What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It is asumed (by us fans and the media) that if a player doesn't go on the open market that he is staying for unders.

Considering Edwards has been under paid for a couple of years, I think he's perhaps being paid market value.

But like others have said, unless we sneak into NRL headquarters and steal the file that records the Penrith players salaries. We have no idea, and are just guessing.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
It is asumed (by us fans and the media) that if a player doesn't go on the open market that he is staying for unders.

Considering Edwards has been under paid for a couple of years, I think he's perhaps being paid market value.

But like others have said, unless we sneak into NRL headquarters and steal the file that records the Penrith players salaries. We have no idea, and are just guessing.
Dyl will no doubt be our strength and conditioning trainer in the future. He will be compensated VERY well for said role

Kilkenny

Coach
It is great news Dylan’s contract extension is locked in.

He is a fan favourite, and certainly a favourite of mine, not sure the four year extension is ideal, maybe three years should have been the way to go but contracts really don’t mean much anyway so all good.

Iamback

Coach
I rate Fish and love thats he's a Panther but To'o, Edwards and May/Turuva do half his job. Props at our club have it very easy comparatively

There is still the line speed and ball playing he adds.

He is on roughly $800k.

He isn't 2/3rd's the player that Tino is. Tino is getting Nathan money

Pomoz

Bench
I rate Fish and love thats he's a Panther but To'o, Edwards and May/Turuva do half his job. Props at our club have it very easy comparatively
Nah mate, there's two sides to a props job -yardage and steel. Sure the backs help with yardage, but nobody runs at our defence worried our backs will bash them. The steel is what destroyed Parra in the GF. Leota, Fish, Kenny, Martin, they monstered them. Scary and thrilling to watch.

Our forwards are the bedrock of our team and other teams are the same. Been that way since league started. No point having the Fox and super fast Averillo in your team when you have marshmallow forwards.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Nah mate, there's two sides to a props job -yardage and steel. Sure the backs help with yardage, but nobody runs at our defence worried our backs will bash them. The steel is what destroyed Parra in the GF. Leota, Fish, Kenny, Martin, they monstered them. Scary and thrilling to watch.

Our forwards are the bedrock of our team and other teams are the same. Been that way since league started. No point having the Fox and super fast Averillo in your team when you have marshmallow forwards.
You've made my point. Players like the Fox would be awful for us (like he was awful for NSW. Freddy nailed the call dropping him but then bitched out when the media cried).

Our forwards often take whole sets off and just stand around.

soc123_au

Staff member
Very happy with Dylan signing until 2028. The final year might be a bit risky cap wise, but considering his bang for buck up until this extension it's still a great result & I don't begrudge him a cent of it. Realistically he would have gotten more waiting until November.

They talk about sportspeople being role models, This bloke should be the poster boy.

Munky

Coach
Very happy with Dylan signing until 2028. The final year might be a bit risky cap wise, but considering his bang for buck up until this extension it's still a great result & I don't begrudge him a cent of it. Realistically he would have gotten more waiting until November.

They talk about sportspeople being role models, This bloke should be the poster boy.

Pretty much this.

If he does begin to drop off in form in the v later years of his deal I hope the club has the balls to play someone ahead of him at fullback.

Paul Green remained too loyal to his premiership squad and Robinson seems to be doing the same with Teddy and Keary.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Pretty much this.

If he does begin to drop off in form in the v later years of his deal I hope the club has the balls to play someone ahead of him at fullback.

Paul Green remained too loyal to his premiership squad and Robinson seems to be doing the same with Teddy and Keary.
This is why it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if Luai left or at least signed a short deal here

soc123_au

Staff member
Pretty much this.

Given his commitment to fitness and training I reckon it's only injury that will hold him back if anything.

murraymob

Coach
The bulldogs got Jackson out of the last year of his deal by giving him a job on the footy staff .Given Dylan’s fitness it would a perfect way to go and give him a career post playing if his on feild form fell awsy

Original Name

Juniors
You've made my point. Players like the Fox would be awful for us (like he was awful for NSW. Freddy nailed the call dropping him but then bitched out when the media cried).

Our forwards often take whole sets off and just stand around.
Look at it this way. Young talented forwards together in a team is very bad as history tells us. See the Broncos getting the spoon. Everyone in League knew young kids in the forwards will go to water week to week without senior players around them before the Broncos proved it again. On the other hand young talented outside backs all in their first few years/rookie year or whatever can be fine see us winning our first prem.

You need more steel to play in the forward pack because it is far harder than playing in the backs and it isn't even close. If you have an off day, not really putting in and just carry the ball a bit far more softly than you usually do the rest of the team can make up for it. See Peach and his ineffective carries (though it's due to his lack of speed not that) despite us probably winning the minor prem. Any time you are slightly off you get found out quickly in the middle. Talented centres and wingers with defensive flaws can coast off dominant forward packs and not be put under pressure to get found out. There's no hiding any defensive flaws or a lack of resolve in the middle.

If you're having an off day in regards to your effort in the middle the whole team is f**ked because you're going to concede quick play the balls, not get up off the ground to marker, not pressure kickers or ball players which puts stress on the outside backs to defend overlaps and ariel duels. The week to week consistency needed is night and day.

Last edited:

Latest posts