What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

we should always be looking to better our squad - no matter what position or how we finished last season

1 injury can always disrupt a season
Perfect. Yes. In my opinion we need 2 players who are NRL ready and players to replace Matt Eisenhuth, Chris Smith and the likes off. But replace them with players who will be our future players to replace Yeo, Fisher-harris. There is a major gap between our best and next one's down.

$3Million contract extension for Dylan Edwards. Doesn't say how long, but would be min $850k a season and north of $900k

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-05-09-32-41-234-edit_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-05-09-32-41-234-edit_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 31
So many of the confirmed deals and rumours have us extending team members till the end of 2027. Is that an important date (ie cap extension extended at that time?).

I must admit feeling a little uneasy about the length of some of the contracts. It’s all well and good to lock in the 2022 champion team, but most of these players will be on the wrong end of 30 and on big contracts come the 2027 season.

My assumption would also be that having so many key players locked in for long contracts also reduces the ability to fully utilise our most important competitive advantage, our nursery and pathways.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Just another gossip columnist. I wonder if he writes half the stuff anymore, or he just asks managers to email his copy…

I agree. We as the plebs have no idea. If salarys were transparent......it would removed so much of this cloak and gossip mongering.

Some say it would breach the players privacy......

Most professions and careers, have all this type of thing out in the open. This I believe would be an improvement.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
So many of the confirmed deals and rumours have us extending team members till the end of 2027. Is that an important date (ie cap extension extended at that time?).

I must admit feeling a little uneasy about the length of some of the contracts. It’s all well and good to lock in the 2022 champion team, but most of these players will be on the wrong end of 30 and on big contracts come the 2027 season.

My assumption would also be that having so many key players locked in for long contracts also reduces the ability to fully utilise our most important competitive advantage, our nursery and pathways.

On the other side though, players are looking for job security......and if we don't offer decent length deals, other teams will and gazump us.

It's a difficult situation.

Whino

Bench

Could be a big void come 2027 if they all retire in one hit or go elsewhere. You don't want key players coming off al in one hit.
Ivan is off then too.

snickers007

Juniors

The 2027 players are: To'o, Yeo, Cleary and Leota
2026 is: Cole, Fisher-Harris and McLean

Soon to add Martin and Edwards to either 2026 or 2027.

Leaves 20 of our Top 30 off contract this year or next. Leaves a fair bit of flexibility to overhaul the roster if necessary.

The 2027 players are: To'o, Yeo, Cleary and Leota
2026 is: Cole, Fisher-Harris and McLean

Soon to add Martin and Edwards to either 2026 or 2027.

Leaves 20 of our Top 30 off contract this year or next. Leaves a fair bit of flexibility to overhaul the roster if necessary.
There is a lot of money in that top 10 though…

Latest posts