What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Panfa

Juniors
laurie is a good attacking player but i have my doubts about his defence in the front line.Cole was the junior who was tipped to take over if luai ever left,but dont underestimate sniejder he is a good sized 5/8 who can attack and defend well.The super league experience would have done him well and he is only 23.

MugaB

Coach
Double CC medal winner, Nathan Cleary, incase anyone missed last years GF, he went into 5/8th when Romey came off, cogger was at halfback, next season we have an english import coming to replace cogger as back up half, if he does well he might just stay there permanently when luai heads to the tigers in '25

Girds89

Bench
Double CC medal winner, Nathan Cleary, incase anyone missed last years GF, he went into 5/8th when Romey came off, cogger was at halfback, next season we have an english import coming to replace cogger as back up half, if he does well he might just stay there permanently when luai heads to the tigers in '25

Yeah nah.. he was still playing 7. Directing the team around. Calling the shots. Coming up with the big plays.

There is just no way. I mean no way hes getting moved.

Schnieder i expect will get his chances but hes not moving nath out of 7. Even if he plays a bit of first receiver naths still calling the shots.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
He didn't go in 5/8. He played both spots

Luke Bowden

First Grade
laurie is a good attacking player but i have my doubts about his defence in the front line.Cole was the junior who was tipped to take over if luai ever left,but dont underestimate sniejder he is a good sized 5/8 who can attack and defend well.The super league experience would have done him well and he is only 23.
Brad Schneider is a 7

Luke Bowden

First Grade
This is highly unlikely. You don’t move the best 7 in the world

Iamback

Coach
This is highly unlikely. You don’t move the best 7 in the world

It isn't moving him though. He will be 7 in 90% of the situations. Like in the GF though playing him both sides makes sense.

The issue then is what do you want from the 6? Do you want a runner or a kicking option?

That is where the side sits now

Personally I think Cole covers both of those options

Huge gamble by the Wests Tigers if this deal is correct.

5 years $6M is just crazy.
True. I do wonder how much the change in the salary cap over the last few years is changing the shape of how clubs spend their cap. A few years ago there were few million dollar players, but recently that seems to have changed (has it been confirmed that Manly are paying Ola….. a million a season for 8 seasons).

I do wonder if the change of the salary cap is going to allow clubs to direct more money to the top of the roster.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Beautiful good result for Luai and an even better result for us. Now we have alot of cash left in the kitty to either top up players or turn Kenny into a bench forward/hooker and buy us a gun 9 for 25

Latest posts