What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Pantherjim.

Referee
You are both talking about single games, if you look across the entire season, you’ll see that we can easily replace centres.

No, not single games. Quite a few of them. Three of them were National Rugby League Grand Finals no less.

Critta is a freak athlete who makes plays, but players like that do it from anywhere on the field are a bonus, not a “must have”.
Who just happens to be the best Rugby League Centre on the planet.

Our team will never pay big bucks for a centre and we’ll probably go through a few in the coming years.

It’s not in our club’s culture to pay big bucks for a player of any position unless they have reached legend status such as the likes of Nathan Cleary, but anyway, I’m gathering you figure that Jarome’s loss in 2025 will be more felt than Critta’s loss this year?

I beg to differ. Jarome is a great 5/8th but not a brilliant 5/8th. I can think of at least a handful of 5/8ths who are ahead of Jarome including Cameron Munster, Ezra Mam, Tom Dearden, Dylan Brown and Cody Walker. As far as we’re concerned and for our purposes; definitely not worth investing in for 1.2 mill a season over 5 years when we have the best Rugby League Halfback on planet earth and a host of players including Maverick Geyer who can step up and replace Jarome next year.

Black Diamond

Juniors
No, not single games. Quite a few of them. Three of them were National Rugby League Grand Finals no less.

It’s not in our club’s culture to pay big bucks for a player of any position unless they have reached legend status such as the likes of Nathan Cleary, but anyway, I’m gathering you figure that Jarome’s loss in 2025 will be more felt than Critta’s loss this year?

I beg to differ. Jarome is a great 5/8th but not a brilliant 5/8th. I can think of at least a handful of 5/8ths who are ahead of Jarome including Cameron Munster, Ezra Mam, Tom Dearden, Dylan Brown and Cody Walker. As far as we’re concerned and for our purposes; definitely not worth investing in for 1.2 mill a season over 5 years when we have the best Rugby League Halfback on planet earth and a host of players including Maverick Geyer who can step up and replace Jarome next year.
Agree with what you say but Mav is not a replacement for Jarome. Play 2 entirely different positions, don't see Mav as a 5/8

StanTheMan

Juniors
Nah, you’ve lost me….

“Centres aren’t important in our set up” and yet it was Stephen Crichton who scored tries, (including a crucial, match-winner in the 2021 GF) in our last 3 Grand Final victories?
I agree with him. Critta would have made a difference playing any position (like you mentioned he did from the wing in 2021). In 2024 we need someone to step up in the big games, it doesn't necessarily have to be a centre

Iamback

Coach
I agree with him. Critta would have made a difference playing any position (like you mentioned he did from the wing in 2021). In 2024 we need someone to step up in the big games, it doesn't necessarily have to be a centre

So where else is a spot free for someone to jump out?

Everywhere else is pretty settled

Pantherjim.

Referee

We will miss him. Mark my words. Especially in the first few rounds given our tough draw. He is the best centre in the comp defensively and offensively, and he is more of a loss to us than Jarome ever will be.

StanTheMan

Juniors
We will miss him. Mark my words. Especially in the first few rounds given our tough draw. He is the best centre in the comp defensively and offensively, and he is more of a loss to us than Jarome ever will be.
We'll definitely miss him, but not because he's a centre

Luke Bowden

First Grade

Maverick Geyer is going to replace Jerome Luai?? Well that’s a new one. Amazing insight.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Perhaps learn to read?? I’m sorry… are you a kid or something? I don’t wanna be rude if you are.
Mav plays a completely different position. You may as well have said Mose Leota is an option.

I believe I said “we have a host of players including (but not limited to!) Maverick Geyer
which is where your lack of comprehension skills has let you down.

He’s an option, that’s my only point. End of.
Brad Schneider, Daine Laurie and Jack Cole are also “Options”

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I believe I said “we have a host of players including (but not limited to!) Maverick Geyer
which is where your lack of comprehension skills has let you down.

He’s an option, that’s my only point. End of.
Brad Schneider, Daine Laurie and Jack Cole are also “Options”
You are completely mad if you think Mav Geyer is being considered the slightest hope of any position in our spine.

This is the craziest thing I’ve heard… please mate, you won’t find a single person that would agree, that he is an option at 5/8…

I honestly still don’t know if you’re taking the piss…

Pantherjim.

Referee
You are completely mad if you think Mav Geyer is being considered the slightest hope of any position in our spine.

Once again for the intellectually challenged amongst us: I suggested that Geyer is one of many options.

And it really goes to show you know f*ck all about Rugby League if you genuinely believe a back rower in the junior grades could never be considered as a future key part of the spine in a first grade squad.

This is the craziest thing I’ve heard… please mate, you won’t find a single person that would agree, that he is an option at 5/8…
Yet he’s been touted before as a potential replacement.

I honestly still don’t know if you’re taking the piss…

Why would I be taking the piss?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Once again for the intellectually challenged amongst us: I suggested that Geyer is one of many options.

And it really goes to show you know f*ck all about Rugby League if you genuinely believe a back rower in the junior grades could never be considered as a future key part of the spine in a first grade squad.

Wait a minute….. You are suggesting that Mav Geyer is a possible chance of playing 5/8 for the Penrith Panthers and I have no idea…..

Seriously…. It’s so ridiculous that I honestly believe you are taking the piss…. Mav Geyer, who I rate highly, can’t kick a footy… he’s hopeless… don’t get me started on his passing…

Just stop mate… you look foolish suggesting this… no one will back you, even Chins or Girds wouldn’t agree. It’s just awful.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

Litterally never been “Touted” by anyone to replace Jerome Luai. You are full of shit.