What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
DCE isn't off contract until 2016, how in the hell are we under cap restraints when just about the whole squad if off contract at the end of next year??? As i said in the earlier in the thread sounds like more utter BS.

It is bullshit. Just more speculation to stir up the fans and get them clicking on articles.

These are the only guys contracted for 2016:

De Gois
Edwards
Hunt
Ma'u
Mannah
Matterson
Mossop
Norman
Paulo Jr
Peats
Radradra
Toutai

There's no way we could be anywhere near the 2016 cap ($6.8M) with those 12 players.

Delboy

First Grade
Pou, quite correct, talking to some people it is 2016 when the club will have a better position in the free agent market.

They are trying to juggle 2015 to get some space, looks like journalist was thinking 2015 and taking it further than needed

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We heard the same thing last year Del, and the year before that and the year before that.

Sick of the same stories and we continue to go nowhere, not having a go at you Del just sick of hearing the same old same old.

bartman

Immortal
DCE in 2016... should we be concerned about the apparent rift between him and senior players at his current club? Does it bode well for how he might get on with some of our senior players if he come across - or are we assuming that we'd lose Hayne elsewhere by 2016 as well?

Delboy

First Grade
Hiney, we have had a succession of idiot coaches, I trust what I am hearing and I believe Seward and BA have a plan to get it under control. The younger players are going to make the club , and the work being done will put the club on an even keel

I did hear that until this year, the cap was done by shall we say someone relatively inexperienced and RS lost interest. Trust the guys we have now, they are telling it as it is, and have a plan to correct it asap

yy_cheng

Coach
It is bullshit. Just more speculation to stir up the fans and get them clicking on articles.

De Gois
Edwards
Hunt
Ma'u
Mannah
Matterson
Mossop
Norman
Paulo Jr
Peats
Radradra
Toutai

There's no way we could be anywhere near the 2016 cap ($6.8M) with those 12 players.

QUite a few big names off contract at end of 2015

Gallen
Matai
SKD
Darius Boyd
Billy
K Foran
JWH
Guerra
McQueen
Nate Myles
Thaiday
Watmough
DCE

Jarryd
Hoppa

Chipmunk

Coach
Wasn't Sandow's 4 year deal suppose to be heavily back ended?

So I'm guessing also that everyone who is now off contract at the end of this season is out the door now?

Are we any chance of getting rid of any more players currently under contract for 2015 and beyond?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hiney, we have had a succession of idiot coaches, I trust what I am hearing and I believe Seward and BA have a plan to get it under control. The younger players are going to make the club , and the work being done will put the club on an even keel

I did hear that until this year, the cap was done by shall we say someone relatively inexperienced and RS lost interest. Trust the guys we have now, they are telling it as it is, and have a plan to correct it asap
Cheers Del, i wasn't having a go ay you mate but we have been hearing the same story since 2010. Hopefully the people we have in charge now have a plan and are capable of implementing it. But i do think now we finally have a coach now who is capable of attracting some decent talent and turning us into a force down the track.

Chipmunk

Coach

De Gois
Edwards
Hunt
Ma'u
Mannah
Matterson
Mossop
Norman
Paulo Jr
Peats
Radradra
Toutai

Wasn't Mossop only a 2 year deal?

Looks like our team will look very different in 2016 if that's all we have signed. A few of those are only back up players really.

Chipmunk

Coach
QUite a few big names off contract at end of 2015

Gallen
Matai
SKD
Darius Boyd
Billy
K Foran
JWH
Guerra
McQueen
Nate Myles
Thaiday
Watmough
DCE

Jarryd
Hoppa

Too many State Of Origin players in that list. I don't think you can carry any more than 3 Origin players at the very most. We already have 2

Chipmunk

Coach
2 of the three articles above seem to contradict each other.

How does a team that is paying $750k for players not at the Club, only has 21 players on the NRL pay roll and say that the situation is not likely to improve for 2015, is then some how in a position where they are considering buying another player and are willing to buy-out a large chunk of the players heavily back-ended deal for next year, which is apparently worth $970k!

This makes no logical sense whatsoever...

yy_cheng

Coach
There's actually quite alot of fullbacks ending contract

Darius Boyd
Billy
Jarryd
Ben Barba
Anthony Milford

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cheers Del, i wasn't having a go ay you mate but we have been hearing the same story since 2010. Hopefully the people we have in charge now have a plan and are capable of implementing it. But i do think now we finally have a coach now who is capable of attracting some decent talent and turning us into a force down the track.

The difference now is we finally have a number of NYC graduates in the fulltime squad plus another bunch ready to graduate in the next year or two. These guys would be a fair bit cheaper than if we'd had to sign them from outside the club - look at Junior Paulo compared to Brenden Santi.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The difference now is we finally have a number of NYC graduates in the fulltime squad plus another bunch ready to graduate in the next year or two. These guys would be a fair bit cheaper than if we'd had to sign them from outside the club - look at Junior Paulo compared to Brenden Santi.
That is also true Pou #academy

Plus finally having a coach here for more than 2 years in a row would be a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts