What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

unKwn

Juniors
He’s very good. He won plenty of tournaments to get signed.

check his twitch channel out.

It would be a ridiculous gimmick signing, not people in that world do not care about rugby league.
I only remember him playing and streaming in the 2020 lockdown days when the comp was paused. Idk about now

Original Name

Juniors
Luai is also a professional gamer with “Mind Freak” one of Australia’s biggest e-sports team.

He will have no issues making money outside of footy.
His thing is shooters. Pro gamers like that have a shelf life. It's not like other sports where you can compensate with slowed reflexes by reading body language to predict where things will go to a degree. Say some boxers can go on at a high level to 40 or older but as a pro gamer in that genre you need the reflexes you start to lose when you're in your mid 30s.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
His thing is shooters. Pro gamers like that have a shelf life. It's not like other sports where you can compensate with slowed reflexes by reading body language to predict where things will go to a degree. Say some boxers can go on at a high level to 40 or older but as a pro gamer in that genre you need the reflexes you start to lose when you're in your mid 30s.

Yeah thanks, I’m well aware of what it takes.

He plays COD and League, he’ll have a guaranteed revenue stream well into his thirties.

age.s

First Grade
There's some truth to this, as our reflexes declining with age isn't in question, but its very game dependent. Rapha and Cooler are still at the top of the Quake scene and both are in their mid 30s. I dont know much about COD but with most shooters you need a baseline level of precision, after which factors like strategy/teamwork/comms/leadership become the deciding factors. Most pro gamers retire in their mid/late 20s (or earlier) but there are generally other factors around that, most notably how top heavy the market is and how priorities tend to shift for men coming into that stage of their lives.

A bigger question is whether his chosen game will still be around, you see many pros in their mid/late 30s still playing the game they came up with, but transitioning from one game to another is very hard. Older games like Quake, Warcraft 3, Brood War and DotA all have big players who are considerably older, cause they just kept going.

Original Name

Juniors
That’s hilarious

the wannabe gangster is actually a gamer hahaha
A wanna be gangsta? I think you mistook his "gang sign" for something else mate. W also used as a symbol for people who live in The Area/from The Area. The W obviously represented Greater Western Sydney.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
A wanna be gangsta? I think you mistook his "gang sign" for something else mate. W also used as a symbol for people who live in The Area/from The Area. The W obviously represented Greater Western Sydney.
Ummmm…. It actually represents “Win”… he says “Just happy to get the W” all the time..

Thats what he means

age.s

First Grade
I reckon Laurie would be worth a punt irrespective of whether we lose either Dyl or Jarome. He'd come cheap and likely be desperate enough to get out of the hole that is the modern Tigers that he'd play cup. He'd be solid depth in a couple of key positions and maintain performance pressure on both incumbents and kids coming through.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I reckon Laurie would be worth a punt irrespective of whether we lose either Dyl or Jarome. He'd come cheap and likely be desperate enough to get out of the hole that is the modern Tigers that he'd play cup. He'd be solid depth in a couple of key positions and maintain performance pressure on both incumbents and kids coming through.
He's shown to be an unprofessional dickhead and he doesn't have a level of talent to risk that on. Hard pass

Kilkenny

Coach
He's shown to be an unprofessional dickhead and he doesn't have a level of talent to risk that on. Hard pass
Daine Laurie is actually a really nice kid.

I think we have to be really careful around who we recruit with whatever limited funds we may have available so I don’t think fullback is an area we would be spending money on.

Im sure the brains trust have a plan, they need one, with Spencer and Stephen C moving on.