What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
Garner's best bet is replacing Peachy when he goes to the UK
I think we will re recruit another forward most likely in the near future before the end of this season. Most likely no one we have ever heard of a kid with upside. We have a space or two available so I can see us recruiting someone, not a big money signing, given we don’t have much to play with, but a kid with potential looking for an opportunity.

I think we will re recruit another forward most likely in the near future before the end of this season. Most likely no one we have ever heard of a kid with upside. We have a space or two available so I can see us recruiting someone, not a big money signing, given we don’t have much to play with, but a kid with potential looking for an opportunity.
Yea I know, I'm sure the club has targets. I'm hoping they look into NZ and QLDcup, but it's like finding a needle in a hay stack.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yea I know, I'm sure the club has targets. I'm hoping they look into NZ and QLDcup, but it's like finding a needle in a hay stack.
Spencer, Matt E, out till at least round 14 is a concern particularly around the form of our NSW Cup side. Liam Henry has been a stand out week in week out but there is not much other than him Chris Smith aside.

Original Name

Juniors
Luke Garner is star struck. he better find form soon, or he will need to look for another club.
He's playing injured. Same injury Fifita had last year.
Spencer, Matt E, out till at least round 14 is a concern particularly around the form of our NSW Cup side. Liam Henry has been a stand out week in week out but there is not much other than him Chris Smith aside.
As long as they're in the finals and the best players are fit the Cup side can make a run. They're fine.

Last edited:

19Panther90

Juniors
Agree.

After last night's showing our attack gets lost close to the line. What Api used to do is what we are missing. Not that it was perfect but he at least knew how to count players.
Why is the only tactic to kick to the corners? Why not grabber into the line? I am sure Kenny has a grabber in him, shouldn't be too hard as a NRL hooker.

Last edited:

Bob

Juniors
Agree.

After last night's showing our attack gets lost close to the line. What Api used to do is what we are missing. Not that it was perfect but he at least knew how to count players.
Kenny cant count, cant pass of the ground, always stands up and then passes, cant bring his players onto the ball like ALL good hookers can, hes just an out and out tacklebot, no finesse to his game at all

mxlegend99

Referee
The way Kenny gets confused the second his has time and space is laughable. He should have been penalised for an obstruction last night. He took so damn long to decide to eventually run (backwards) he ran behind his own teammate before a terrible pass luckily left us with no real attacking options to score from. Was definitely going to be a penalty if we scored

Although I guess you can argue no advantage was gained by him running behind his teammate because there's never any advantage in Kenny have the ball in his hands.

MugaB

Coach
Kenny cant count, cant pass of the ground, always stands up and then passes, cant bring his players onto the ball like ALL good hookers can, hes just an out and out tacklebot, no finesse to his game at all
All correct, but you know what, if he had that finesse, yes maybe we score a few points early, and never grind out that 20min start, i would much prefer we bash our opponents stupid for 30 mins then sub him off for that finesse hooker, i dont mind kenny being a slow ass passing tacklebot, but his 50+ minutes are staling our attack after that rough period is over we can go to town with soni luke, or even peachey played well last month when he subbed on for kenneth

Munky

Coach
I don't think Kennys as bad as some make out, we're just used to having the best in the game as our 9. People need to stop comparing him to the King, he left 4 season ago.

The King didn't even get fifty games for us before he was kicked to the curb.

Kenny is over seventy games, at twenty five (only two months younger than Nathan) I'm not sure how much improvement is left in him.

MugaB

Coach
The King didn't even get fifty games for us before he was kicked to the curb.

Kenny is over seventy games, at twenty five (only two months younger than Nathan) I'm not sure how much improvement is left in him.
Um lots... improve dem passes y'all