What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjaycee

Coach
Anyway are we looking to replace Tonga? Plenty of experience gone. Is Inu on the radar ?

INU would be a capable replacement but we would need to consider how another experienced centre would impact the overall balance of the squad and in particular the number of "three-quarter" players that we have in the top 25.

I don't know what the right number is but Hoppa, Morgs, Vai, Semi, Hunt, Sio, and I am sure someone I have forgotten are all in top 25 this year and with Tonga make up 7/25 spots. Is that too heavy? Replacing Tonga with INU would keep this (im)balance assuming Sio stays and doesnt allow us to upgrade any of the young'uns such as Folau.

Avenger

Immortal
If we keep Hoppa long term I can see the reason for not pursuing Inu especially with Davis. Vai and Morgan being possible replacements.

Avenger

Immortal
Nothing surer. Otherwise why keep him in the squad?

We have enough outside backs contracted for next year without signing Inu or re-signing Sio.

I don't think Sio will be re-signed. I hope Jo Paulo isn't either but suspect Hayne may influence Arthur to the contrary. I hear the assistant coaches rate Jo Paulo highly. :?:shock:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Sio played centre in under 20's I think, could he also develop into a back up option at centre? If so could be worth re-signing him.

emjaycee

Coach
Nothing surer. Otherwise why keep him in the squad?

We have enough outside backs contracted for next year without signing Inu or re-signing Sio.

Signed or not, are they capable of getting us to semi-final football so Hayne, Hoppa, Sandow and Peats can take us all the way?

Gronk

Staff member
Sio played centre in under 20's I think, could he also develop into a back up option at centre? If so could be worth re-signing him.

Have you ever seen Sio beat a man ? Good finisher from 15m out, but otherwise ...

Avenger

Immortal
Yeah why not? Some pretty ordinary outside backs have won premierships.

Yeah but those other teams usually had top notch halves or forwards. We just have a great fullback and a relatively young inexperienced side.

We need to chase DCE or Foran or hope that Matterson is the next Brad Fittler if we are serious about winning a comp.

I'd even let Hoppa go if it meant getting a player like DCE.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah but those other teams usually had top notch halves or forwards. We just have a great fullback and a relatively young inexperienced side.

We definitely need better forwards. I think our spine is good enough.

We need to chase DCE or Foran or hope that Matterson is the next Brad Fittler if we are serious about winning a comp.

I'd even let Hoppa go if it meant getting a player like DCE.

Well Cherry-Evans is off contract at the end of next year and we only have these players contracted for 2016:

De Gois
Edwards
Hunt
Ma'u
Mannah
Matterson
Mossop
Norman
Paulo
Peats
Radradra
Toutai

If we can fill the rest of the squad with cheapies (#'academy') we will have plenty to throw at two or three overpaid stars.

hindy111

Post Whore
IMO Inu would be a good signing.Value for money wise.

As far as my player contracts go I just guess.But it really isn't that hard.Its supply and demand and hype and position plus age.
When Loko signed he was playing great and looked like his injuries where past him.And we where desperate.No doubt was on decent coin.
Now we are not so desperate we could probably sign guys for 15-20% less than 12 mths ago.
If we only paid 120K for mossop I think that's a bargain.I would of guessed 250.

Status
Not open for further replies.