What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
I think we need to look to the future a bit with our depth selections and the utility spot. The player drain from the last 3 years is getting up there, we are a development club so we need bring on the next gen. Henry will obviously be in the mix. Id like to see cole or sommerton on the bench each week, the outside backs being covered by McLean/alamoti/cole or iongi over peach. Geyer, Lisati and possibly hasset covering injuries etc in the pack.

If we can get McLean, Cole and Hassett into the mix come finals time. Given their age and contract situation it really sets us up for the next few seasons.

Don’t stress about Cehtre, we have 3 really good options.

2025 No.6 is the only real worry moving forward.
Which is probably the reason Ivan and the management have signed Schneider for 2 years.

The back up half in recent seasons has been signed for only 1 year because of Jerome.

I'm thinking they've known for a long while that Jerome was leaving hence the 2 years for Schneider.

This will work. Cole to be toughened up, and grow a bit, in Cup for another season with Peach and Laurie filling the utility role.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Which is probably the reason Ivan and the management have signed Schneider for 2 years.

The back up half in recent seasons has been signed for only 1 year because of Jerome.

I'm thinking they've known for a long while that Jerome was leaving hence the 2 years for Schneider.

This will work. Cole to be toughened up, and grow a bit, in Cup for another season with Peach and Laurie filling the utility role.
He’s not a 6

The Realist

Juniors
Aside from May.

We have 3 options who are teenagers in McLean, Alamonti and Cole

With Garner if Ivan wants safe, I am not worried about centre. Impact off the bench is my concern

If May doesn't have a good pre-season or just flat out fails in the position early in the season I can see Ivan going with Garner. He is a good defender. My problem with Garner is that he is known not to have the best motor. Can we rely on him for 80 mins?

Iamback

Coach
And the final 20 minutes of the GF proved that Nathan is not just a 7. We all saw what happened when Cogger took on the 7 role.

If we keep doing the same stuff the other top sides are good enough now to limit us so I'm prepared for something totally different from some players during this season.

That is how I see it, perfect time to re boot the side on the run.

We will start our sets well. Have a great pack the rest can be tinkered with

Iamback

Coach
If May doesn't have a good pre-season or just flat out fails in the position early in the season I can see Ivan going with Garner. He is a good defender. My problem with Garner is that he is known not to have the best motor. Can we rely on him for 80 mins?

I think having Crichton has shown Ivan we need something in attack. Garner might go in as a stop gap but I don't see McLean and or Alamonti getting some decent time at centre across the season

Our starting pack should be

Leota
Kenny
Fish
Martin
Sorro
Yeo.

Garner could always play some centre during a game particularly as that pack has big minutes in them

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I think having Crichton has shown Ivan we need something in attack. Garner might go in as a stop gap but I don't see McLean and or Alamonti getting some decent time at centre across the season

Our starting pack should be

Leota
Kenny
Fish
Martin
Sorro
Yeo.

Garner could always play some centre during a game particularly as that pack has big minutes in them
I'd look at starting Garner and let Soro play the bench role

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Because he's so flexible and can provide some impact.
Depending on the opposition we should also consider spliting up Fish and Leota. The drop in intensity when both go off is massive.
So you think we are better off having less intensity for a bigger percentage of the game?
Or
Do we stick with proven premiership winning pack?

I do think we will probably play with the Middles rotation a bit, but you just wait and see what Liam Henry brings of the bench this year, he’s primed for a huge year.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
So you think we are better off having less intensity for a bigger percentage of the game?
Or
Do we stick with proven premiership winning pack?

I do think we will probably play with the Middles rotation a bit, but you just wait and see what Liam Henry brings of the bench this year, he’s primed for a huge year.
Without Spencer are might get rolled by better sides when Fish and Leota go off together. Happened many times last year even with him.