What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
Id like to have Tracey here in the squad but If I am tracey I am going somewhere I'd be for sure in the top 13 if I am going to leave the sharks. If we are full strength he isnt in our top 17, may as well stay where he is.

Id like to have Tracey here in the squad but If I am tracey I am going somewhere I'd be for sure in the top 13 if I am going to leave the sharks. If we are full strength he isnt in our top 17, may as well stay where he is.
I think we can insure him a spot

GowersDallyM

Juniors
I think B Best is a dumb bloke but I mean alot of footballers are.. one thing tho is he is a beast of a centre when on and unfortunately for him the Knights are terrible at getting him good ball. Can we afford him? Probably not but if the guy wanted to be serious about his career he would come here for two years and double his current value.

Siafiti would be handy but I don't think forwards are our issue especially when you can pick them up pretty easily on the market.

No news on Luai signing yet either? I dare say he is going so we need to start sorting him out asap so we can buy up.

I’m intrigued to see what happens once Tago is fit. He obviously goes back into centre, but once all the SOO players are back I think that Cleary might make a change on the bench.

He would not have been happy with how Salmon was pulled apart by the Rabbits when Turuva went off, so I imagine that Peachey keeps a spot on the bench. He can cover centres, five-eighth, lock, back row (maybe) and hooker (at a real pinch). The only question then is do you keep Salmon or Luke. While you already have Peachey’s versatility, having Salmon (who has been doing well as an edge back-rower) might be the way to go, particularly with Luke playing so few minutes in the top grade.

Obviously leaves you susceptible to a Kenny head knock early and needing to run a Peachey/Salmon/Luai((?) dummy half combo for much of the game, but I think this is the way we should go.

betcats

Referee
I’m intrigued to see what happens once Tago is fit. He obviously goes back into centre, but once all the SOO players are back I think that Cleary might make a change on the bench.

He would not have been happy with how Salmon was pulled apart by the Rabbits when Turuva went off, so I imagine that Peachey keeps a spot on the bench. He can cover centres, five-eighth, lock, back row (maybe) and hooker (at a real pinch). The only question then is do you keep Salmon or Luke. While you already have Peachey’s versatility, having Salmon (who has been doing well as an edge back-rower) might be the way to go, particularly with Luke playing so few minutes in the top grade.

Obviously leaves you susceptible to a Kenny head knock early and needing to run a Peachey/Salmon/Luai((?) dummy half combo for much of the game, but I think this is the way we should go.

Tbh re Salmon and the bunnies on the winning we play we almost shut it down. We had the bloke stopped and almost wrapped up and he got an offload away with two guys on him. Not sure it would've been any different with Peach there.

I dont see Salmon getting moved off the bench for Peach. He is a utility cover but he is also given us some minutes in the backrow each week playing at a decent level. Peach might still have that in him but I am not sure, I think Salmon runs harder and hits harder.

maple_69

Bench
I’d move Tago into that utility role and start Tracey on the left in a heartbeat. It would realistically strengthen both positions and for not a heap of cash I’d imagine. Next year he gets Critta’s role and if the club is serious about Cole,, he attempts to take the Burton route to a halves role with us in 2025 or elsewhere in a few years.

Would Panthers ever considering bringing back Capewell on reduced contract if the opportunity was there? He has gone backwards since moving to Broncos - came to head with him missing Origin.

age.s

First Grade
Would we really be unable to afford Best? We presumably offered Leniu and Critta money that we haven't spent elsewhere. Depends on how we go with Luai/Edwards obv but we presumably can afford someone half decent and centre is as big a gap in next year's squad as any.

He's a young guy with a mountain of potential in a position we need urgently, who's seen as having significant flaws that we'd be better placed to iron out than anyone else. To me he's as good a candidate for a mid range signing as any. Whether he'd be better value than Tracey or a couple of forwards is a different question.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Would we really be unable to afford Best? We presumably offered Leniu and Critta money that we haven't spent elsewhere. Depends on how we go with Luai/Edwards obv but we presumably can afford someone half decent and centre is as big a gap in next year's squad as any.

He's a young guy with a mountain of potential in a position we need urgently, who's seen as having significant flaws that we'd be better placed to iron out than anyone else. To me he's as good a candidate for a mid range signing as any. Whether he'd be better value than Tracey or a couple of forwards is a different question.
Best is the perfect example of an athlete not a footballer. A big no from me and we don't even need a centre.
Every spare dollar surely goes towards a hooker.

Palasia is on the outskirts and fringes of 1st grade like Hosking was. His a guy that would be useful here.

Also Lussick seems to be Warriors no.9 these days instead of Egan.