What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He'll have another preseason under his belt

You're not listening to to the reasonings like Luke, and Kilkenny who see a lot of cup games. They say he won't be ready. I believe them. As I don't see the amount of cup games I used to see.

The step up to NRL is big.

I bow to their greater knowledge.

Luke, Kilkenny who do you think will get the 14 in 2024.....Peach ?

Last edited:
You're not listening to to the reasonings like Luke, and Kilkenny who see a lot of cup games. They say he won't be ready. I believe them. As I don't see the amount of cup games I used to see.

I am. Stop with your patronizing lecture. Again this is my opinion. Like it or lump it. I really don't care

Luke Bowden

First Grade

That’s a really good question.

Depends how they wanna go. Soni or Somo if Ivan what’s an out and hooker.
Or, if he wants a utility, no one really stands out in the cup side, Cole would certainly be the closest, but his not there yet.

I reckon it will come down to Peach and Daine Laurie.

Iamback

Coach
Given how our roster is looking with only a few spots remaining I can’t see Jack Cole getting too many opportunities in 2024. He seems a little down the pecking order. Granted things can change with unforseen injury, just not quite sure where he fits in.

Hard to tell because of the injuries he copped through the year. I am not ruling him out of the 14 jersey

Iamback

Coach
Why is that wrong?

He’s not going to be the first choice back up, he’ll need a few injuries to get a look in.

He needs some weight on but fully fit, I'd have him over Peachey.

I say that as someone who has been on the Peach in 14 lane for a while

GowersDallyM

Juniors
I see McLean, Cole, May, Alamoti fighting for the vacant centre spot in the off-season. May is the clear favourite so we can make sure Turuva is still in the starting side.
Alamoti will end up being the long term centre.. if not next year maybe the year after. I can see Tago moving into the backrow maybe in 2025 so by then Alamoti could end up being a real gun.

I like May on a wing mainly for his returns but I have a feeling roosters will take him sooner rather than later which isn't a bad thing as we have the talent now to cover him.

WestyLife

First Grade
Lindsay Smith extends by two years - will be a Panther until at least the end of 2006.

giphy.gif

Bob

Juniors
From the Telegraph,

How to build an NRL premiership contender:​

PANTHERS​

Approach: Pathways​

How the cap is spent: The Panthers prioritise their key men with Nathan Cleary, James Fisher-Harris and Isaah Yeo the highest paid, and Dylan Edwards set to join that group with his new deal. The top-heavy salary cap is balanced out with a pathways system that has added Sunia Turuva and Lindsay Smith to their 17 this season.
Analysis: Their junior system underpins it all. Fourteen of Penrith’s 17-man preliminary final squad debuted for the club. It’s a balancing act paying a star-studded team accordingly. They lost Apisai Koroisau and Viliame Kikau this season, but Mitch Kenny and Scott Sorensen have stepped up, and the shrewd signings of Tyrone Peachey, Luke Garner and Zac Hosking have complemented the squad. Jarome Luai, Moses Leota, Liam Martin, Izack Tago, Spencer Leniu and Stephen Crichton are mainstays, although they’ll need to replenish their stocks when the latter two depart at season’s end.
Future: Bulk of the squad locked in long-term – Edwards (2028), Cleary, Isaah Yeo, Brian To’o, Liam Martin, Moses Leota (all 2027), Fisher-Harris, Smith and Sorensen (all 2026). With Martin and Edwards re-signed, attention now turns to Luai, whose contract expires at the end of next season. Jack Cole looms as the likely successor should cap pressures force out Luai. Incoming signings Daine Laurie (Tigers), Brad Schneider (Hull KR) and Paul Alamoti (Bulldogs) add depth, while youngsters Jesse McLean, Isaiah Iongi and Harrison Hassett should press for NRL places.
Verdict: Penrith are even-money favourites to win this year’s premiership, and are set up to dominate for the rest of this decade. Ivan Cleary has developed a potent attacking game built off a dominant forward pack. With son Nathan, still only 25, pulling the strings, and the pathways system continuing to pay dividends, Penrith’s premiership window will continue to resemble an aeroplane hangar door.
HOW THE PANTHERS SPEND THEIR MONEY
1 Dylan Edwards ($450,000), 2 Sunia Turuva ($220,000), 3 Izack Tago ($250,000), 4 Stephen Crichton ($650,000), 5 Brian To’o ($500,000), 6 Jarome Luai ($680,000), 7 Nathan Cleary ($1,300,000), 8 Moses Leota ($450,000), 9 Mitch Kenny ($350,000), 10 James Fisher-Harris ($970,000), 11 Scott Sorensen ($400,000), 12 Liam Martin ($550,000), 13 Isaah Yeo ($750,000). Total: $7,520,000

Girds89

Bench
Is soni luke even injured? I havent read or heard anything

I like him but maybe the club wasnt impressed by some of the things he did this year and is on the outer? (As in the incidents which were heavily discussed on here... which i wont get into again)

Itd be a shame because he was tracking nicely if anything he was underplayed this year.

I mean sommo has had his fair share on injuries amd was playing well below cup not long ago and ivan seemed to have more trust in him...

Personally i think soni is a way better hooker..

As for the 14 next year no way its cole..i said on here before a ball was kicked this year that he was a few years off. Needs to add some weight and his defence just isn't anywhere near good enough yet. Yes he had some injuries but he has a lot of learning and development to do in cup still..

I think peach probs is the front runner for the 14 but its to early to tell.

Not many people wouldve thought before a ball was kicked that hosking would feature like he has this year...

So you never know who will have a hige pre season.

I like lisati and the club had him playing the lenui role the back half of the year in cup so hes clearly being eyed for that role down the track... he needs a big pre season.

Mav geyer will be in a make or break year imo.

Preston riki is the one we want to have a bit of like with injuries... he really has a lot of ability and is a real talent. Just needs to stay on the park.

Laurie maybe if he adds a few kgs could play the 14 role but it would be tough to expect him to cover 9 if kenny gets a hia or injured... especially for long mins and given hes never played there.