What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Big Mick

Referee
I'm convinced Mole has never watched him play calling him Speedy. He's decent pace wise but making out like he's freakin Snow White Usain Bolt is craziness lol.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Cleary has to be the greatest player of all time now. At 25 years of age and to make 4 gfs in a row and win 3! And to pick up the side and carry them from behind to win it individually!! Fkn wow! When he retires he had to be the greatest player I've ever seen and I seen Johns play aswell as JT but fk me Cleary just keeps standing up

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Cleary has to be the greatest player of all time now. At 25 years of age and to make 4 gfs in a row and win 3! And to pick up the side and carry them from behind to win it individually!! Fkn wow! When he retires he had to be the greatest player I've ever seen and I seen Johns play aswell as JT but fk me Cleary just keeps standing up
Not yet. Joey had 5x the talent but not the career. Things are tricky to judge so let's just wait till he's finished

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Not yet. Joey had 5x the talent but not the career. Things are tricky to judge so let's just wait till he's finished
As it stands right now he has to be the goat. Only thing is that he is still so young. If he was say Reynolds and won 3 straight they would call Reynolds the goat.
We honestly will have to wait till Cleary retires to crown him but as it stands I have him as the greatest player I've had the privilege to watch him play every game since his debut and I high doubt we will ever witness such a talent again.

Yeah he could probably do with some more origin wins but he didn't play game 2 and 3 this year and to be honest Nsw won't win anything until they get in a coach that can pick players in form and in their right positions.

Fangs

Coach
Cleary is now 100% in the conversation.

He wasn't before tonight but that was sublime. Its not about having a perfect game. Defensively he had a shocker. But he won it off his own back in that final 15 minutes. That's the mark of a champion player.

I've debated the winner of the CC medal nearly every year. Tonight it was resoundingly obvious who won it.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Cleary is now 100% in the conversation.

He wasn't before tonight but that was sublime. Its not about having a perfect game. Defensively he had a shocker. But he won it off his own back in that final 15 minutes. That's the mark of a champion player.

I've debated the winner of the CC medal nearly every year. Tonight it was resoundingly obvious who won it.
Cleary was even more clutch than the Johns down the sideline play. To set up Leota then get a clutch 40/20 and individually stepping through 4 players in the last 3 minutes of the game!

Fangs

Coach
Cleary was even more clutch than the Johns down the sideline play. To set up Leota then get a clutch 40/20 and individually stepping through 4 players in the last 3 minutes of the game!

Exactly right. Fired more than one shot and pulled off every single one when it mattered.

He is literally the golden boy of Australia. It would be impossible to take him down a peg after what he did tonight.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Exactly right. Fired more than one shot and pulled off every single one when it mattered.

He is literally the golden boy of Australia. It would be impossible to take him down a peg after what he did tonight.
Exactly. He still gets haters though and that absolutely infuriates me.

GowersDallyM

Juniors

Also fkn Reece Walsh gets the poster boy and labelled as a super star yet our boy be over here winning titles and icing games

age.s

First Grade
Only thing is that he is still so young.
That's a really big thing though. GOAT discussions occur on the totality of players careers and he's barely halfway through his.

That said, if his last 7 years get anywhere near his first 7 then he's absolutely nailed on.

Also fkn Reece Walsh gets the poster boy and labelled as a super star yet our boy be over here winning titles and icing games
Nathan did a Tik Tok dance with a couple of young ladies during a very controversial time and the haters treated him like an axe murderer.

Walsh gets caught with drugs and becomes the poster boy for the entire game.

How quickly the media forgives someone when they can do the NRL'S promotional work and look good.

Tall poppy syndrome for Nathan and martyrdom for Walsh. Bemusing isn't it.

tripster

Juniors
I absolutely hope I am wrong but I got the vibe from Luai’s body language and facial expressions in the celebrations immediately post match that, with us having won, he has made the decision to leave and take big money elsewhere. Did anyone else notice the same thing?

I absolutely hope I am wrong but I got the vibe from Luai’s body language and facial expressions in the celebrations immediately post match that, with us having won, he has made the decision to leave and take big money elsewhere. Did anyone else notice the same thing?
I think he was injured and probably in a lot of pain. He had also just seen his teammates win the game after he had come off (probably feels like he let them down while he was in the field). I can see why he would have mixed emotions.

Hooked

Juniors

Hard to read. He was in a lot of pain.
In the Herald this morning he is supposed to sit down with the club this week. Gauging whether they can get a deal done or if he goes to market

Hard to read. He was in a lot of pain.
In the Herald this morning he is supposed to sit down with the club this week. Gauging whether they can get a deal done or if he goes to market
If he goes, he goes. Brad, or Dane Laurie, will get the job done.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I think he was injured and probably in a lot of pain. He had also just seen his teammates win the game after he had come off (probably feels like he let them down while he was in the field). I can see why he would have mixed emotions.

He'd lost all movement in the side of his body due to the injury and pain. Of course his body language was bad.

Spoke after the game about how much he loves the club and his brothers.

I hope he chooses to stay.