What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Isn't as simple as totalling contract values muppet, there are incentive bonuses match payments etc that can turn a club from being well under a cap to well over.

That will all be in the contract too. Anyway bonuses are all calculated under the cap based on the number of games played the previous year. Otherwise clubs wouldn't be able to manage their cap.

So if a bloke is on $70k plus $5k per game and only played four games last year then he counts for $90k under this year's cap. Even if he plays twenty games and earns $170k this year.

Even a simpleton like yourself doesn't need an audit to work that out.

born an eel

Bench
my understanding is if a player is injured for more than 13 rounds you get cap relief.

If that player leaves after 16 rounds do we still get the same benefit.

maybe we are paying his full salary this year as mention and only having 50% going to the cap.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...975600423?nk=055702fe9e2dfa5a8ab4963e8a493aa4

Parramatta want to make superstar fullback Jarryd Hayne and Eel for life

Dean Ritchie
The Daily Telegraph
July 03, 2014 12:00AM

NSW superstar Jarryd Hayne wants to be an Eel for life.

Hayne, 26, comes off contract after next year, and Parramatta management are desperately keen to kick-start negotiations early.

“If I wanted to go, I’d be long gone,” Hayne stressed.

Hayne spoke of a bright new era at Pirtek Stadium with a robust roster, flamboyant style and a rising coach in Brad Arthur.

“What he is building and the way he is coaching, I think he has a huge amount of talent as a coach,” Hayne said.

“He can read the game and reads the plays.

“For us, we want to make the finals. You look at the game on the weekend (versus Newcastle), we didn’t have a finals attitude and we should have wrapped that game up.

“If we had a better mentality and more experience we would have won. We went close, don’t get me wrong.

“We are definitely still in the hunt. We just need to find a bit of rhythm, that’s all we are lacking. We are a good team but not a great team at the moment.”

Parramatta has a big, fast and young football side.

With Arthur moulding the future, Parramatta is poised to yet again become a rugby league force.

“In the next couple of years when we can fix up our salary cap and start to buy marquee players, that will help as well,” Hayne said.

Asked was Parramatta about to sign Bulldogs centre Krisnan Inu, Hayne said: “I think there was (some talk about that).

“The last time I spoke to him, he was um-ing and ar-ing.”

Hayne is now back in camp with NSW and ready to star again in Origin III at Suncorp Stadum next Wednesday night.

The brilliant fullback was in tears after securing the historic series win in Sydney. They were television images that will forever be etched into Origin folklore.

“It was emotional and it was a long time coming,” Hayne said.

“It kind of caught up with me, especially seeing some of the older boys, Robbie, ‘Lukey’ (Lewis) and ‘Gal’ (Paul Gallen).

“To be apart of it was huge and special.”

Hayne denied this game should be referred to as a “dead rubber”.

“Everyone who has pulled on the jersey wants to win,” Hayne said.

Asked would Queensland come out fighting given their series failure, Hayne said: “You’d think so. I am sure they are going to want to win on their home ground.

“This game will be just as important as the first two. Origin is Origin, it wouldn’t matter whether we have been beaten 25 games in a row or won 25 games in a row.

“You want to win.”

Hayne has been simply stunning in this year’s series, particularly game one in Brisbane.

“I try and play my best every week and try and do my thing,” he said.
Originally published as Parra want to make Hayne Eel for life

yy_cheng

Coach
If Loko was gonna be a star, we wouldn't have let him go

Like Aus reps such as

Tonga, Gallen, David Williams, Tony Williams, Joel Clinton, Schifcoske

and State reps such as

Maloney, Hodkinson, Tupou, Buhrer, Mogg

that we let go

hindy111

Post Whore
Like Aus reps such as

and State reps such as

that we let go

Of those players david William can be compared as was for the same reasons.
Shifcoske spent his best years here and we upgraded with hodgson.
Clinton-average along with mogg who we picked up from qld cup.
T-rex is not worth the 600k he is getting
Hodkinson IMO is bog average.Same goes for Buhrer.
Gallen well we all know how he got there :roll: Which leaves Maloney and Tupou.

Reason we let Loko go is he prob wont be any good next year being out for so long wont hit his straps so do we want to wait till 2016

hindy111

Post Whore
My question is-If he was on around 300k for another few years why would he leave with all his injuries unless was getting paid the same? And why would the dogs want to take that risk of paying him that amount?

Something doesn't seem right.Unless there was disciplinary reasons and parra gave him a tap on shoulder.If not id say we are paying part his wage.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why are management desperately keen to kickoff negotiations early?
He said he wants to stay so there's no problem.

He wants to stay because he knows we'll pay more than any other club. Losing Hayne would mean a fan revolt. He's got us over a barrel.

If we re-sign him now hopefully it won't cost too much. Personally I'd be waiting until he gets injured again.

hindy111

Post Whore
Can we bring up a list of players who have done there acl? And guys who have done it 2 or 3 times.Im interested to know how they have returned.

yy_cheng

Coach
Of those players david William can be compared as was for the same reasons.
Shifcoske spent his best years here and we upgraded with hodgson.
Clinton-average along with mogg who we picked up from qld cup.
T-rex is not worth the 600k he is getting
Hodkinson IMO is bog average.Same goes for Buhrer.
Gallen well we all know how he got there :roll: Which leaves Maloney and Tupou.

Reason we let Loko go is he prob wont be any good next year being out for so long wont hit his straps so do we want to wait till 2016

it is not easy to represent your country or your state.

just because you don't think highly of them doesn't mean they weren't stars

Clinton hit his straps after he left paara to join Canberra

Avenger

Immortal
It's obvious that Hayne has been consulted in relation to future marquee players. I think in 2016 we will aggressively pursue DCE and/or Kieran Foran. I also think Izzy is still on the radar.

His comments about Inu are also interesting. Sounds like the ball is in Inu's court.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Like Aus reps such as

and State reps such as

that we let go

Completely different scenario to our current administration.

Joely01

Bench
My question is-If he was on around 300k for another few years why would he leave with all his injuries unless was getting paid the same? And why would the dogs want to take that risk of paying him that amount?

Something doesn't seem right.Unless there was disciplinary reasons and parra gave him a tap on shoulder.If not id say we are paying part his wage.

Also BA is working on trying to get our cap free enough to be able to sign one or two players for next year. Paying someone who is consistently injured isn't helping that

Gronk

Staff member
Hasler invested in TRex which (kinda) worked out for him. Sounds like he's prepared to take the punt with Loko too.

I'll be surprised if Loko ends up as a top 50 player TBH. I wish him well nonetheless.

Joely01

Bench
Like Aus reps such as

and State reps such as

that we let go

Honestly, it's about time some of our fans moved on.

You can't keep them all.

Personally i am very happy with the juniors coming through the system, the future is very bright for this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts