What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Daine Laurie is actually a really nice kid.

I think we have to be really careful around who we recruit with whatever limited funds we may have available so I don’t think fullback is an area we would be spending money on.

Im sure the brains trust have a plan, they need one, with Spencer and Stephen C moving on.
Still not sold on our hookers at the moment. Plus Luke has been subbed twice now. I would like to give Sommerson a shit before we go to market. In regards to Spencer, I would be trying TPJ

Kilkenny

Coach
Still not sold on our hookers at the moment. Plus Luke has been subbed twice now. I would like to give Sommerson a shit before we go to market. In regards to Spencer, I would be trying TPJ
We just can’t afford TPJ.

Luke Summerton has done well in his limited NSW Cup appearances but there is a huge step up to NRL level, not quite sure he is at the required level. Probably best to see how he is going after a full season in the NSW Cup before making a determination on whether he should be persevered with.

We just can’t afford TPJ.

Luke Summerton has done well in his limited NSW Cup appearances but there is a huge step up to NRL level, not quite sure he is at the required level. Probably best to see how he is going after a full season in the NSW Cup before making a determination on whether he should be persevered with.
I understand TPJ would be out of our range, but we gotta look outside the club to replace him. Another option maybe is to start Smith and leota on the bench for the 1st 20.

Kilkenny

Coach
I understand TPJ would be out of our range, but we gotta look outside the club to replace him. Another option maybe is to start Smith and leota on the bench for the 1st 20.
I don’t have the answers mate, the salary cap seems to be biting us harder than anyone else. It doesn’t seem to restrict certain other clubs from bringing in marquee signings, not blaming our management, the sums just don’t seem to add up to me.

I don’t have the answers mate, the salary cap seems to be biting us harder than anyone else. It doesn’t seem to restrict certain other clubs from bringing in marquee signings, not blaming our management, the sums just don’t seem to add up to me.
I kinda do blame management, they should have prioritise certain areas. The cap is going up every year. The system is flawed I agree.

Kilkenny

Coach
I kinda do blame management, they should have prioritise certain areas. The cap is going up every year. The system is flawed I agree.
I know some of our fans feel frustrated because we were kinda led to believe we were in a good position to retain Api and Viliame but both left. Spencer and Stephen C also leaving and when you add the above to the exodus of junior talent fans can perhaps rightly question where we are headed. We are now going thru the same with Jerome and Dylan and while I think we will and should be able to retain both until they are signed sealed and delivered we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves that’s for sure. I’m in the frustrated camp, don’t blame management, but we have to somehow stop the slide and have a plan going forward to address issues within our roster. I think Zac Hosking has been a great pickup for this season, probably need another couple of incomings like him for 2024.

age.s

First Grade
Luke's issue isn't whether he has the ability to play NRL, its whether his body is up to it. If it is, we don't need Sommerton, if it isn't then there'll be an opportunity either way.

Also Luke was last years Cup player of the year, so replacing him on the basis of decent cup form this year seems counter intuitive.

I know some of our fans feel frustrated because we were kinda led to believe we were in a good position to retain Api and Viliame but both left. Spencer and Stephen C also leaving and when you add the above to the exodus of junior talent fans can perhaps rightly question where we are headed. We are now going thru the same with Jerome and Dylan and while I think we will and should be able to retain both until they are signed sealed and delivered we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves that’s for sure. I’m in the frustrated camp, don’t blame management, but we have to somehow stop the slide and have a plan going forward to address issues within our roster. I think Zac Hosking has been a great pickup for this season, probably need another couple of incomings like him for 2024.
Hosking work rate suits our side and is much needed. Fantastic pick up

Luke's issue isn't whether he has the ability to play NRL, its whether his body is up to it. If it is, we don't need Sommerton, if it isn't then there'll be an opportunity either way.

Also Luke was last years Cup player of the year, so replacing him on the basis of decent cup form this year seems counter intuitive.
Luke has been benched after coming on 2 games in a row. 1 time he looked unwell. His body is the issue your right. The club took a big risk. I like Kenny but not at 9.

Fangs

Coach
Seriously the NRL need to make transparent what players are paid. It is the only way the game can move forward. The salary cap is a farce, it really is.

In this case I imagine his mates have his salary covered. What do you do about that?

Kilkenny

Coach
In this case I imagine his mates have his salary covered. What do you do about that?
The NRL need to make public what players are paid. It’s pretty simple. There is absolutely no reason for the secrecy. Every club is required to spend 90% or so of the cap but the disparity around what some clubs have, and continue to bring in is just farcical. Just make it public and it can do away with all the bullshit and speculation.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The NRL need to make public what players are paid. It’s pretty simple. There is absolutely no reason for the secrecy. Every club is required to spend 90% or so of the cap but the disparity around what some clubs have, and continue to bring in is just farcical. Just make it public and it can do away with all the bullshit and speculation.
It would change very little really. 3rd party deals are where the cash is and no way in the world they'll ever be made available

Kilkenny

Coach
It would change very little really. 3rd party deals are where the cash is and no way in the world they'll ever be made available
That’s BS. Jack even at unders is gonna be on 900k or more. Look at the Bunnies roster probably the equal of ours and they somehow bring in a marquee player. He may have accepted less to go to the Bunnies but he should be 1.1 million on there cap because that is what was on the table from elesewhere.

Latest posts