What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Ben Hunt at hooker would be unreal...imagine the kicking threat alone with him kicking out of hooker keeping tons of pressure off Cleary.

I still think we need to look at offloading Luai as it would free up stacks of cash, if we keep him we will find it very hard to find a good 9, backrower and bench option and centre... Definitely need a gun 9 it's all we're missing this year and it's been proven how important Api was for tigers against us! It's a major position and having a slug out of there has really slowed us down.
Off loading Luai Any of Edwards, Luai, or Yeo would be an absolute disaster.

Is it? Luke was the best player in all of his Jnr teams, some of which included Nathan Cleary.

I’ll screen shot this post and re-post it in 12months… see if you still think it’s insane.
I hope you are right about Soni, I know it hasn't been long enough in the season, but in my eyes it doesn't seem he will cope. But I'll keep watching and see to make a final judgement.

Fangs

Coach
If there is any world where Soni Luke becomes a better player than Api Korisau it won't happen before he is 30 years old. He has a very long way to go.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
If there is any world where Soni Luke becomes a better player than Api Korisau it won't happen before he is 30 years old. He has a very long way to go.

I'll wait and see how he progress before writing his obituary and signing his death certificate.

No question Luke is sharp and quick out of dummy half. He won't be a clone or Api, nor should we as fans expect him to be.

I think I'll bookmark a couple of these doom and gloom posters for future reference.

It might make some interesting reading.

soc123_au

Staff member
27 is now almost 30??

I honestly think he will be better than Api by the end of next season.
More likely to win gold at the next Olympics in the womens figure skating.

Thats not a knock on him either, if he stays fit I think he is NRL quality, but better than Api? I just dont see it in him.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
More likely to win gold at the next Olympics in the womens figure skating.

Thats not a knock on him either, if he stays fit I think he is NRL quality, but better than Api? I just dont see it in him.
He’s managed to make himself the best player in every team he’s ever played in.

If he’s playing 60-70 minutes a game by the end of this season, has a full preseason, by the end of next season, the sky is the limit.