What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

MrBlack

Juniors
Paul Gallen spoke a lot of sense. Winning is fun, money isn't everything. Every extra $100k is halved after paying the manager and tax. $50K is $4,200 a month. Not life changing for him, although for many that is a lot of money, but Luai is already on a significant wage. Ask Api whether the extra money is worth it. Ask Kikau.

Also playing at a sucessful club raises a players profile. More attractive for TPA's and more likely to make rep teams.

These both lead to more money.

And at some stage legacy comes into it as well.

The Realist

Juniors
Gotta keep hold of Hosking..absolute workhorse and very cheap. If Dylan walks we have Turuva...I think Dyl stays tho. Tago is the next big thing in the NRL atm.. should top him up asap before his value goes through the roof.

It's too late now. By the time commentators start talking a player up - the horse has bolted. It was very obvious even early last year that he was an Elite centre - but that is for people who watch the Panthers all the time. Now everyone is starting to notice.

How much does he make from gaming? I don't think money is a big deal to him. I think @Chins get the wins is right, he sacked his manager so he could stay. Just gotta get a TPA going and he is much better off.

These players at the high end of salary get well advised with their finances and invest.

Pomoz

Bench
Gus was never a proponent of buying yourself out of trouble. He loves development as the main way to make clubs competitive. The reality is though, and us Panther’s officianados can attest to this, it takes years for it to bear fruit. In the meantime, fans and sponsors are going nuts wanting instant success.

Gus was lucky with us. The Panthers were so used to being mediocre, it was a long time before people complained about the lack of success. In the meantime he was signing journeyman and a sprinkling of stars like Mahoney, Soward and Merrin.

The Dogs have been used to being a major force in the NRL and their fans have no patience at all. Their board seem’s even worse and they have two year elections to contend with as well. They are already baying for blood, wanting to sack Gus and Ciraldo.

Buzz Rothfield, has called out the fact the Dogs culture is poor and there are players who can’t handle the intensity of training that Ciraldo is trying to impose. Players are being allowed to leave because they can’t hack it. They don’t want it enough. Get off the bus, only competitors are wanted here.

If I had to identify a Panthers player who epitomises that will to win, the willingness to do the hard yards, make the tough tackles and fight for every loose ball, then it would be Mitch Kenny. Fast? No. Skillful? err no. Big? Haha. Strong? Have you met To’o? I doubt Kenny could lift Bizza’s warm up weights. Hard? You betcha. Relentless? Hell yeah. Wants to win? There is no such thing as a loose ball. There is Mitch’s ball and everybody else can f%ck off.

My new favorite player. The epitome of the culture Ciraldo is trying to create. He is like a stick of Brighton rock. Cut him in half and he has “made in Penrith” written though his middle.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Gus was never a proponent of buying yourself out of trouble. He loves development as the main way to make clubs competitive. The reality is though, and us Panther’s officianados can attest to this, it takes years for it to bear fruit. In the meantime, fans and sponsors are going nuts wanting instant success.

Gus was lucky with us. The Panthers were so used to being mediocre, it was a long time before people complained about the lack of success. In the meantime he was signing journeyman and a sprinkling of stars like Mahoney, Soward and Merrin.

The Dogs have been used to being a major force in the NRL and their fans have no patience at all. Their board seem’s even worse and they have two year elections to contend with as well. They are already baying for blood, wanting to sack Gus and Ciraldo.

Buzz Rothfield, has called out the fact the Dogs culture is poor and there are players who can’t handle the intensity of training that Ciraldo is trying to impose. Players are being allowed to leave because they can’t hack it. They don’t want it enough. Get off the bus, only competitors are wanted here.

If I had to identify a Panthers player who epitomises that will to win, the willingness to do the hard yards, make the tough tackles and fight for every loose ball, then it would be Mitch Kenny. Fast? No. Skillful? err no. Big? Haha. Strong? Have you met To’o? I doubt Kenny could lift Bizza’s warm up weights. Hard? You betcha. Relentless? Hell yeah. Wants to win? There is no such thing as a loose ball. There is Mitch’s ball and everybody else can f%ck off.

My new favorite player. The epitome of the culture Ciraldo is trying to create. He is like a stick of Brighton rock. Cut him in half and he has “made in Penrith” written though his middle.

Kenny has improved so much in the last 18months. His determination to get better each and every game is just wonderful to see.

The old mantra 'hard work never kills anyone' is made for the Penrith team.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

My 5 year old is obsessed with Mitch, every time he makes a tackle all I hear is “Mitch Kennnnnyyyyy!” Hahaha it’s very cool and you summed him up perfectly.

Future club legend, no doubt.

Latest posts