What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

hindy111

Post Whore
I think a few cheap depth signing is what you'll see.
Tepai Moera could do a job. Would be cheap,experienced and a good age for 2yrs.
Also RFM and Topine from Dogs might be good cheap additions.
I'm unsure how stacked the forwards are coming thru next season. It seems to me every year a strike forward seems to be poached. Kikau and now Spencer.

Crighton started the year slow but gee his form now is awesome. I guess his loss will be softened by the return of Taylan May and emergence to Turuva and Jesse McLean.

The 1-7 is still strong. I think forwards is the area and probably hooker where need improvement. But again this might happen internally. Unsure on the talent coming thru.

hindy111

Post Whore
On Spencer. 500k seem cheap now considering what your better forwards are getting. I mean anyone decent is on over 700k and quite a few on over 800k now.
I think if he played 50mins he is worth 600k+

MugaB

Coach
I'm unsure how stacked the forwards are coming thru next season. It seems to me every year a strike forward seems to be poached. Kikau and now Spencer.

Crighton started the year slow but gee his form now is awesome. I guess his loss will be softened by the return of Taylan May and emergence to Turuva and Jesse McLean.

The 1-7 is still strong. I think forwards is the area and probably hooker where need improvement. But again this might happen internally. Unsure on the talent coming thru.
Please stop....
Your advice sux... besides you're a bit slow, these guys are all leaving the dogs coz of the training loads, WTF do you think will happen if we pick them up, they'll get flogged even more than what there getting with ciraldo.... howbout you offer these rejects to pawwa in the pawwa forum,
I did see somewhere that topine was the one who had to wrestle the squad for being late, f**k wrestling leota and fish! No thank you

Luke Bowden

First Grade

No one from the dogs thanks. Shit trainers

soc123_au

Staff member

f**k no to RFM or Topine. If the kennel is to be believed Topine is the one on stress leave & RFM is the one agitating and causing all the grief. Don't need that shit here.

Munky

Coach
f**k no to RFM or Topine. If the kennel is to be believed Topine is the one on stress leave & RFM is the one agitating and causing all the grief. Don't need that shit here.

RFM if the definition of wasted talent.

Makes sense if it was him.

Fangs

Coach
There is a bit to say about the 'system' argument. That whoever comes here grows and becomes a better player. Just like Melbourne over the last couple decades.

Remains to be seen with a guy like Garner. I expected him to do really well but he hasn't been able to hold down a spot in first grade. I think there was a rumour that he might leave a year early too.

At the very least Dogs players would come very cheap. I don't see any off contract I'd want to take however.

The Realist

Juniors
I have learned to really appreciate and even love Dyl over the last 3 years but as purely a Panthers supporter I am not a fan of the relatively big money we have thrown at Edwards.

I don't think he is worth that. He MIGHT be close to that valuable to US - but he'd struggle to have similar impact at any other club and that is where his value should have been set at.

The fact is, at most clubs he is a mid-tier fullback. Most coaches and clubs don't really care too much about a fullbacks defensive capability. The mindset is - 'if it's gotten to the fullback, it's already too late'.

They don't mind if a fullback lets one try in a game that a better defender could save because a Walsh, Ponga, Firing Turbo, Latrell - can create 2-3 tries a game that others can't - and can crack even the best defenses with the occasional freak play. Dyl for all his effort and improvement will never be that guy.

My point being Dyl is an Excellent PANTHERS BALL fullback - but probably an upper mid-tier general NRL fullback and we should have tried to pay him like the latter rather than the former.

Original Name

Juniors
I have learned to really appreciate and even love Dyl over the last 3 years but as purely a Panthers supporter I am not a fan of the relatively big money we have thrown at Edwards.

I don't think he is worth that. He MIGHT be close to that valuable to US - but he'd struggle to have similar impact at any other club and that is where his value should have been set at.

The fact is, at most clubs he is a mid-tier fullback. Most coaches and clubs don't really care too much about a fullbacks defensive capability. The mindset is - 'if it's gotten to the fullback, it's already too late'.

They don't mind if a fullback lets one try in a game that a better defender could save because a Walsh, Ponga, Firing Turbo, Latrell - can create 2-3 tries a game that others can't - and can crack even the best defenses with the occasional freak play. Dyl for all his effort and improvement will never be that guy.

My point being Dyl is an Excellent PANTHERS BALL fullback - but probably an upper mid-tier general NRL fullback and we should have tried to pay him like the latter rather than the former.
850 is midtier first grade fullback money. It's the equivalent of 650 a few years ago.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
850 is midtier first grade fullback money. It's the equivalent of 650 a few years ago.

Exactly I thought it was a fair price for a fullback.

Showed his love for Penrith by not going to the open market. Where he probably could have gotten 100-300 grand more.

I hope Luai chooses to do the same.