What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Munky

Coach
If Hunt is willing to take unders surely he goes back to Brisbane.

They need a hooker plus cover for Reynolds.

betcats

Referee
Ben Hunt has stated recently he doesnt want to play hooker. As much as a premiership chance would be appealing I really dont think he is going to take a significant pay cut to come and tackle props every week in his career twilight years. He didnt show much interest in taking unders to play for a contender last time he had the chance, I dont think he will now if he decides to leave St George.

Kilkenny

Coach
Ben Hunt has stated recently he doesnt want to play hooker. As much as a premiership chance would be appealing I really dont think he is going to take a significant pay cut to come and tackle props every week in his career twilight years. He didnt show much interest in taking unders to play for a contender last time he had the chance, I dont think he will now if he decides to leave St George.
He is 33 years old now with I think two years remaining on his current deal with the Dragons which is anywhere between $1m - $1.4m depending on who you believe.

He has had a great career, fine player in my opinion, not sure what he offers to any other club other than the Dragons going forward given his age and contract.

Original Name

Juniors
Sure we'll get Hunt. We'll just pull 1.1 million out of nowhere when we just couldn't re-sign Api, Kikau, Spencer and Cricton. He's under contract, he's entitled to that money and the Dragons don't have to pay freight for anything if they don't want to. It's different to Jack who will be off contract and actually fine playing centre in contrast to Hunt who has publicly stated numerous times that he views himself as a halfback not a hooker.

After we do that the next person we sign should be Jesus.

Joe Ofengahue off to Parramatta it seems. West Tigers player of the year last year. He would have been a good pick up for us in 2024
14 Luke
15 Martin
16 Ofengahue
17 L. Smith