What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
It's not offensive if seen in context with Ram's comments.

Twiz will can it if need be.

hindy111

Post Whore
The question is will we be stronger than last years squad? We need to hope these young guys come good.There is nothing to suggest Pauli Tanginoa and co fluff out to nothing.I doubt it but it does happen.If so we are in huge trouble.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The key for us is leadership not talent. We have as much talent as any squad. What we have lacked for a long time is sufficient leadership in the playing group.

Chipmunk

Coach
The key for us is leadership not talent. We have as much talent as any squad. What we have lacked for a long time is sufficient leadership in the playing group.

Given that we don't appear to be developing that leadership, where do you see it coming from in the immediate future?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Given that we don't appear to be developing that leadership, where do you see it coming from in the immediate future?

We obviously need to buy it. I think we have ample off field leadership but lack hard merkins to provide a bit on the field. Hopefully the return of Peats, Ma'u and Edwards, and the signing of Danny Wicks and mad merkins like that should toughen us up under adversity.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
I know I have said it before, but I'll say it again. We need 2 or 3 more white guys in the team that are of the aggressive kind. We have to many islanders in the team who are fantastic players but are not 80 min defensive or focused hardnuts.

Or if we add more islanders they need to be of the Jeremy Smith mold, which are much harder to come by.

Until we address this problem, we will never become consistent or a winning team.

Look at the Dogs, they have almost the perfect balance, we need to follow suit.

Does anyone know who would be suitable and available? Is Tim Brown available? He is exactly the kind I am talking about.

Well said....

emjaycee

Coach
Watmough would be a good onfield leader me thinks.

And if he can stay on the paddock and gets to his true form, I reckon we have one in Mossop.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agree 100% on Watmough. He's no longer a rep quality player but he'd be a decent signing (not a good signing because we'd be paying a bit too much) for his on-field leadership.

Chipmunk

Coach
Agree 100% on Watmough. He's no longer a rep quality player but he'd be a decent signing (not a good signing because we'd be paying a bit too much) for his on-field leadership.

Shit, a weeks is a long time in rugby league. Watmough has gone from being a State of Origin player to no longer a rep quality player in a week...

I'm thinking Watmough will still be part of Daley and Fulton's plans in 2015.

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
We obviously need to buy it. I think we have ample off field leadership but lack hard merkins to provide a bit on the field. Hopefully the return of Peats, Ma'u and Edwards, and the signing of Danny Wicks and mad merkins like that should toughen us up under adversity.

Seems to be alot on the 'hope' there Poupou.

I'm not sure were in a position to be buying any leadership in the immediate future, unless we can offload a few non-leaders...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Shit, a weeks is a long time in rugby league. Watmough has gone from being a State of Origin player to no longer a rep quality player in a week...

Plenty of NSW players (and even a couple of QLDers) aren't rep quality. If they only picked rep quality players they wouldn't be able to fill the team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Seems to be alot on the 'hope' there Poupou.

Well I applied for the coaching job and got knocked back. What else can a fan do but hope?

I'm not sure were in a position to be buying any leadership in the immediate future, unless we can offload a few non-leaders...

I don't think so either but we have arseholed a few players from next year's cap.

Anyway, I reckon we have a few hard nuts in the team already. A couple are injured, a couple have been in and out of the team through injury and suspension, and all are relatively inexperienced. Here's hoping they can stay on the field in 2015. Or if you don't like hope you could always stick with death-riding them.

He'll probably be there in 2015 and it will probably be his last. Along with Gallen and Lewis.

Status
Not open for further replies.