinson is a much better defender than Sandow and he makes better decisions, but the modern 7 doesn't need to be the key decision maker any more than the 6 or the 9. In most teams he just plays on one side of the field and handles the ball on shift plays and last tackle kicks.

Gronk

Staff member

Nothing worse than trying have a slash at the urinal with some little punk next to you 'soft serving'.

Been done already in South Park.

608_img_16.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts