What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderdan

Bench
in other news, while o/s recently I caught a glimpse of some women's judo on the idiot box.

I became a fan after seeing this young Hungarian woman throw people around https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Hedvig+Karakas&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#facrc=_

karakas2013id.jpg

Avenger

Immortal
Chasing Cherry

The return of Chris Sandow as a top-flight footballer has been one of the great stories of 2014 ... but will it be enough to stop the Eels from making a major play for Daly Cherry-Evans?
Remember, DCE was helped by Brad Arthur at the Eagles and they had a strong bond. The Eagles have cleared plenty of room to keep DCE, but you cant help but think that Parramatta will always be better resourced than Manly.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Sandow isn't on very much apparently. Well not as much as some news outlets reported at the time. So he won't free up that much cap unfortunately.

T.S Quint

Coach
So, just pure speculation based on nothing from the journo there.
Filled a few lines in his column though, I guess.

"The Eagles have cleared plenty of room to keep DCE, but you cant help but think that Parramatta will always be better resourced than Manly."

Haha. WTF is that meant to mean, Weiner?

Avenger

Immortal
Don't think for one moment that Arthur will not enquire about DCE or Foran. They are exactly the type of players we need.

Avenger

Immortal
why does DCE reportedly not get on so well with several players at manly?

When they made the pact to all stick together DCE mid contract asked for an upgrade with a perceived threat that he may ask for a release to play for Brisbane. Watmough whilst Glenn Stewart was negotiating with Manly and allegedly being squeezed out stated that some players shouldn't be renegotiating their contracts when they are in the middle of one. He didn't say DCE but it was obvious that he was referring to him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
When you have to upgrade blokes mid contract it throws out your succession planning through the rest of your squad. Manly got great value out of DCE in the early years of his contract (#'academy') and are probably still getting value out of him now (given they are able to keep a strong squad around him). But he agreed to that contract. I bet he wouldn't have agreed to a downgrade if he'd turned out shithouse.

The Manly players are right to be pissed off at Cherry-Evans. They should f**k him off and let us sign the floppy penis headed little merkin.

Avenger

Immortal
When you have to upgrade blokes mid contract it throws out your succession planning through the rest of your squad. Manly got great value out of DCE in the early years of his contract (#'academy') and are probably still getting value out of him now (given they are able to keep a strong squad around him). But he agreed to that contract. I bet he wouldn't have agreed to a downgrade if he'd turned out shithouse.

The Manly players are right to be pissed off at Cherry-Evans. They should f**k him off and let us sign the floppy penis headed little merkin.

Assuming we keep Norman long term, would you take DCE or Foran to partner him in the halves, also assuming Matterson is the long term 13.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
i think any team would be mad to turn down DCE or Foran if they had the chance .... i woud think DCE would be a better fit with Norman but wouldn't shy away from Foran at all either

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Assuming we keep Norman long term, would you take DCE or Foran to partner him in the halves, also assuming Matterson is the long term 13.

DCE for sure. While I think Foran is a better player (especially in defence), he is also fairly one-dimensional in attack - he goes to the line on that left side better than anyone in the game. I'm sure he could do it on the right too but years of experience on the left will have created an instinct for that side that would surely be wasted on the right. Norman's left footed kicking game means he should stay on the left.

Therefore I would prefer Cherry-Evans. Not as good in defence as Foran nor his passing at the line, but his kicking and support play are top notch plus he plays on the right.

oldmancraigy

Coach

DCE - he is a superior player. Foran is fantastic, not sure there is a better competitor, but DCE is a top 5 in the world player.
Plus DCE plays the opposite side to Norman.

Status
Not open for further replies.