What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I have a question regarding Tago, well, two, really:
1. Is it really true that he refuses to take any modern medicine or treatment, or is that just media bullshit?
2. If it is true, wouldn't it be better to just let him leave? I don't see the point of keeping a guy who we won't be able to reliably keep on the field.

looking at our projected 17, There is a lot of sameness with the side.

Need a couple of players who offer something different
If it is a choice between a second rower who can do a job at centre in a pinch (Garner) or a centre who we are stretching to a second rower I would go the former.

I also think Alamoti is going to be a gun and why would you blunt him by playing him out of position.

Unless of course we are trying to find a way to find another second rower to allow Mav to move to 5/8th.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I have a question regarding Tago, well, two, really:
1. Is it really true that he refuses to take any modern medicine or treatment, or is that just media bullshit?
2. If it is true, wouldn't it be better to just let him leave? I don't see the point of keeping a guy who we won't be able to reliably keep on the field.
It’s not true that he refuses modern medicine, he just wants all natural options explored before going there.

He’ll do what it takes to play as long as all options have been explored.

Iamback

Coach
If it is a choice between a second rower who can do a job at centre in a pinch (Garner) or a centre who we are stretching to a second rower I would go the former.

I also think Alamoti is going to be a gun and why would you blunt him by playing him out of position.

Unless of course we are trying to find a way to find another second rower to allow Mav to move to 5/8th.

Depends how many minutes that player is playing.

Martin will play 80 mins most weeks.
We were getting 60 from Sorro.

We can have Garner come on and run his lines or go with someone who offloads or something different

I haven't ruled Alamonti out of centre yet, too many questions on May. Need 4-5 weeks to full judge him.

maple_69

Bench
The one year contract for Alamoti is interesting in itself. For a kid with that much potential, we’d normally tie them up for at least 2. We’ll need to make a call on him fairly quickly or someone will offer him a starting gig for 2025. May absolutely deserves first crack at Critta’s role but I think it would be fair to start Alamoti on the bench and give him some centre minutes. Tago can play that 20/30 min edge role while we see how Alamoti goes defending in our system. Wouldn’t hurt to throw him in the middle at the end of a shift just to see what he can do.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
The one year contract for Alamoti is interesting in itself. For a kid with that much potential, we’d normally tie them up for at least 2. We’ll need to make a call on him fairly quickly or someone will offer him a starting gig for 2025. May absolutely deserves first crack at Critta’s role but I think it would be fair to start Alamoti on the bench and give him some centre minutes. Tago can play that 20/30 min edge role while we see how Alamoti goes defending in our system. Wouldn’t hurt to throw him in the middle at the end of a shift just to see what he can do.
That’s to disruptive for my liking.

There is no reason that Alomoti can’t earn a contract extension from Cup. Full games in reserve grade will be better for his development than short little stints of the bench.

Iamback

Coach
Martin was able to play pretty much the whole season after the hammy at the start of the year.

Tago was still struggling for Samoa after the season finished

Luke Bowden

First Grade
So Martin playing only playing 18 games because he was unavailable for 4 games due to Origin is the same as another playing 16 due to injury?
And Tago was rested for games because they were important which “skew” his numbers. Its swings and roundabouts and really doesn’t matter.

The point is, players get hurt, some injuries are trickier than others. Tago’s preference for natural alternatives, certainty had no bearing on his recovery.

He was just unlucky to pick up a worse injury during his recovery from a less serious one.

On a side note, I absolutely agree with him regarding his position on pharmaceuticals.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
And Tago was rested for games because they were important which “skew” his numbers. Its swings and roundabouts and really doesn’t matter.

The point is, players get hurt, some injuries are trickier than others. Tago’s preference for natural alternatives, certainty had no bearing on his recovery.

He was just unlucky to pick up a worse injury during his recovery from a less serious one.

On a side note, I absolutely agree with him regarding his position on pharmaceuticals.
Ahhhh and it becomes clear.

Iamback

Coach

We will have a bigger sample size to go with over the next few years. You don't get 'rested' in finals games though

His last 2 games he played for us and his game for Samoa were close to the worst he has played, That leads me to think he still wasn't right

You can agree with him, You also aren't part of a team where there are guys taking stuff just to get on the field.

When that starts affecting your performance you are no good to the side

Latest posts