What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjaycee

Coach
You really think he came over from England for that sort of money??? I'd reckon knowing Ricky he was offered at least 400k. i mean we offered a nuffie like Santi top 25 money.

All I know is what I was told.
Him and Hock were no more than $250k combined was my mail at the time.

And Top 25 money could be $85k if there are lots at the top end. :crazy:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Exactly. In most squads the 25th highest paid player would only be on a token amount more than the 26th-30th highest paid (i.e. the 25th highest paid player has to be on at least minimum salary, which generally means he won't be on much more than that). The biggest difference is which salary cap he counts under.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Stick with the cabbage.
I am a Dr, and can assure you that the flatulence is normal. The diet will rest your metabolism, and 1 week later you will be thankful. Be sure to eat a balanced diet after you finish.

I'm not letting you touch me with a stethoscope, Dr. ME...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
All I know is what I was told.
Him and Hock were no more than $250k combined was my mail at the time.

So you really believe that two International forwards were coming out to Australia for 125k each??? Just above minimum wage??? When guys barely worth first grade like Ryan and Harrison were on double that amount. Maybe your mailman was on the piss.

And Santi being in the top 25 ahead of anyone let alone a talent like Junior Paulo only proves my point, Stuart had no f**king idea.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So the INU announcement will come soon.

Not necessarily.

Why didnt Loko wait till next year?

Bit like when Tonga left as Leks and Simba were our centres and the Judas pisses off and we lost 2 centres and Tonga became an Oz rep.

We agreed to let Loko go and I'm sure Tonga would have stayed if we'd wanted him.

The fact is we have three centres contracted for next year - Hopoate, Morgan and Toutai. Ideally you have six outside backs in your top 25, with at least three able to play wing and at least three able to play centre. We might yet bring another centre in but Morgan is too good (and probably on too much coin) to be a fulltime backup. Other outside backs contracted for next year are Radradra, Goodall and Faraimo. I'm not sure if Goodall is in next year's top 25 but we would have had to have offered something to get him to leave Manly. I'm guessing Faraimo will remain outside the top 25 next year. Plus we are probably looking to re-sign Folau and possibly Lavaka into the fulltime squad (top 25 plus second tier players) next year. We really have no room for Willie Tonga; whatever we'd pay him would give diminishing returns considering all the other options already contracted (or likely to be).

Getting rid of Loko was a great move even if he comes back to become a genuine first grader. He was just surplus to requirements here.

phantom eel

First Grade
So you really believe that two International forwards were coming out to Australia for 125k each??? Just above minimum wage??? When guys barely worth first grade like Ryan and Harrison were on double that amount. Maybe your mailman was on the piss.

And Santi being in the top 25 ahead of anyone let alone a talent like Junior Paulo only proves my point, Stuart had no f**king idea.
I thought the legendary Nolan was in charge of recruitment... or is that only the recruitment that turns out good?

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

It just means he got Paulo to re-sign on the cheap. As for Santi, you have to admit we are light on for edge forwards this year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I thought the legendary Nolan was in charge of recruitment... or is that only the recruitment that turns out good?
All i know is Santi was here because Stuart was a massive fan and we offered him a top 25 spot and more than the Tigers were willing to offer, the Tigers have had a host of injuries in the forwards and he still hasn't got a look in.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It just means he got Paulo to re-sign on the cheap. As for Santi, you have to admit we are light on for edge forwards this year.
Was Santi really needed when we had Edwards,Ulalesi, Pauli and Kelepi all at the club??? Throw in Mau as well, we all know that Sticky has a fetish for back rowers.

oldmancraigy

Coach
All i know is Santi was here because Stuart was a massive fan and we offered him a top 25 spot and more than the Tigers were willing to offer, the Tigers have had a host of injuries in the forwards and he still hasn't got a look in.

That is because he has been playing like crap.
He looked great in u20s last season. But you dont play the following season unless you play well in that season.

Every team has to have a player on minimum salary in their top 25, why not poach a standout 20s player from another club for the money? He didnt prevent us signing anyone else, and we are rid of him, so no harm done.

IFR33K

Coach
Yeah, his $120k will get us a good quality replacement.

Lol. U attacked hindy only two days ago asking for proof of players salaries. And then u post an absolute ridiculous amount yourself. There is no way mossop came all this way for 125k. Lol

emjaycee

Coach
Lol. U attacked hindy only two days ago asking for proof of players salaries. And then u post an absolute ridiculous amount yourself. There is no way mossop came all this way for 125k. Lol

Mate I have made no secret of where my mail has come from over the last 3 years. I can't help you or others to decide whether to believe it or not. I can just post based on what I have been told.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That is because he has been playing like crap.
He looked great in u20s last season. But you dont play the following season unless you play well in that season.

Every team has to have a player on minimum salary in their top 25, why not poach a standout 20s player from another club for the money? He didnt prevent us signing anyone else, and we are rid of him, so no harm done.
I would have no problem with that if we didn't have better options here at the club, he was a dud not surprising as he was a Ricky signing.

IFR33K

Coach
Mate I have made no secret of where my mail has come from over the last 3 years. I can't help you or others to decide whether to believe it or not. I can just post based on what I have been told.

I have never doubted u till now. But what gives u the right to question another posters figures, when u are throwing some out there as well.

Maybe it's a good thing Nolan left. He leaks more than an Indonesian boat.

emjaycee

Coach
I have never doubted u till now. But what gives u the right to question another posters figures, when u are throwing some out there as well.

Maybe it's a good thing Nolan left. He leaks more than an Indonesian boat.

'cause the other poster has never named a source of any repute. If and when he does (or when he supplies copies of contracts) I will happily refrain from questioning him. :D

IFR33K

Coach
'cause the other poster has never named a source of any repute. If and when he does (or when he supplies copies of contracts) I will happily refrain from questioning him. :D

So why don't you ask your 'source' what those salaries are and correct hindy if he's wrong.

Or is being a smartase the only way some people know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts