What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
Wade Egan the next Cameron Smith.

Well no one will ever reach those lofty heights.

Its a shame I guess we never quite afforded him the opportunities he was worthy but Api Koroisau was a master stroke and instrumental in our three GF appearances so it was the right decision in the end.

Never say never but I don’t think he will be coming back to us any time soon. He is going really well at the Warriors, HIA’s aside, and he will be on good coin far in excess of which we could offer him.

Kilkenny

Coach
Our main website still only lists 27 players in the NRL squad.

Liam Henry has been playing off the bench so he must be in the 30.

Do we still have two spots free for mid season acquisition or I am missing something.

We weren’t very good last weekend and we lost to a team we shouldn’t have but it is one game. Before that we had lost to Souths (who many have as premiership favourites alongside us) in the 78th minutes, last years losing grand finalist and the team running first. We have a number of good players to come back from and a number of the champions of the game who are proven winners who are down on form.

We aren’t where we want or need to be now, but it has just rolled into May. Can you honestly say there isn’t a fan base in the comp that wouldn’t swap their roster for ours?

Whino

Bench
Our main website still only lists 27 players in the NRL squad.

Liam Henry has been playing off the bench so he must be in the 30.

Do we still have two spots free for mid season acquisition or I am missing something.

28 filled by my count. 2 to fill.

If we get an exemption for May it will be 3 spots. Like the Dragons, exemptions leave the injured player in the top 30 but take it to 31.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Ben Hunt at hooker would be unreal...imagine the kicking threat alone with him kicking out of hooker keeping tons of pressure off Cleary.

I still think we need to look at offloading Luai as it would free up stacks of cash, if we keep him we will find it very hard to find a good 9, backrower and bench option and centre... Definitely need a gun 9 it's all we're missing this year and it's been proven how important Api was for tigers against us! It's a major position and having a slug out of there has really slowed us down.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Ben Hunt at hooker would be unreal...imagine the kicking threat alone with him kicking out of hooker keeping tons of pressure off Cleary.

I still think we need to look at offloading Luai as it would free up stacks of cash, if we keep him we will find it very hard to find a good 9, backrower and bench option and centre... Definitely need a gun 9 it's all we're missing this year and it's been proven how important Api was for tigers against us! It's a major position and having a slug out of there has really slowed us down.

I think letting go of Luai would be a huge mistake. I still have high hopes for Luke too, providing he can remain injury free.

Blade23

Juniors
What are there thoughts on the hooker position, certainly they can’t be happy with Kenny in the roll

As in the pre-season they are looking to for another Hooker to compliment the squad. There really isn't much quality available right now for 2024.
They are in the process of extending Luke.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
LU is on the nose atm.
Some bloke called Murray keeps ringing the club up every day offering his services ;)

Better than a bloke quite a few years back.....who used to ring and email almost daily with his latest suggestions.......:p. Back in the day when Shaun was the marketing manager.

This bloke used to have Shaun's number on speed dial too. :eek:

YoungPanther

Juniors
As in the pre-season they are looking to for another Hooker to compliment the squad. There really isn't much quality available right now for 2024.
I know Priddis has been helping with the 9's. Maybe we see if his 50 year old legs could do 6 months.

Bob

Juniors
Hi Blade, thanks for the reply, agree with the caliber of hookers out there, a good one is as they say as scarce as rocking horse dung,

Latest posts