What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

In the short term, until maybe a better option from within comes along, I’m more than happy with Mitch Kenny.
It seems that the Panthers do not put the hooker position on such high pedestal as the media.

Paying big bucks for a dummy half to complete the "spine" has not worked out so well for most.

Api needed the Panthers team to shine brightly, even with his skill, speed and class.

Paying "overs" for the top hooker is so 2020, just look how the teams that just had to have that top notch hooker went this year.

Grant, B. Smith, Cook, Mahoney and of course Api all get well north of 500k. I don't think Mitch Kenny is in that ball park and I believe he complements our current side with HIS skillset.

He did do very well in the GF to help Nathan score the winning try, didn't he?

The balancing act of the modern salary cap is for the experts to handle and the fans will only guess what most players in the club are contracted for.

We've all seen the disasters that happens when clubs tries to "buy" the premiership.

Keep up the good work Matt Cameron and co.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
It seems that the Panthers do not put the hooker position on such high pedestal as the media.

Paying big bucks for a dummy half to complete the "spine" has not worked out so well for most.

Api needed the Panthers team to shine brightly, even with his skill, speed and class.

Paying "overs" for the top hooker is so 2020, just look how the teams that just had to have that top notch hooker went this year.

Grant, B. Smith, Cook, Mahoney and of course Api all get well north of 500k. I don't think Mitch Kenny is in that ball park and I believe he complements our current side with HIS skillset.

The balancing act of the modern salary cap is for the experts to handle and the fans will only guess what most players in the club are contracted for.

We've all seen the disasters that happens when clubs tries to "buy" the premiership.

Kenny f**ked most of that set. We got lucky

Kenny f**ked most of that set. We got lucky
If that is your take on it, so be it.

My take is the first 60 minutes of a wonderful GF took its toll on the Broncos and they got lucky and skipped to a 16 point lead.

But a Nathan led team effort is not "lucky" in my definition of football. There was still 3 plus minutes left when we hit the lead and as we all saw, the Broncos were gassed.

My point is a team doesn't have to pay big dollars for the "spine" because that's what the media says you need.

Ivan is the new expert and his way seems to work...well, at least 3 times in a row.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
If that is your take on it, so be it.

My take is the first 60 minutes of a wonderful GF took its toll on the Broncos and they got lucky and skipped to a 16 point lead.

But a Nathan led team effort is not "lucky" in my definition of football. There was still 3 plus minutes left when we hit the lead and as we all saw, the Broncos were gassed.

My point is a team doesn't have to pay big dollars for the "spine" because that's what the media says you need.

Ivan is the new expert and his way seems to work...well, at least 3 times in a row.
No it's true. I rate Kenny he works hard and his defence is fantastic but he wasted half the set doing nothing

No it's true. I rate Kenny he works hard and his defence is fantastic but he wasted half the set doing nothing
It is what it is. It's now fish and chip wrapping.

If he wastes half a set like that, and we will never know what the on field calls were, I'll take a finish to every set the same way.

He's not Api, he's Mitch, and he does what is needed for the team, at great value to the salary cap.

The average Wage on Hooker is $475k according to Phil. That is why we don't pay overs.
Kenny has been fantastic and with Sommerton at 14 next year we will be right. I am hoping we can get a Prop to help Fish, Moses and Smith out. I think we are 1 short.

Iamback

Coach
If Api had of played that same set some people on here would still be drooling…. Mitch is marked very differently to Api.

not sure we get to that stage with Api.

We have 60% ball and 46 tackles in their 20 in the 1st half. Should of buried them earlier.

Not just Api but Kiks and the guys from the earlier years gets us a couple of tries in that period

Iamback

Coach

I doubt Kenny is on more than $300k.

You could get a bit of extra attack and teach defence for taking it up to an average hooker wage of $500k

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Sure am we had no right to score. Brisbane choked badly
Mate, that set from Kenny, was absolute class. That wasn’t luck at all, it was elite level dummy half work. I’ll be using in the new year as a clear demonstration of how to square the markers up and create space in behind the rucj

I was listening to a Pod cast, I can’t remember which one and they were saying that Cameron Smith himself couldn’t have played it better.

Beddsy also said it was and incredible set and shows just how far his come as dummy

You’ve really missed the mark on this one mate.

kinghippo

Juniors
I doubt Kenny is on more than $300k.

You could get a bit of extra attack and teach defence for taking it up to an average hooker wage of $500k
It will be interesting to see what offers are thrown Kenny’s way if he goes to open market.
Teams are looking at us in envy and if a coach decides they want are more solid middle Kenny could be in line for very decent $$$

Iamback

Coach
It will be interesting to see what offers are thrown Kenny’s way if he goes to open market.
Teams are looking at us in envy and if a coach decides they want are more solid middle Kenny could be in line for very decent $$$

The shit teams need someone like Kenny in their side. I'd say they have him as a lock though that puts the value down abit but there is no reason.

Dragons
Dogs

and sides like that wouldn't pay $600k. Cam McInnes is that same style

Black Diamond

Juniors
Sure am we had no right to score. Brisbane choked badly
I agree that Brisbane choked but that was because of our game plan worked. Grind them down and wear them out. Kenny took advantage of the fact they were gassed and dummied and passed and Nath iced it.

We actually had every right to score that match winner.

As soon as Critter scored, I knew we had it and Kenny played a big part in it. It was obvious that Brisbane were out on their feet and the boys read it well.

Another telling factor in that 6 was Sorro's awareness to get the f*#k out of there so no obstruction was called.

Fabulous set of 6 from all involved that locked in the 3peat.

Latest posts