What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

mxlegend99

Referee
Is $500k really that much overs for Terrell May? I don't it's that unreasonable.
I think it's reasonable. I think we could get him for less than Bulldogs too.

Being part of a rotation with Fish and Leota, laying a platform for Cleary. With his brother already at the club. Pretty easy sell IMO. If we offered up 80% of what Bulldogs did, I would think that makes us a hell of a lot more attractive to him.

He's also guaranteed to be a finals player here at the very least. Possibly a premiership winner. At Bulldogs scraping into the top 8 would be a fantasy scenario.

Iamback

Coach
I think it's reasonable. I think we could get him for less than Bulldogs too.

Being part of a rotation with Fish and Leota, laying a platform for Cleary. With his brother already at the club. Pretty easy sell IMO. If we offered up 80% of what Bulldogs did, I would think that makes us a hell of a lot more attractive to him.

He's also guaranteed to be a finals player here at the very least. Possibly a premiership winner. At Bulldogs scraping into the top 8 would be a fantasy scenario.

We didn't offer Spencer anywhere near that for the same role though

Bulldogs at this rate won't win anything and the Tigers have more of a complete side. Bringing Terrell here would be fantastic, but it will bring alot of bagging and I can see future trouble at the club if all 3 are there.

Bulldogs at this rate won't win anything and the Tigers have more of a complete side. Bringing Terrell here would be fantastic, but it will bring alot of bagging and I can see future trouble at the club if all 3 are there.
You can't tarnish Terrell or Taylan because of their brothers history

You can't tarnish Terrell or Taylan because of their brothers history
I was meaning the fact having too much influence at the club. EG if the club has an issue with one of them or if one doesn't something wrong, the other brothers going to stick up for him and would turn the club into a mess.

soc123_au

Staff member
Taylan has his own history. Nothing like his vile brother though to be fair
Taylan did dumb teenager shit as a teenager. His heart was in the right place too, backing up a mate. I dont think any of the May boys are going to be rhodes scholars, but I reckon Taylan cops a fair bit of stick for doing not much at all. Not directed at you either particularly, just in general.

Still agree with you that paying Terrel anywhere near the offers he will get would be bad business in more ways than just the cap hit though.

Latest posts