What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Luke Bowden

First Grade
48-4 scoreline says otherwise, bashed the fk out of lodge, terrorism at its finest, last time martin played returning from his injury was against the knights 15-16, martin played on the edge and wasnt terribly effective, until he can switch from left to right he should stay in the middle, im kinda liking hoskings on the left, martin needs to use his punch in the middle, him and Spenser would be insane off the bench
Hosking hasn’t played on the left?

Martin is the current NSW and Ksngaroo Back rower. Playing him anywhere else makes little sense, particularly off the bench.

betcats

Referee
Gotta admit I’m really warming to the idea of Martin in that middle rotation for this year atleast, it’s a sacrifice for Martin going back to the bench but If sorro can hold down that left edge fish Moses Spencer and Martin is such a good prop rotation. If soni can find his feet a bit more and work out how to use his running game without putting us under pressure with high risk play then that middle rotation could be the difference.

chrisD

Coach
Sorenson has been solid but not impactful until the (hopeless) Roosters game. Maybe that left side is figuring it out and will improve but I doubt it and have seen enough to want Martin there. Though it makes sense to keep Martin in the middle until Spencer is fit again.

Munky

Coach
I don't think Martin's first contact is good enough for prop.

His big shots may look pleasing but he bounces off and they either offload or gain another ten metres.

Original Name

Juniors
Why don't we sign Jake Arthur as a 14?
In most of his games his defence just hasn't looked first grade standard. Him being 14 relies on moving on moving one of your halves (D Brown) to centre to cover outside backs to work which isn't really something we're in a position to do. Not to mention the second shuffle to a settled combination if a winger goes down when the centre has to go wing or another shuffled if at the time the winger is the preferred back up FB.

It's much more easier on combinations making one or two change compared to making 2, 3 or 4. Also Salmon helps the forward rotation in case of an injury by being able to shift a second rower to prop unlike Arthur where the middles just have to play huge minutes.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Gotta admit I’m really warming to the idea of Martin in that middle rotation for this year atleast, it’s a sacrifice for Martin going back to the bench but If sorro can hold down that left edge fish Moses Spencer and Martin is such a good prop rotation. If soni can find his feet a bit more and work out how to use his running game without putting us under pressure with high risk play then that middle rotation could be the difference.

Soni is carrying injury. I doubt we see him have big minutes for a while.

For me our big scores came with Sorro on the left edge.

We are carrying a forward short in the side, Martin being able to play an edge will come in handy if Sorro or Hosking go off early.

Salmon needs to be fresh if needed elsewhere.

Iamback

Coach
I don't think Martin's first contact is good enough for prop.

His big shots may look pleasing but he bounces off and they either offload or gain another ten metres.

Yes but as a middle he has less one on one tackles so the side can cover bouncing off better than on an edge

Iamback

Coach
Depends on a players goals, Someone like Lomax has time and would back himself at a lesser club to win a comp.

Hunt has said he doesn't want to play 9 due to the amount of tackles. Mid season contract here makes sense but longer term somewhere he can play 7