What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

GowersDallyM

Juniors
So once again we lose Api Kikau Spencer and Critter plus afew others and gain Garner, Hoskings, Peachy and Cogger. I think keeping Martin was a bad idea especially if on good coin.

Iamback

Coach
The NRL need to make public what players are paid. It’s pretty simple. There is absolutely no reason for the secrecy. Every club is required to spend 90% or so of the cap but the disparity around what some clubs have, and continue to bring in is just farcical. Just make it public and it can do away with all the bullshit and speculation.

That won't change anything. Off field is where the money is to be made

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Looking at our schedule over the next few weeks it's kinda unfair that we've had to play Rabbits, Roosters and Brisbane all twice before found 14

WestyLife

First Grade
That’s BS. Jack even at unders is gonna be on 900k or more. Look at the Bunnies roster probably the equal of ours and they somehow bring in a marquee player. He may have accepted less to go to the Bunnies but he should be 1.1 million on there cap because that is what was on the table from elesewhere.

Difference is Panthers players are valued higher having won comps and be rep players for both state and country. The rosters aren't at all comparable.

Exsilium

Coach
It bothers me that playing origin and international games have a direct bearing on club value. 3 origin games and infrequent international commitments every year shouldn't be driving up the salary of a player.

Ricky Stuart would argue that you need "origin" players but it all comes back to quality and if you compared the international players, who don't qualify for origin selection, are they as expensive?

Winning premierships and being a consistent player, with stand-out abilities, should be what dictates the salary.

Kilkenny

Coach
Difference is Panthers players are valued higher having won comps and be rep players for both state and country. The rosters aren't at all comparable.
That’s rubbish. Forget the Roosters, they enjoy a licence to have an unlimited salary cap, but look at South’s just assign a reasonable value to each of the players that make up there top 30 and I suggest to you there is little difference Between us and them currently.

WestyLife

First Grade
That’s rubbish. Forget the Roosters, they enjoy a licence to have an unlimited salary cap, but look at South’s just assign a reasonable value to each of the players that make up there top 30 and I suggest to you there is little difference Between us and them currently.

Nonsense. Our halves are both Cleary and Luai dual premiership winners. They have two who haven't won anything. Want to continue?

Kilkenny

Coach
Nonsense. Our halves are both Cleary and Luai dual premiership winners. They have two who haven't won anything. Want to continue?
Alright let’s do the maths, these are very conservative figures based on what’s out there in the media;

Latrell Mitchell $875,000. New 4 year deal from end of this season so it is at the very least going to be $1m plus.

Alex Johnson $500,000.
Isiah Tass unknown as I can’t find a figure. Say $250,000.
Campbell Graham $600,000. Will increase.
Tanaa Milne $200,000. Isaac Thompson can’t find a figure.
Cody Walker $600,000.
Lachlan Ilias $350,000. Likely to be higher.
Tevita Tevola $500,000.
Damian Cook $900,000.
Jai Arrow $800,000.
Keon Kolomatangi $550,000. Likely to be increased.
Jacob Host $250,000.
Cameron Murray $850,000.
Thomas Burgess $700,000.

When you the add in the back up players of which I cant be bothered to try and find articles around there current salary you have the likes of Moale, Sele, Taffe, Hawkins, Lovett, Knight (found an article suggesting he was in $500k), Havili. Latrell s brother Shaquai. There are another seven players at least to round out the top 30.

At the most conservative estimates, a quick search the top 17 of the Bunnies would come in somewhere around 8.5 million. Plenty of high quality depth players to take up the money remaining in there cap.

It is now confirmed they have acquired a marquee signing in Jack Weightin on a 3.6 million four year deal.

Nonsense you reckon. Dont worry about us, tell Raiders, Tigers, Dragons and a number of other clubs fans it’s all nonsense.

soc123_au

Staff member
Alright let’s do the maths, these are very conservative figures based on what’s out there in the media;

Latrell Mitchell $875,000. New 4 year deal from end of this season so it is at the very least going to be $1m plus.

Alex Johnson $500,000.
Isiah Tass unknown as I can’t find a figure. Say $250,000.
Campbell Graham $600,000. Will increase.
Tanaa Milne $200,000. Isaac Thompson can’t find a figure.
Cody Walker $600,000.
Lachlan Ilias $350,000. Likely to be higher.
Tevita Tevola $500,000.
Damian Cook $900,000.
Jai Arrow $800,000.
Keon Kolomatangi $550,000. Likely to be increased.
Jacob Host $250,000.
Cameron Murray $850,000.
Thomas Burgess $700,000.

When you the add in the back up players of which I cant be bothered to try and find articles around there current salary you have the likes of Moale, Sele, Taffe, Hawkins, Lovett, Knight (found an article suggesting he was in $500k), Havili. Latrell s brother Shaquai. There are another seven players at least to round out the top 30.

At the most conservative estimates, a quick search the top 17 of the Bunnies would come in somewhere around 8.5 million. Plenty of high quality depth players to take up the money remaining in there cap.

It is now confirmed they have acquired a marquee signing in Jack Weightin on a 3.6 million four year deal.

Nonsense you reckon. Dont worry about us, tell Raiders, Tigers, Dragons and a number of other clubs fans it’s all nonsense.
Cody would have to be more than 600k. Tass could be less being one they bought through, depends when he last signed I suppose.

Kilkenny

Coach
Cody would have to be more than 600k. Tass could be less being one they bought through, depends when he last signed I suppose.
I was trying to be very conservative and $600,000 was the only figure I could find. But it goes to my point, we are losing marquee players, in addition to numerous other quality players and juniors, with apparently no ability or money to bring in anyone of quality. We now find ourselves in the on going situation of whether we can afford to retain certain players. At the same time one of our nearest competitors with an equally expensive roster are able to recruit a million dollar marquee signing. There is something seriously wrong even if Westy Life can’t see it.

WestyLife

First Grade
I was trying to be very conservative and $600,000 was the only figure I could find. But it goes to my point, we are losing marquee players, in addition to numerous other quality players and juniors, with apparently no ability or money to bring in anyone of quality. We now find ourselves in the on going situation of whether we can afford to retain certain players. At the same time one of our nearest competitors with an equally expensive roster are able to recruit a million dollar marquee signing. There is something seriously wrong even if Westy Life can’t see it.

Let's ignore that you don't know the figures, a phrase you love when it comes to Panthers players, plus they just lost Reynolds and replaced him with a rookie. The rosters aren't comparable at all and Wighton isn't worth $1m.

Iamback

Coach

How many of those guys will leave for him? Same situation as the Dogs. Teams can sign players and make the room later

From that list you posted.

Burgess, Host, Tass ( As Wighton will be a centre) will all go. The squad will be very top heavy an lack depth

Kilkenny

Coach

These are your statements in response of rather innocuous post that I made.

With a little google searching I provided evidence that there isn’t really much difference in the salary cap value of the team that we out it in comparison to the salary cap value of one of our main rivals.

As you are prone to do, you have chosen to ignore the facts and shoot the messenger so I am happy to continue.

It you want to debate an argument then perhaps you would be better served providing evidence in support of your argument rather than making generic personal attacks on
a fan who is attempting to raise legitimate concerns around the inequity of the salary cap.

Kilkenny

Coach

These are your statements in response of rather innocuous post that I made.

With a little google searching I provided evidence that there isn’t really much difference in the salary cap value of the team that we out it in comparison to the salary cap value if one of our main rivals.

As you are prone to do, you have chosen to ignore the facts and shoot the messenger so I am happy to continue.

Latest posts