What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Cheap 7 we should re-look at England again. Potentially Brodie Croft if he would take a low offer or maybe take another stab at Jock Madden.

We've done it two years running with Sean O'Sullivan and now Jack Cogger. Its a 1-2 year path that could land another player a starting position at another club.

Think the Tigers are chasing Croft.

Girds89

Bench
The talk of henry and a few others being prioritises before lindsay is nuts haha.

Makes me question whether anyone has actually watched him this year. Hes been a revelation and is vital to the team.

He offers ball playing that niether fish or leota do.. hes not as impactful but he can run a bit wider of the ruck and give a great short pass and use his height for offloads when his isolated. Hes also a great defender and extremely reliable.

With lenui gone keeping him is a must.

As i said in another post the guy most likely to come in next year to replace lenui i think will be lisati. Theyve had him playing the lenui role of the bench this year in cup and hes been one of their best..

Hes not going to get through the mountain of work henry does but with marto, yeo, soro, leota and fish all locked up and big min players.. plus l smith being a big min player we dont need another guy like henry on the bench.

Lisati is all impact. Hes still a work in progress but hes coming on really nice.

Id be prioritising tago, lindsay and lisati.. with geyer locked up now that gives a bit of coverage.

Depending on how taylan comes back... if he can find the form he had and transfer to centre hed be the next bloke we could try keep. But not on any sort of crazy coin.. casey mclean is the pick of the brothers and will be an nrl centre in 18 months i reckon. A freak.

Id let one of garner go. Hes probs on 200. Use the extra money over minimum to upgrade hassett to the top 30 next year and use the left overs to give turuva a nice bump.

Im certain luai is staying. So with the majority of our guns locked up we just need to not go overs for young guys with the exception of tago..

If turuva and taylan and hassett want to take overs they can go. Tago is the must keep with the core group now.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
The talk of henry and a few others being prioritises before lindsay is nuts haha.

Makes me question whether anyone has actually watched him this year. Hes been a revelation and is vital to the team.

He offers ball playing that niether fish or leota do.. hes not as impactful but he can run a bit wider of the ruck and give a great short pass and use his height for offloads when his isolated. Hes also a great defender and extremely reliable.

As i said in another post the guy most likely to come in next year to replace lenui i think will be lisati. Theyve had him playing the lenui role of the bench this year in cup and hes been one of their best..

Hes not going to get through the mountain of work henry does but with marto, yeo, soro, leota and fish all locked up and big min players.. plus l smith being a big min player we dont need another guy like henry on the bench.

Lisati is all impact. Hes still a work in progress but hes coming on really nice.

Id be prioritising tago, lindsay and lisati.. with geyer locked up now that gives a bit of coverage.

Depending on how taylan comes back... if he can find the form he had and transfer to centre hed be the next bloke we could try keep. But not on any sort of crazy coin.. casey mclean is the pick of the brothers and will be an nrl centre in 18 months i reckon. A freak.

Id let one of garner go. Hes probs on 200. Use the extra money over minimum to upgrade hassett to the top 30 next year and use the left overs to give turuva a nice bump.

Im certain luai is staying. So with the majority of our guns locked up we just need to not go overs for young guys with the exception of tago..

If turuva and taylan and hassett want to take overs they can go. Tago is the must keep with the core group now.
I whole heartedly agree with you on Lindsay, he’s a gun middle who’ll only get better.

I do think that Henry will be the one to impress in the off-season and take Spencer’s spot. I think he’ll be a menace next season with a bit of confidence from a few games this year, combined with a solid preseason.

I’m on the fence with Hassett, I do think he’s very good, but I’m not sure where he fits in our 17 moving forward over the next 3-4 years.

I can’t see Taylan or Tito leaving, I think their starting spots are pretty much locked in next year.

Original Name

Juniors
It might sound silly but i just want to see a bit more fire in mav. Not full blown his dad but fire up mate.

I watched a gane earlier this year in cup against the tigers were alex seyfarth put on about 3 dog shots in a row including one on mav...

It didnt seem to lift him or anything. He almost went into his shell...

Probs the best game his had was the flegg gf where he carried the boy on his back to the title..

Imo he really needs to fire up if he wants to be a fg player.. he is in and out of games to much and is yet to truly show he is ready or even nrl quality.

I want to start seeing him want to dominant his opponents... get over the top... beat the first man, find an offload. He just looks like he goes through the motions atm
When people were suggesting giving Mav a taste of first grade 2 years ago or so I said something like this regarding his inconsistent contact in defence and running into the line. Some guys just don't learn to run hard or tackle hard playing Rugby League. He got huge young and are able to casually jog at the line every week with his defence overlooked because of his size and skills. Guys like that sometimes just have to learn how big they are and how much of an impact they can have. It takes time.

But he's a point of difference forward. He just has to run hard enough. It doesn't have to be off the back fence or putting on hits like Liam Martin. He has a skill level other forwards lack. He just needs to be more consistent in contact rather than a really needing to be an ultra aggressive dude. Going as hard Eisenhuth would be fine if he was like that every tackle and run. He can't afford to be a liability occasionally in defensive contact like he is. not getting flat out run over all the time but just conceding the ruck too much.

With another pre season under his belt, Lindsay Smith will be miles ahead of all the next generation middle forwards. His progress this year has been remarkable to watch as he continues to evolve into a regular first grader.
With him, Tago, May, Turuva and a host of young talented players willing to bide their time evolving in our obviously successful system, the future is bright for the Panthers.

19Panther90

Juniors
I doubt Jenkins gets resigned either as McLean is here until 2026. May should be next, Tago still has a few years aswell. Sucess is still looking good for the future.

With another pre season under his belt, Lindsay Smith will be miles ahead of all the next generation middle forwards. His progress this year has been remarkable to watch as he continues to evolve into a regular first grader.
With him, Tago, May, Turuva and a host of young talented players willing to bide their time evolving in our obviously successful system, the future is bright for the Panthers.
If the Bulldogs signed Tyrone, it wouldn't surprise me if Taylan went there.