What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
Thinking more like Gower.

Though Ualesi can't be kept out of first grade for much longer, We just can't have to much inexperience in the forwards. Its been our downfall for some time.

Don't forget Tanginoa needs to come back into first grade soon as well, this guy is a beast.

He is and will be a prop, similar to a young Moimoi.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Josh Mc Guire is very very close to his father. His father is a very very die hard parra supporter.
When his father was away with the army he had parra games taped for him.
As a consequence Josh grew up in a parra household and as a fan.
All things being equal and considering Corey is now with the eels - the eels are in with a great shot if they want him.

i believe his old man is good mates with bert. would hope kenny is in his ear

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
well he wasn't right - cos he just said it was ALL about backending their deals :lol: :lol:

#sillypou

I'm sure I'm right. Wait until 2017 when Muggleton is our chairman, Sheens is the coach, and they're whinging about the back-ended contracts inherited from the previous management.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I'm sure I'm right. Wait until 2017 when Muggleton is our chairman, Sheens is the coach, and they're whinging about the back-ended contracts inherited from the previous management.

Yep I was thinking exactly the same thing. The current guys always can do no wrong and the previous guys have always f**ked it up.

hindy111

Post Whore
So long term our backline could look like this

1 Hayne - 26
2 Semi -21
3 Vai - 21
4 Hoppa - 21
5 Goodall - 20

Where would that leave a guy like Nathan Davis.The guys above are all very young and could play first grade for a long time.( Bar Hayne ) If Vai was to turn out the goods and has been signed lng term? Im guessing he isn't on a lot so if this does happen we can let hoppa go ( if davis is ready in 2015 )

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And if the 'academy' is any good we will have to let go of plenty of promising youngsters.

Don't assume all the quality young blokes at the club will still be here in two or three years. The important thing is to keep churning out new ones. They're not guaranteed first graders for the next decade, they're just more options.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah I know. WTF happened to Connor Broadhurst ? Slipped between the cracks it seems.

We brought him into the 'academy', tested him, and moved him on. He has been replaced in the NYC lineup with a better (and younger) player in Nathan Davis. That's how the 'academy' works.

You'll also note that Connor Broadhurst is good enough for some other merkin's NYC side - he has played every game this year. Of course he won't ever play first grade, but neither will most NYC players, including most of ours. You don't know until you bring them in and try them out but.

#'academy'

Gronk

Staff member
We brought him into the 'academy', tested him, and moved him on. He has been replaced in the NYC lineup with a better (and younger) player in Nathan Davis. That's how the 'academy' works.

You'll also note that Connor Broadhurst is good enough for some other merkin's NYC side - he has played every game this year. Of course he won't ever play first grade, but neither will most NYC players, including most of ours. You don't know until you bring them in and try them out but.

#'academy'

There kinda like racehorses at the yearling sales. You buy a dozen and hope that one starts at Randwick one day. Agree ?

Chipmunk

Coach
Allgood and Morgan to Raiders. Come on Sticky - take them off our hands.

If we can offload Allgood I think do it NOW. If we can get a suitable replacement for Morgan then it might be time to move him on at the end of the year.

Avenger

Immortal
If we can offload Allgood I think do it NOW. If we can get a suitable replacement for Morgan then it might be time to move him on at the end of the year.

Morgan is like a Blake Ayshford who is like Joel Reddy. At least Vai has some power and tackle busting ability. Allgood is like a big Chris Armit.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Morgan won't be a huge loss considering we have just re-signed Vai and have Davis and Falonk Jr at the club. Knowing sticky he would have re-signed him on overs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts